Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That ReflectGard stuff looks pretty interesting...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It IS amazing. I was the second person to purchase the kit for a RT. At $39 it's a great safety item for our RT's.
    Contact Morgan Holt www.jmhmotorsport.com. 205-752-4009 for more info.

Also, think of the visibility of the bike when I'm trailering it.

I've been behind a couple of people who had it installed on their Spyders at Venom in Vandiver and it really stands out when it's dark.
    Last edited by Cavman; 11-14-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Possible next project?

I have this trailer that I would like to convert to possibly tow with my Spyder?
    I use to use it to carry scuba tanks, diving gear and camping gear. On the right side,
    the top board would fold down for easy loading and unloading. The whole top hinged
    forward also.

I would like to remove the 'wood box' and replace the plywood with a piece that is longer....
    around six feet tapering at the front. I would like to make the body of the trailer for both storage and with the possibility of being able to use as a mini camper. I think Tarpology would be involved for a camper?

Being concerned with weight, it would be ideal to fabricate it out of aluminum sheeting.
    At this point, I would be concerned about the cost of the aluminum? I would also want it rivet it together.....not talking pop rivets here kids!
    I don't have a sheet metal bending machine, shear or an air compressor. All the other required items I have.
    I would use aircraft sealant when putting it together so it would be weather resistant.

It's just in the thinking about it stage and figuring out the design?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cavman; 03-07-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Ohh my..!!

You sure have been busy. Done some great work. It is shaping up nicely. Thanks for all the pic's..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Awesome mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    It IS amazing. I was the second person to purchase the kit for a RT. At $39 it's a great safety item for our RT's.
    Contact Morgan Holt www.jmhmotorsport.com. 205-752-4009 for more info.

Also, think of the visibility of the bike when I'm trailering it.

I've been behind a couple of people who had it installed on their Spyders at Venom in Vandiver and it really stands out when it's dark.
    I will definitely look into this.
    ----
    USAF Retired (1986 - 2006)
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain
    Riding with Dignity, Honor and Respect

Spyder Garage

I've sent a note twice and am hoping they will come with some kits for the RT's.
    He was at Venom in Vandiver last September and did a jam up job.

Spyder Garage

Default AUX Thermometer

I got tired of the Spyder temp gauge reading higher than the real outside temperature. So I bought a couple of these digital waterproof thermometers at Harbour Freight or about five bucks each.
    Fabricated an aluminum bracket with my Swiss Army knife drilling the hole with the awl.
    Mounted under the card.
    image.jpgI drilled a bunch of holes in the end of the protective tube for better air circulation. It's also under the dash to keep it out of direct sunlight.

I have moved the unit to the top of the dash to see how it works there?
    Last edited by Cavman; 05-04-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Snyder Trailer

This is a work in progress. Took off what was on the frame including the rotten decking. Extended the decking from 48" to 72". Enough room for my marine cooler up front.
    Got rid of the old tail lights and put on new LED units and wiring. Coated the decking.
    There is more work to do on it.

Spyder Garage

Got the X-Cargo box bolted on. Trimmed of the corners so there wouldn't be turning issues. The harness wiring is finished. Put some support under the front of the decking to help support the cooler.

Spyder Garage

I have fixed the problem that occurred with the listening of the XM radio. I think NPR has a new frequency here in Atlanta that was over powering the transmitter I was using for my Delphi Roady to listen to my XM channels on 88.1 FM.

I installed the CableJive dockBoss connector between my Roady's stereo jack and the BRP iPod cable. This set up now works great. This is what the new cable looks like:
    image.jpg
    I've seen that BRP offers a cable that plugs in the trunk with a 3.5mm jack on the other end. It costs more than the CableJive unit.

Spyder Garage

I was a SpyderFest and tried to use my first generation Go Pro Hero cam. Well, both times it crapped out on me.
    I had gotten that deal that was posted on here for the Drift camera for $90.

So, I'm looking at where to mount this new camera. I decided to modify one of the GoPro units so that I could mount my Drift on the dash mount because I would be able to tilt the camera.

Spyder Garage

Using a jeweler's saw, I cut out the middle leg of the Go Pro mount. Then on the Drift part I had to remove some material so the holes would line up.
    Got the parts together and mounted the mod on the dash on Go Pro mount.

I have also put a Drift mounts on the left side of my trunk and on the top of my helmet.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Spyder Garage

Got my custom made converter cable to connect from my Spyder to my trailer's flat four plug from Doc Riverside today. I also installed it on the trailer hitch.

Spyder Garage

Default Is the cut specific to the Spyder

I got the ReflectGard installed on the back of the Spyder on the black areas on the rear. The sheeting is black but reflects white when headlights hit it.
    or did you get it in bulk and cut to fit? I really like the look and may order it. Thanks
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

I bought the pre cut kit. Couldn't beat it for the price in that form. I also wanted as easy to apply as possible. I did mod part of it to fit around my Travel Bug sticker. Then put those sections on the trunk release handle.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Cavman, it is on the

I bought the pre cut kit. Couldn't beat it for the price in that form. I also wanted as easy to apply as possible. I did mod part of it to fit around my Travel Bug sticker. Then put those sections on the trunk release handle.
    upgrade list, I think it is a good investment.
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

You will need to order by phone because RT's still aren't on the website's list of motorcycles. I sent the owner a message about it.
    Last edited by Cavman; 05-24-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default I noticed that..

You will need to order by phone because RT's still aren't on the website's list of motorcycles. I sent the owner a massage about it.
    Thanks for the update!
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Took it for a spin.

I have been driving around with my trailer to see how it feels? Interesting in trailer mode as the Spyder drives different as far as accelerating. Practicing backing up too. What a joy.
    Bought a spare tire for it at Northern Tool today. I have an old scissors jack from a Datsun. Will be getting a lug nut wrench setup too.
    Went buy Batteries Plus and purchased a sealed battery to power some spiffy lights. I'll make a box for the battery and mount in some where.
    Will look into getting the yellow side lights to work. I bought some LED replacement bulbs for them.
    I think I'll name the trailer "Ooogly Trailer" for Travel Bug tracking purposes.

Spyder Garage

Default Mirror Repair

I was installing some red LED strips to my mirrors as aux turn signals. The right mirror is broken as the hook tab has broken off. This makes putting the mirror back a pain in the !

So I got some of my Sugru and made a repair of the mirror.
    image.jpgHere is how I've mounted the red LED strips to the mirrors.
    image.jpgThis way the don't block any of the mirror surface. They are really bright!

Spyder Garage

I've had this hitch ball cover on some of my cages. Thought it would be fun to put it on the Spyder while at the Wing Ding this coming week since I'm not taking the 'Ooogly Trailer'.

Spyder Garage

Another inexpensive safety thing I came up with. I bought some reflective thread to have some fun with. I took several strands and tied them on the top of my antenna. It will be interesting to see how it works out. It highly reflective like the ReflectGard.

Spyder Garage

The latest addition to the Alumna TK-1 Trailer was to add some orange reflective tape in a blocky 'Y'.
    But unless you were a Spyder owner, you might not know what it was? So, I added some hand cut letters to make it more clear.

Spyder Garage

I going to buy another ReflectGuard kit for the 2015 Spyder RTS I purchased this past weekend at Cowtown during Spyder Jam.
    Morgan Holt's website and business has moved to Alphretta, GA. http://www.jmhmotorsport.com/
    The Can-Am's are not listed on the website so you will need to contact Morgan directly at 470-395-6526 for one of the kits.
    He is getting back to me about pricing. I had bought the second kit for a RT in the country about three years ago. It's great safety
    added feature for our RT Spyders!
    The phone numbers listed are not good except for the cell number. Use the number listed above.

Spyder Garage

Default ....mods to the 2015 RTS 'The White One'

I have installed the Reflect Guard kit on this Spyder as well. Under the trunk release handle you will see blue DOT reflective tape and yellow DOT reflective tape dots under the trunk lid gap. Blue reflective DOT tape is on the trailer hitch that came off my 2010 RT.
    On the wheels are several colors of DOT reflective tape dots.
    As an experiment, I'm trying out some EL wore on my antenna. It runs off a battery pack that is in the trunk. It can blink fast, slow or a steady light.