Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Spyder SuperClamp System or Tie Down

SuperClamp is a site sponsor. Question is, has anyone used this system or know of anyone that has. Let's hear it SpyderLovers, what do you think of this system?

Ralph
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ornerydog7 View Post
    SuperClamp is a site sponsor. Question is, has anyone used this system or know of anyone that has. Let's hear it SpyderLovers, what do you think of this system?

Ralph
    Ralph, just bought the system and it works very well. Call the owner, he gives 10% off to spyderlovers members. It seems expensive, but if you price a system like "Black + Gray" and add all the tie downs and it's quick release system, it isn't that much cheaper and the Superclamp system has taller sides to keep the Spyder from moving from side to side. You also don't have to run any straps thru your wheels and take a chance of wrecking the paint or chrome job. If you decide to buy the system, once you receive it you'll understand why it costs a little more. It's built very stout

Gerry...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nor-Cal Spyder View Post
    Ralph, just bought the system and it works very well. Call the owner, he gives 10% off to spyderlovers members. It seems expensive, but if you price a system like "Black + Gray" and add all the tie downs and it's quick release system, it isn't that much cheaper and the Superclamp system has taller sides to keep the Spyder from moving from side to side. You also don't have to run any straps thru your wheels and take a chance of wrecking the paint or chrome job. If you decide to buy the system, once you receive it you'll understand why it costs a little more. It's built very stout

Gerry...
    Thanks Gerry just what I wanting to hear!!! Gerry do mind posting some pictures? The floor on your trailer, is it wood or metal?
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

I have the SuperClamp installed on my enclosed trailer. I love this system just drive up on ramps and 2 tiedowns. I have used them about 6 times so far and no movement of the spyder. They are pricey but they are worth the investment to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki2cu View Post
    I have the SuperClamp installed on my enclosed trailer. I love this system just drive up on ramps and 2 tiedowns. I have used them about 6 times so far and no movement of the spyder. They are pricey but they are worth the investment to me.

Thanks rifiki2cu. If the system works, then it's worth spending a little extra.

arntufun

I'm PM'ing you with a truthful opinion on this out of respect for Lamont.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Gerry just what I wanting to hear!!! Gerry do mind posting some pictures? The floor on your trailer, is it wood or metal?
    The floor is 3/4" plywood and its an enclosed trailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post

I'm a little confused here, are we not able to give a truthful opinion on this forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki2cu View Post
    I'm a little confused here, are we not able to give a truthful opinion on this forum?
    Yes you can. As long as it conforms to forum rules.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SuperClamp

Ralph
    Hi Ralph,

I purchased the Spyder SuperClamp and I'm happy with the product. The quality is solid and they work as advertised. It comes with everything required (including straps). I mounted them on an aluminum trailer. The instructions are clear and straight forward. I've uploaded a couple of basic photos of the setup. I do not have a photo with the Spyder on the trailer, but will post one for you when I take the trailer out from storage.

There are several alternatives that also work and cost less; however, I liked the product.

Good luck with your decision.

Regards,
    Stanley

SuperClamp1.jpgSuperClamp2.jpgSuperClamp3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default product info

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    This has me rather concerned, I come here for good accurate feedback on a product and only the apparent positive feedback gets posted. Please explain this. Because if the rules are no negative feedback unless Lamont thinks you should I will be happy to leave this site...
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please don't read a lot into Randy's choice to not post it in the open forum...
    Quite simply; he certainly could have, and his opinion would have been welcomed.
    He just chose not to...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Whats the deal here?

I normally don't log on but this one got my goat. I have them and have installed in two different toy haulers. Great product! I've done
    both, Strap tie downs and have to stop every now and then to tighten bike down. With these Superclamps bike is always right where
    I put it and straps remain tight. If there's a negative comment you should put it out there. We'd like to hear about it. Oh well, logging back off now.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    I normally don't log on but this one got my goat. I have them and have installed in two different toy haulers. Great product! I've done
    both, Strap tie downs and have to stop every now and then to tighten bike down. With these Superclamps bike is always right where
    I put it and straps remain tight. If there's a negative comment you should put it out there. We'd like to hear about it. Oh well, logging back off now.
    THANK YOUfor your honest open OPINION
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Personally, I never have found regular ole' ratchet straps to be all that difficult to use, are inexpensive, and quite reliable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mob133 View Post
    This has me rather concerned, I come here for good accurate feedback on a product and only the apparent positive feedback gets posted. Please explain this. Because if the rules are no negative feedback unless Lamont thinks you should I will be happy to leave this site...
    Agree
    2013 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Please don't read a lot into Randy's choice to not post it in the open forum...
    Quite simply; he certainly could have, and his opinion would have been welcomed.
    He just chose not to...

, not sure why Randy choose not to speak his mind, opinions good or bad, as long as they are respectful are always welcome on this site, and personal experiences are even more welcome.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

canam306

Lightbulb Can-Am Spyder - Trailering - Tie Down System

Ralph
    =======================

RE: Can-Am Spyder - Trailering - Tie Down System

I will post this YouTube Video Link for the Can-Am Spyder Tie Down System link from http://www.SuperClamp.net 403-203-2210 on Can-Am Spyder Forums.

I am buying a custom-built enclosed trailer from Cross Trailers in Elkhart to pull my Can-Am RT behind my Class B Motorhome. .

If you are in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin checkout our Three-Wheeler facebook page - http://www.fb.com/3wlmc - 3-Wheelers of Lake and McHenry County.

Awfully expensive at almost $600. If it gets down to below $300, I would strongly consider it. Hope to hear comments from others who have used it in an enclosed trailer.

BTW - If you are shopping for an enclosed cargo trailer to haul your Can-Am Spyder, be sure to look at units over 7 feet wide - as the 6 foot trailer standard openings make it nearly impossible to load and unload. God forbid the bike slides while trailering, it would be virtually impossible to line it up to exit the trailer if there is less that 4 inches side clearance with the ramp door opening.

Height is also an issue. I see some 81" - "83" overall height trailers advertised as being "Garageable" (standard garage doors are 7 foot = 84" tall) tall, but the interior height has to be at least 66" (six inches lower than industry-standard)- with a ramp door frame opening height AT A VERY MINIMUM at least 64" from the floor - to allow a rider to drive the Can-Am up onto the trailer with the windshield in the full upright position.

Hope this helps!

Jim Bannon
    815-759-1314
    CanAm306
    McHenry, IL