Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Hello Colorado Spyder ryders

Hello everybody this is Dan L, and I just wanted to start this thread so.....................Let the posting begain

Spyder Garage

Default New Owner

Quote Originally Posted by William S. View Post
    Hello everybody this is Dan L, and I just wanted to start this thread so.....................Let the posting begain
    Hello to everyone in The Colorado Spyder Ryders Club, my name is Larry Thompson, I live in Estes Park Colorado and purchased a new 2012 Spyder RT-S. I've ridden motorcycles since I was 13 years old, started out on a Honda 90 Dream and spent most of my adult life on a Honda Goldwing. I'm in Phoenix right now tending to some personal (87 year old mother) issues, but before I left I was able to get to my 600 miles and now my Spyder is in for it's initial 600 mile Service. I must say that this Spyder is the most amazing ride I've ever experienced. I gave up my Goldwing due to bad knees (college football injury), I had both knees replaced at Orthopedics of the Rockies last year and decided to try the 3-wheel aspect of riding. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, enjoying our commonality and more than anything getting out and riding in this beautiful state of Colorado.
    Feel free to e-mail me at anytime...........LarBear4442@g-mail.com

Spyder Garage

Welcome, Larry. Congrats on the RT.

We are trying to get more Colorado Spyder Ryders using this forum, but it's a slow process.
    I'm looking forward to meeting and ryding with you.

How about a Trail Ridge Road Ryde this summer and an early dinner at the Dunnraven Inn???

Spyder Garage

Howdy folks. I live in Sterling, Colorado but am a transplant from San Diego, California. I will be going to look at Spyders tomorrow in Denver. Once my truck is paid off in about a year and a half, I am going to to buy either RT-S or an RS-S. Once I get the Spyder that I buy, I would love to get together with some fellow Colorado folks and go riding sometime.
    Jay

Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder

I should be picking up my new 2012 RTS in April as soon as they get it in.
    I have been riding sense 1965. This will be the first non two wheeler I have owned and am looking forward to it.
    Hope to see you on the roads of Colorado.
    mtbear

Spyder Garage

Anything going on in Colorado anytime soon?
    mtbear

Spyder Garage

Default colorado

Well colo. spyd-e riders, I live near gr. jct., & 30 mi east the mtns. got 6' new snow, & the Gr. Mesa, still has over 4 ft of snow left to melt!!!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Has anyone signed up for the Durango Can Am Event?

"Improvise, Adapt and Overcome"

Spyder Garage

Yes, we have a group of about 20 already. Planning to ryde to Durango on the 19th.

See what the Colorado Spyder Ryders are up to at www.meetup.com search on Colorado Spyder Ryders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LarBear4442 View Post
    Hello to everyone in The Colorado Spyder Ryders Club, my name is Larry Thompson, I live in Estes Park Colorado and purchased a new 2012 Spyder RT-S. I've ridden motorcycles since I was 13 years old, started out on a Honda 90 Dream and spent most of my adult life on a Honda Goldwing. I'm in Phoenix right now tending to some personal (87 year old mother) issues, but before I left I was able to get to my 600 miles and now my Spyder is in for it's initial 600 mile Service. I must say that this Spyder is the most amazing ride I've ever experienced. I gave up my Goldwing due to bad knees (college football injury), I had both knees replaced at Orthopedics of the Rockies last year and decided to try the 3-wheel aspect of riding. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, enjoying our commonality and more than anything getting out and riding in this beautiful state of Colorado.
    Feel free to e-mail me at anytime...........LarBear4442@g-mail.com
    Hey Larry, I live in Pinewood Springs! I just bought my RS and rode it home from Missouri. Are you back and ryding?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GnA View Post
    Yes, we have a group of about 20 already. Planning to ryde to Durango on the 19th.

See what the Colorado Spyder Ryders are up to at www.meetup.com search on Colorado Spyder Ryders
    Hi GnA! I just joined this board. I'll see you on Thursday!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GnA View Post
    Welcome, Larry. Congrats on the RT.

We are trying to get more Colorado Spyder Ryders using this forum, but it's a slow process.
    I'm looking forward to meeting and ryding with you.

How about a Trail Ridge Road Ryde this summer and an early dinner at the Dunnraven Inn???

Hi! Just got on this blog and glad to see there are other interested CO riders. Did you have that Trail Ridge ride? We'd love to participate sometime. Anyone planning to attend the rally in Sturgis? I understand there has been a good presence of Spyders in the past.

Spyder Garage

Default IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

So, where are the Colorado Ryders? How about Front Range Ryders???? I just joined the Colorado Spyder Ryders meetup, so hope to find some of you there.

Hello????

Spyder Garage

Default SpyderMacs

​Hello All Colorado Spyder ryders,

I too, am a new owner of an RT Limited. I just read Larry T.'s post, and my god, its like a mirror. I have also been riding since I was 13. Can't even name all the different brands/types of bikes I've had. (The last several years have been Harley's). And I too started having knee problems. (But not anything as serious as Larry). But to a point where I just didn't feel as comfortable on the Harley as I once did. Also since the Boss, (Significant Other) and I ride Two-Up all the time, I thought I should look at something a little more stable. Such as trikes. I tried the Harley's. But they lacked power, and I didn't like the handling. I started seeing more and more Spyders at rallys, and decided to try them out. One test ride and I sold the Road King and bought the RT. I have been looking for fellow owners, in Colorado, and thought maybe I would start a group. (Hence, you might see "Rocky Mountain Spyder Ryders" on this site). But now I found Colorado Spyder Ryders, (CSR), so I will delete the group I was going to try and start. I don't want to step on any toes, and I can devote my time to a group that is already started. Let "The Boss" and I know what we can do to contribute, and we are looking forward to meeting other ryders.

Rgrds,
    Kc

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I are new RT/S owners. We rode Harleys for 6 years and enjoyed them very much, until she dropped hers in a parking lot at church. From that day on, she was not comfortable on the bike. Whether it was her bad knees, or just the weight of the bike that worried her, I have never found out. We saw an ad for the Spyders and thought we would give them a try. One test ride and she (we) was sold! Took her red one off the floor, and had to order a blue one for me. We've enjoyed them very much, especially with this mild fall weather we've had here in Colorado. Looking forward to a lot more riding! We are in Colorado Springs and would enjoy getting together with other ryders from the area.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking Hello Colorado Spyder Riders.

I am getting my 2012 spyder in a week or so. I was just wondering if there is anyone from Colorado going to the Ozark, MO SpiderFest 2013?
    I am only going for the weekend but, it would be awesome to ride out with someone else. Let me know if someone wants to go out together. I have my room reserved from friday night through sunday. I will be leaving to come back on Monday morning (only because of work).

ibcoralsea
    Last edited by ibcoralsea; 02-09-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hey Dan,
    I live down here just west of Walsenburg, so If you or anyone come through this way give me a call.
    mtbear

Spyder Garage

I'm not in CO, but have ridden through visiting friends in Denver and accomplishing a challenge by a local club called the CCRiders, CCRiders.com

if you want to ryde, this is definitly a list of challenges that are good to do. I did mine in 2 days on the way back to Cali from SpyderFest 2012. it was 10 passes over 10K feet.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMacs View Post
    ​Hello All Colorado Spyder ryders,

I too, am a new owner of an RT Limited. I just read Larry T.'s post, and my god, its like a mirror. I have also been riding since I was 13. Can't even name all the different brands/types of bikes I've had. (The last several years have been Harley's). And I too started having knee problems. (But not anything as serious as Larry). But to a point where I just didn't feel as comfortable on the Harley as I once did. Also since the Boss, (Significant Other) and I ride Two-Up all the time, I thought I should look at something a little more stable. Such as trikes. I tried the Harley's. But they lacked power, and I didn't like the handling. I started seeing more and more Spyders at rallys, and decided to try them out. One test ride and I sold the Road King and bought the RT. I have been looking for fellow owners, in Colorado, and thought maybe I would start a group. (Hence, you might see "Rocky Mountain Spyder Ryders" on this site). But now I found Colorado Spyder Ryders, (CSR), so I will delete the group I was going to try and start. I don't want to step on any toes, and I can devote my time to a group that is already started. Let "The Boss" and I know what we can do to contribute, and we are looking forward to meeting other ryders.

Rgrds,
    Kc
    hey Kc - did you find our Meet Up group?
    http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Spyder-Ryders/

Spyder Garage

Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I live in Colorado Springs. I bought my 2012 RT SE5 in February - and have only put 300+ miles on the Spyder to date. I have submitted a request to join the Meet-up Colorado Spyder Ryders group and I am looking forward to getting together with other Spyder Ryders and go for group rides thruought this beautiful state of ours.

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats and welcome to the family!

Hi Brian! Congratulations on your RT! I bought my RS last June and have loved every minute of it. I'm up near Estes Park, so if you end up riding this way, let me know and maybe we can do a ride together. I don't get down that way very often, but if I do, I'll let you know. YAY!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Hello

Quote Originally Posted by usn97ret View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I live in Colorado Springs. I bought my 2012 RT SE5 in February - and have only put 300+ miles on the Spyder to date. I have submitted a request to join the Meet-up Colorado Spyder Ryders group and I am looking forward to getting together with other Spyder Ryders and go for group rides thruought this beautiful state of ours.
    Nice to meet another co springs rider. We may have to hook up when I get back from Kuwait. I leave our in a few weeks, right now I'm healing from knee surgery.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Highlands Ranch RS rider here.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Owner

Hi, my name is Jeff and my wife Vivian and I bought a new RT this winter. We live in Longmont and look forward to the riding season and meeting other spyder riders.

Spyder Garage

Have you Ryders visited our meetup site? Most of our Ryde information is posted here...

Have you heard about our 4th of July Bash???

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Spyder-Ryders/