Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Toe socks?? I had no idea that such a thing existed...
    Maybe I should get out to the Mall more often...
    I imagine without them you would get a bad case of Not So Happy and Stinky Feet.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

They look like fun, but I walk about ten miles a day and have Diabetes,this means my feet are always at risk. I've been told never to go barefoot and don't know if these would give enough protection to feet that I have not felt in years. Would like to try them but they are not cheep and don't know which model would be good for walking? I may have to go to a local shoe store and try some on.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

I,ll look into a pair for Jetskiing as they look better than old sneakers I usually wear.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Wow interesting shoes and no Spyder to rent

I love going barefoot but have gotten soft since my younger days pre-55 . And only do barefoot inside and yard. Gotta find a store and try some of these. Hmmmmm Lamont may end up with. Nickname of pied piper first all those Spyder mods I just need and now shoes. Whats next? I'm pouting. Soooo planned on riding a Spyder while in Hawaii went to rent yesterday and customer had rented thru March...what's up with that? Great for the rental business guess it means just have to plan another trip to a aloha country...but will have Spyder rented first...everyone have a great day
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

They are fun to wear.. and you definately get some strange looks while wearing them LOL . I love my pair

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Only if I can get them in " Cool Dude, Hard Core, Bad Ass Biker fingerless version

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLorD View Post
    Only if I can get them in " Cool Dude, Hard Core, Bad Ass Biker fingerless version
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

These are great for martial arts and the gym--and I like that you can throw them in the washing machine. They became really popular after the bestseller 'Born to Run', a great book where the argument is made that traditional running shoes lead to more injuries because all the extra cushioning actually weakens our muscles and joints. Start slowly with these shoes--you can get really sore because you are using muscles that you haven't used in years.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question

Geeeeze I just saw a ditty on How's it made or discovery about those "shoes". They are supposed to be just like goin barefoot with more protection for all our years of going around in shoes. Let us know how they work out for ya!!

Spyder Garage

I got them today and they don't fit, too tight I hate sending stuff back but these got to go. The sizing chart said I needed a 41 but it looks like I need the next size up.

arntufun

Please keep us informed. I think these are the coolest thing since Crocks. I will be ordering a pair for myself if you give the . I will surely be wearing mine camping.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I got them today and they don't fit, too tight I hate sending stuff back but these got to go. The sizing chart said I needed a 41 but it looks like I need the next size up.
    Lamont, check on their page and see if there are retailers in your area that sell these, the sizing sucks but one size off makes a big difference. I have a size 12 shoe and that is a m46 in vibram sizing. Easier to go to the store for sizing and go for a deal online, call the store first to make sure they have the size range you think you need.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCSMOKE View Post
    Lamont, check on their page and see if there are retailers in your area that sell these, the sizing sucks but one size off makes a big difference. I have a size 12 shoe and that is a m46 in vibram sizing. Easier to go to the store for sizing and go for a deal online, call the store first to make sure they have the size range you think you need.
    As a dealer of several brands of products I resent what you just said the dealer has an investment of money time and labor to be there just so you can use him for a show room and use his sales people for fitting if you use the dealer buy from him also soon there will be no dealers left for your convince if everyone. Buys online. REI sell these shoes

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    As a dealer of several brands of products I resent what you just said the dealer has an investment of money time and labor to be there just so you can use him for a show room and use his sales people for fitting if you use the dealer buy from him also soon there will be no dealers left for your convince if everyone. Buys online. REI sell these shoes
    I did something similar but not entirely by choice. I went to REI to try mine on. And would have bought there, except they didn't have the model I wanted in the color I wanted.I did receive very excellent service and help with sizing from the girl there even though she knew I wasn't buying because of this. I made sure t compliment her to the manager before I left. Found the prices online had almost no variance, so i ended up finding another local store to purchase from.

Strange were talking about shoes. I spent thelastfew days trying to get new shoes. You know what they say about guys with it feet right?..... They can't find shoes that fit....
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

........the dealer has an investment of money time and labor to be there just so you can use him for a show room and use his sales people for fitting if you use the dealer buy from him also soon there will be no dealers left for your convince if everyone. Buys online. REI sell these shoes
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Please keep us informed. I think these are the coolest thing since Crocks. I will be ordering a pair for myself if you give the . I will surely be wearing mine camping.

I've had mine for over a couple of years. They work great at the gym and walking/hiking and running (with the correct model, as someone already mentioned). The only problem I had was hiking on a wet, inclined surface; I got absolutely no traction.

I did buy my pair where I tried them on.

By the way, Lamont, since you will be using them on the treadmill, the 5 fingered socks would probably be of no benefit to you. However, when hiking, the little stones that make there way into the vibrams drive me nuts; the socks do help there.

Oh Randy,

Since I quoted you; you may want to think twice about the vibrams. You're likely to want a bigger windshield on your spyder, and risers, and probably put your rear fender back on.

Spyder Garage

I agree with you, and if the size and style I want is in the store I tend to walk out with the new shoes on. My experience though is that the selection is limited along size and model peramiters, I own 5 pairs. Only one place in Vegas (a specialized store) had all options and sizes. I am sorry that I did not word my post differently.
    Corbin saddle
    IPS
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    cell phone interface kit
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I've had mine for over a couple of years. They work great at the gym and walking/hiking and running (with the correct model, as someone already mentioned). The only problem I had was hiking on a wet, inclined surface; I got absolutely no traction.

I did buy my pair where I tried them on.

By the way, Lamont, since you will be using them on the treadmill, the 5 fingered socks would probably be of no benefit to you. However, when hiking, the little stones that make there way into the vibrams drive me nuts; the socks do help there.

Oh Randy,

Since I quoted you; you may want to think twice about the vibrams. You're likely to want a bigger windshield on your spyder, and risers, and probably put your rear fender back on.

Thanks Ron. I'm really interested in these. I am going to go to a local store try them on until I find the size I need, then purchase them online.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Thanks Ron. I'm really interested in these. I am going to go to a local store try them on until I find the size I need, then purchase them online.

Corbin saddle
    IPS
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    cell phone interface kit
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

After talking the a sales person on the phone, I was told the sizing the Vibram describes is wrong. I have a pair and they are red. I figured if I was going to wear some strange foot coverings, they should really stand out.
    They also look OK when you are wearing a kilt....sneakers don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    After talking the a sales person on the phone, I was told the sizing the Vibram describes is wrong. I have a pair and they are red. I figured if I was going to wear some strange foot coverings, they should really stand out.
    They also look OK when you are wearing a kilt....sneakers don't.
    I hadn't thought of that, a kilt on the hotter summer days should keep the garden of good and evil from turning into a rain forest A happy garden makes a happy Ryder.
    Corbin saddle
    IPS
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    cell phone interface kit
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

I have some; mine are the style that doesn't have the solid material over the foot; I can't remember the name... Classic, maybe. I can't believe the site made you think you'd take a 41; that would be itty bitty feeties for a guy... admittedly, I am a ladies size 9, which is at the larger end of the female shoe spectrum, but I wear a 40 in the Vibrams. You can have your foot sized for Euro size in a shoe store. Of course, Euro sizes vary just like US; I have 3 pair of euro-sized shoes, all supposedly size 40. My Finns are a little big, my Sidi riding boots are a little snug (I finally took the inserts out of the bottom, and they feel fine now), and the Vibrams are just right.

Anyway, I hated doing the treadmill thing in shoes; it felt awkward. Barefoot made my feet sore. The Vibrams are an excellent compromise. I love the things.

And yes, they ARE the Spyders of footgear .

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)