Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: insurance

Spyder Garage

Default Just for your info re: Jevco ins.

I got a notice in the mail that Intact Insurance is taking over the Jevco insurance but will not change the name for a while. Don't know how it will affect the rates or IF it will............

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Insurance

I found a full coverage policy with Nationwide for about $375/yr No medical payments since I have BCBS and Medicare. Also a $500 deductable.

I also recently received a quote from Foremost (AARP) for about 3 dollars cheaper than my current policy.

Spyder Garage

Angry Getting hosed for insurance

I just got off the phone with our Insurance broker and he said that Intact/Jevco wants $1660 to insure my wife's (Spidergirl) Spyder. Talk about highway robbery. I guess Intact has upped the rates since they bought Jevco. When she looked at insurance last year Jevco gave her a price of $1300. I have looked at others but they won't take her on because she is just getting her license or the price is more (Primmum). I guess we will have to grin and bear it until she gets some experience.

Spyder Garage

Wow! I don't think I will be moving to Canada any time soon. Mine is about $59 per month for each and is full coverage.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy10 View Post
    what does the average spyder owner pay for insurance here in canada (ontario) is killing me .
    There is no such thing as an average Spyder owner!
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default no options

$836 for April 1 to October 31. This includes registration and insurance. An additional $150 a year to cover the months the bike is not on the road. This is for $100 deductible and million dollars liability. This includes a 15% good driver discount. In my Province it doesn't matter how old you are or how long you have been driving. Comes down to safety rating discount for years of incident free driving. 15 % being the maximum discount. We can't shop around. The Provincial Govt has the monopoly.

Spyder Garage

Default Jevco Insurance

Has anyone had problems getting their Spyder insurance renewed since Jevco was bought out by Intact Insurance Company?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Has anyone had problems getting their Spyder insurance renewed since Jevco was bought out by Intact Insurance Company?
    My broker delivered in person my new proof of insurance slip from Intact. They could not process the paperwork and mail it to me in time. She said that week after week the renewals are getting later from Intact.
    I would recommend anyone with Jevco Insurance with a renewal coming up soon, check your slip expiry date.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    My broker delivered in person my new proof of insurance slip from Intact. They could not process the paperwork and mail it to me in time. She said that week after week the renewals are getting later from Intact.
    I would recommend anyone with Jevco Insurance with a renewal coming up soon, check your slip expiry date.
    Thanks for the heads up. I was informed last Saturday that my RT would be available for pickup on Friday. I phoned my insurance broker on Monday and asked that my Suzuki VStrom be removed from the policy and the Spyder be added. Figured that a full business week would be more than adequate time to facilitate the swap. Talked to my broker late this afternoon (Wednesday) and they still had not heard back from Intact. Given that I am doing a license plate transfer from the Strom to the Spyder at the dealership on Friday I will need to produce "proof of insurance". If Intact doesn't do its thing soon I may have to delay delivery of the Spyder . So billybovine is correct; if you are dealing with Intact you should leave yourself extra time because they sure don't perform like Jevco. With Jevco I never waited longer than a couple of days for an answer. Usually the same day. I guess it is getting to be the way of the world, pay more and end up with less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy10 View Post
    what does the average spyder owner pay for insurance here in canada (ontario) is killing me .

Im 53 paying 52.00 a month with Allstate

Spyder Garage

Default Intact

I paid for the insurance for my wife's Spyder on April 1 and I still have not received the insurance slip. I only have the temporary one and it runs out in a couple of weeks. Never had such slow service from any other insurance company.

Spyder Garage

NOTHING cause its not required in Florida....

but I do have insurance and pay around $500.00
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Not me: My policy expires May 30th and i received my renewal last week with a $100.00 drop on my rates Maybe call your broker?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteve View Post
    Not me: My policy expires May 30th and i received my renewal last week with a $100.00 drop on my rates Maybe call your broker?
    Mine dropped too!!! By a dollar! Not enough to buy a coffee, but better then going up.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

In the last 4 yrs. my Spyder insurance has dropped every year, but my car insurance has gone up

Spyder Garage

$1400.00 full year on RT-S 500.00 deductible, new rider M1 rate with promise to complete M2 level with a course by end of May. Rate to drop after M-M is obtained. No tickets or accidents with 39 years of driving. Broker Stabler, Kitchener Ontario Northbridge insurance coverage. They asked for a copy of the sales bill too. They have my 2 cars, house, and ski boat as well.

Spyder Garage

Default Insurance Rates

For the Ontario Spyder Ryders you might want to get a quote from Dalton Timmis out of Burlington. They are a broker & currently use Aviva. 1-888-385-8466.
    On the Shores of Georgian Bay !
    Make Someone Smile Today !

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Full coverage with replacement bike with Allstate 37.70 a month, 54 yrs. Old license for over 30 yrs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile I ain't complaining

432.00 per year for 2012 rt-s and a 2005 honda cbr6004fi. allstate 300/300/100 500.00 full coverage deductible 5000 medical un and under insured too
    Last edited by micnugent; 10-09-2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: added info

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Insurance Costs

Hey there! Would anyone like to help update this thread? My insurance is due in July and would like to see what others are paying around Ontario for their Spyders. Last year I paid $1168.00 for my 2010 RTS-S. Clean slate as far as accidents or tickets. Currently with Intact.

Thanks to any and all that respond!

Spyder Garage

Default Ontario Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Windsortenor View Post
    Hey there! Would anyone like to help update this thread? My insurance is due in July and would like to see what others are paying around Ontario for their Spyders. Last year I paid $1168.00 for my 2010 RTS-S. Clean slate as far as accidents or tickets. Currently with Intact.

Thanks to any and all that respond!
    Been riding here in southern Ontario since 1965. Paying about $1000.00 for my 2013 Rt. Ltd. full coverage. Intact wants a bit more to insure my 1994 Vmax that's worth a fraction of the cost. We have our house, two other vehicles and our business insurance with them. I think the cost depends partly on where you live and the accidents and insurance claims for your area. People in downtown Toronto would probably pay different rates than me driving in rural Ontario. Sucks to see what we pay here in Ontario for insurance but if you want to drive you have no choice. Sucks worst when you own two bikes and you can only drive one at a time but have to pay in full for both bikes for 12 months of the year.
    2013 RT Ltd. Black Currant, SpyderPops Bump Skid & Belt Guard, Bajarons Sway Bar & Heim Joints, BRP. Trailer Hitch, Trailer Hitch Luggage Carrier, Cat By-Pass, Wrapped pipes, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake light & Dual Brightsides, F4 Customs Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy seat & back rest, Rivco Armrests, LED mirror lights, Lidlox Helmet locks, Elka Stage 2 Frt. Shocks., Clearwater "Darla" LED driving lights, Tricled LED headlights & fog lights, Tricled fender LED lights.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

speaking of insurance........i have all state & just signed up for the m/c road hazard insurance which covers towing &
    tire/wheel replacement if damaged and they also help if i am locked out. wish i could count the number of times i have
    locked my keys in the bike & couldn't get to it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Willo View Post
    Today I got a 12 month quote from Geico, not my favorite company, and their quote for a 2011 Spyder RT and a 2008 Harley Heritage Softail was $416.34 total for both bikes. Coverage is $250K/500K Bodily injury, $100K Property damage, comp. and coll. $1000 deductable, towing, Optionall bike coverage of $2000.00. To compensate for no Uninsured motorist I purchace stacked coverage on my auto policy. Seems like a great rate, what say Y'all?
    I have GEICO my 2014RTS-SE6 and my 12 month premium is :$489.00, with full coverage. Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 06-20-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default My wife's insurance went down a little

Last year she paid $1047 for her STL. This year it was $957. When I looked at the policy, it was $600 just for the accident benefits alone. PLPD, Comprehensive and Colission made up for the other $357. We are really getting hosed here in Ontario.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default insurance

359 per year, full coverage, of course only get get ride for a couple weeks with the CRAZY CANADIAN ALBERT WEATHER, all is good.