Spyder Garage

Default Did anyone else let BRP do the transmission Calibration test in Fl

I did it on Tuesday at Ridenow Powersports in Ocala. But I was asked not to say anything for two days so I wouldn't influence anyones input. Till they finished the test in Kissimmee. I had put my RT in for repair for light lens and hard starting. Renaud from BRP came to Ocala for me being my RT was in the shop and I couldn't make it to Central FL Powersports in Kissimmee. To make a long story short, they plugged into My RT and uploaded the new software on it. Then I went out and rode tested it. All I can say is I thought I was on a RS. The main thing that I noticed around 3000 RPM in fifth gear they told me to give it thottle, I did and the best way I can explain it is, it feels like when you hit passing gear in your car. Just hang on. what a thrill. I was wanting them to leave the software in, they just laugh and unpluged it. DARN! I beleive once they finish testing it, That is I'm guessing it will be standard in the 2013. Anyone else that did this test Chime in here and let me know what you think.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

They did mine today in Kissimmee. Yes it is awesome update. The SE5 actually downshifts automatically if you twist the throttle below 3K RPMs. And I too was turned down with plead to leave it in. lol

Spyder Garage

Wow guys that really sounds exciting.. Now we just have to wait and wonder how long til the upload becomes a standard update for all SE5s.. Sure is something to look forward to...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDen View Post
    They did mine today in Kissimmee. Yes it is awesome update. The SE5 actually downshifts automatically if you twist the throttle below 3K RPMs. And I too was turned down with plead to leave it in. lol
    My 2008 SE5 shifted the same way without the update! It's just a matter of learning how the SE5 transmission works best. I always shut the throttle off completely when coming to a stop and it flawlessly down-shifted at 2500rpm for the whole 43,000 miles I had it. Not rocket science here.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    My 2008 SE5 shifted the same way without the update! It's just a matter of learning how the SE5 transmission works best. I always shut the throttle off completely when coming to a stop and it flawlessly down-shifted at 2500rpm for the whole 43,000 miles I had it. Not rocket science here.
    Rocket Science. we are talking about a RT that has several hundred pounds more then your RS has. But with this update you get the same feeling you do with a RS for pick up. I know my wife has the RS 2011. and I have rode it. and can't aford to ride anymore if I want to keep my CDL. When they hooked up the software to my RT which I have 26,000 miles on it, I have never had the pick up like this before. Until you get to try it don't knock it. Just my 2 cents worth.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    I did it on Tuesday at Ridenow Powersports in Ocala. But I was asked not to say anything for two days so I wouldn't influence anyones input. Till they finished the test in Kissimmee. I had put my RT in for repair for light lens and hard starting. Renaud from BRP came to Ocala for me being my RT was in the shop and I couldn't make it to Central FL Powersports in Kissimmee. To make a long story short, they plugged into My RT and uploaded the new software on it. Then I went out and rode tested it. All I can say is I thought I was on a RS. The main thing that I noticed around 3000 RPM in fifth gear they told me to give it thottle, I did and the best way I can explain it is, it feels like when you hit passing gear in your car. Just hang on. what a thrill. I was wanting them to leave the software in, they just laugh and unpluged it. DARN! I beleive once they finish testing it, That is I'm guessing it will be standard in the 2013. Anyone else that did this test Chime in here and let me know what you think.
    Thats great news, I hope the SE5 software update is an upgrade for all Rt models not just the new 2013 models.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    We are not talking down shifting when slowing, the new software downshifts when you punch it to accelerate.

Spyder Garage

Well, my redo. I would have understood it a lot better had it been posted as such.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    It would have been nice for them to leave software hooked up to see if the computer would accept it for a long time without any limp modes or other problems. Sure does sound exciting and I like your comment about keeping your cdl

Spyder Garage

Sownds awesome! I am bummed we were supposed to test this at Lamonts on Monday but it got canceled. Can't wait to try it myself.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Wow guys that really sounds exciting.. Now we just have to wait and wonder how long til the upload becomes a standard update for all SE5s.. Sure is something to look forward to...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I was looking forward to it (Testing at Lamonster') but was not worth taking a day off from work, driving 80-90 miles for them to download the software let me drive it and then restore it to default....NOW, had they left it in for a real world test (several months) looking for any real flaws in the code and any unforeseen bugs...Now that would have been worth testing...

Oh well sounds like the tease was good just not a thorough test IMO....
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joe schmoe View Post
    Yeah, I was looking forward to it (Testing at Lamonster') but was not worth taking a day off from work, driving 80-90 miles for them to download the software let me drive it and then restore it to default....NOW, had they left it in for a real world test (several months) looking for any real flaws in the code and any unforeseen bugs...Now that would have been worth testing...

Oh well sounds like the tease was good just not a thorough test IMO....
    I understand your situation and I don't blame you for backing out after I found out that we couldn't keep the mod in. I was very disappointed too but none of us found out till the last minute that was going to be the deal.

The other thing we had against us was the weather. I think it was best that they did the testing in FL and it sounds like it was worth the trip to these guys. The reason they couldn't leave it in was because it hadn't been through all the steps to be able to release it to the public and if there was a problem your dealer couldn't remove it and put back in the old program because this was installed with a upper level of the B.U.D.S. software.

Chances are this will be in all the 2013 RT's and will be available for past RT SE's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I understand your situation and I don't blame you for backing out after I found out that we couldn't keep the mod in. I was very disappointed too but none of us found out till the last minute that was going to be the deal.

The other thing we had against us was the weather. I think it was best that they did the testing in FL and it sounds like it was worth the trip to these guys. The reason they couldn't leave it in was because it hadn't been through all the steps to be able to release it to the public and if there was a problem your dealer couldn't remove it and put back in the old program because this was installed with a upper level of the B.U.D.S. software.

Chances are this will be in all the 2013 RT's and will be available for past RT SE's.
    Oh, that makes a lot of sense...If the dealer couldn't back it out that would be bad, if some other anomaly did show up....Thank you for the opportunity even though it didn't work out...

Yeah those Florida people and there weather this time of year. Sometimes, wish we had 70 degree weather in January...

Oh wait that is this coming Sunday!!

Going ryding if I can get the wifey to brave such COLD temperatures!!
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Spyder Garage

too cold here to test anything - do you think its only for the gearbox or did they also something on the engine ?? -
    made this clip last year to find out on what RPMs I ryde on a "normal" trip with a biker
    so till 100Kmh = 60 Mls I use the 3. gear - on the 4. 5. gear she looses the power and I switch back to the 3. ... you think this will be made automatic with this update ???
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    made this clip last year to find out on what RPMs I ryde on a "normal" trip with a biker
    so till 100Kmh = 60 Mls I use the 3. gear - on the 4. 5. gear she looses the power and I switch back to the 3. ... you think this will be made automatic with this update ???
    Try to avoid lugging the engine The fuel display is triple O, did you swith to digital?

Much better, the Rotax like it!

2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Try to avoid lugging the engine The fuel display is triple O, did you swith to digital?

Much better, the Rotax like it!

on the right side you see the 12V plug for my GPS .. so I had to plug off also the fluid-meter ..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats