Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I'm riding everyday. I found some great thermals by Under Armor, 3.0 Base layer. As a brother you know we hate cold, but I'm riding like a man possessed. :People in town think I'm crazy, but I'm having the time of my life.All I can say is " RIDE ON "
    Me & My Babycakes

Spyder Garage

Yup, ride to work almost everyday. This morning was 34 deg. This afternoon was 69deg.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    haven't ridden for three weeks, longest stretch since i bought it in july, by far. promising weather for next week, we'll see
    Get some cold weather gear, and keep on riding
    Me & My Babycakes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Seth, everyone always complains about salt. Have you noticed any effects from salt on your Spyder ???
    not that I am aware of , you should wash it or ride in the rain after riding all winter but it has not had parts fall off or anything. I am sure it harder on it than not riding it but that's what I do, test things.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Still riding here in Houston.

Spyder Garage

Ryding everyday, including through the winter here, I've noticed the sand and salt on the roads in these parts get into the smallest of places and wear things quicker. Even with my religion weekly wash down and rust-check application I've had parts wear quicker - rear sprocket and belt, brake pedal pivot, front A-Arm (lower) bushings and some secondary bolts that I've replaced, parking brake cable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
    Ryding everyday, including through the winter here, I've noticed the sand and salt on the roads in these parts get into the smallest of places and wear things quicker. Even with my religion weekly wash down and rust-check application I've had parts wear quicker - rear sprocket and belt, brake pedal pivot, front A-Arm (lower) bushings and some secondary bolts that I've replaced, parking brake cable.

To add..., the extra time for cleaning, care and replacement of parts year-round riding takes involves, it is still worth it . imho.

Spyder Garage

Default Temp 35 and up

Rode about 80 miles yesterday with the temps from 35-44 degrees. Figured the wind chill was about 16 degrees at 70 mph, but stayed warm with heated gear. Did not see any other bikes out though.

Spyder Garage

I have been ryding almost every day since I got the RT-S on July 30, 2011, only snow, ice or rain will stop me from ryding. So far we only had rain here at the Jersey Shore. It has been very cold in the morning and evening comutes to and from work this past week, but a couple of layers of clothing has worked well so far (Waiting on a thermo suit to arrive).

Spyder Garage

Twelve degrees this morning, but no snow, so off I went to get a new tire on the rear. Still love to ride this thing in the winter. I know there's salt on the road, but last time I checked, washing still gets it off.
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by groundeffect View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of wear! How many miles do you have on your Spyder? I have a little over 16,000, am riding my second winter, and haven't had anything replaced except for the rear tire. Had it serviced this morning, and every thing still looks nominal. When can I expect to need another sprocket?
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.