Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Cavman's gettin' started

I got the LED Bolts wired into the tag light. Getting the tag light back together will be next. I also stuck on a Travel Bug for you Geocachers out there. It's named: 'BulSpyderByte'.DSC_9067s.jpgDSC_9068s.jpg

I've been bitten and there is no cure.

Spyder Garage

Added some driving lights. DSC_9071s.jpg

Spyder Garage

As for the trailer, I've added some back up lights. The trailer has a stone guard in front so that will block the light from the fog light on my truck's bumper.DSC_9074s.jpg I will have to make another connection to the truck's backup circuit to make these work when I'm in reverse.
    DSC_9070s.jpg

3/2012 UPDATE. The trailer's back up lights are on a switch, not in the back up circuit. I tried tagging them into the truck's aux back up lights circuit and it blew the 10 amp fuse.
    So I didn't want to over tax the truck's wiring. I think it's better this way.
    Last edited by Cavman; 03-17-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Spyder Garage

Looks great!

Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Looks good. I ordered the LED tag bolts as well . Just a little more bling.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Nice looking trailer. Care to provide some info on it..... Make /model/ price. Thanks.
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    As for the trailer, I've added some back up lights. The trailer has a stone guard in front so that will block the light from the fog light on my truck's bumper. I will have to make another connection to the truck's backup circuit to make these work when I'm in reverse.

3/2012 UPDATE. The trailer's back up lights are on a switch, not in the back up circuit. I tried tagging them into the truck's aux back up lights circuit and it blew the 10 amp fuse.
    So I didn't want to over tax the truck's wiring. I think it's better this way.
    way to go Fyi I though I could do similar lights on an '80 wrk truck I had. Ended up mounting a adjustable spot light (like mounted on cop cars) right in split of rear window, I could point it whoever I needed as I was backing up. Forgot the candle power but it was basically a high beam headlight on a mount with a toggle switch

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I added a couple of items that may "offend" some persons. Yes, they are brass! I couldn't find any in any local stores so I had to order some online from Bolt Depot. I got the big 1" size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Since I'm a member of the GWRRA and they use CB while on their rides, I thought adding a CB to the Spyder was in order. I have also added the SENA Bluetooth to work with the CB.
    There was NO way I was buying the over priced BRP radio so I went with the Midland unit and the RAM parts needed to mount it. I also decided I wanted the option of a 2 meter ham radio. So, I made up a custom cable from SENA and Yaesu cables to connect the Yasue FT-270 to the SENA SR10 unit.
    The first photo shows the Midland on the right handle bar. The SM10 is mounted on the left handle bar. The PTT button is on the left grip.
    The second photo shows the Yaesu radio with the custom cable I made. The SENA cable made for Yaesu radios won't work with my radio. My Yaesu can be used in the rain, thus the special cable.
    Attached Images Attached Images