Spyder Garage

Default Teardrop Cargo Trailer

Hi All,
    We have been pulling a "Dart" cargo trailer made by "Timeout". I picked it up used a few years back, (1994 model) and have been satisfied with it but really wanted something with a little more room.
    I've also been toying with the idea of building my own, lightweight teardrop camper to pull behind the Spyder so I decided to do a dry run so to speak and address my cargo trailer want's and also get the feel for what it would be like building a teardrop camper.
    It is about 90% complete. I stripped the old cargo trailer down and used the frame for my new one. I'm having an aluminum box custom made for the front of the trailer that will house a boat fuel tank to extend our range. I hope to have it on the trailer by end of next week. I also need to do a little water proofing and come up with a lighter bumper for it and I'm going to call it done.
    As for building the teardrop camper. Probobly will.........thinking about building the frame out of 2X2 aluminum tubing for weight savings.............I'm still in the planning stage, a lot to concider, tongue weight, overall weight, wind resistance......
    Any idea's, thoughts or opinions would be welcome...

Steve and Heidi

IMG_6816.jpgIMG_6815.jpgIMG_6814.jpgIMG_6817.jpgtimeouttrailer.jpg

Spyder Garage

Hey Steve, good looking trailer you built there. If you are looking for waterproofing there is that spray on rubber that is advertised on TV. I picked up a can of it and it does work.

Be Safe
    AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

People on this forum are really talented. Lookin' Good!!!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

you made a very nice job of your teardrop here is the one I built about 8 years ago must have 30000 km on it but not as big as yours trailer.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Water Proofing as seen on TV

I too purchased two cans of TV advertised Flex Seal at my local Ace Hardware store for somewhere around $14 per can. You can buy spray undercoating at your local auto parts store for less than half that price. As I was walking out of Ace, a guy that worked in their paint department told me that I could save a lot of $$ by going to Auto Zone. So, I ended up with both products and they are the same.... Just FYI... Len
    Another Very Happy Owner X 2 ...
    "The Only Thing That Need Happen For Evil To Prevail Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"

Spyder Garage

For all my trailers I have used 1x2 metal that I got from local honda dealer that make up the crates thar their atvs come in.The metal is light weight and strong.Have made about 7or8 trailers out of this and had no failures.Another bonus it was free

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Nice job Steve.

Looks like you doubled your space.
    Interested in seeing the camper!