Thread: Adding ear buds

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Adding ear buds

I have a 2010 RT AE, I would like to find a way to install a jack for my ear buds. I do not have any kind of communications nor do I need any on the spyder I would just like to use my ear buds with the existing radio. I do not have rear speakers and thought maybe the wires for them would be the place to tie in. Has anyone done this, what is the easiest leat expensive way to add my ear buds.

Thanks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Lamond posted a link to a terrific earbuds just a while ago......I ordered a couple of them to work with on our Sena's.

Spyder Garage

The speaker wires are there for the rear speakers, but if you want to turn the sound off to the speakers in the settings on the RT and only have music in the earbuds, this may be a challenge.

You could add a switch to your front speakers and tie the 3.5m socket to the radio side of the switch.

I have not done this because I use the SENA bluetooth headset, so I am not sure how it will work. Just an idea. One day, I will put an output from the speakers to bluetooth transmitter

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We've got the dual Sena's to communicate with each other...bluetooth hookup for the gps, i-touch, phone, mp3's....works well once you set the bluetooth priorities..

Spyder Garage

You might want to check J&M's website and see if they have a cable connector/adaptor which would allow you to plug your earbuds jack into.

Spyder Garage

How do you set the priorities on the SENA? Since I updated my iphone to 0S5, the phone does not let the GPS give directions if I am listening to musin on the Iphone...

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    We've got the dual Sena's to communicate with each other...bluetooth hookup for the gps, i-touch, phone, mp3's....works well once you set the bluetooth priorities..
    If you are looking for earbuds, Lamonster posted about the Wicked Little Buds found at Pepboys. They are under $10. Just FYI.

Spyder Garage

Default Ear Buds

2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Was asked about Sena's bluetooth priorities....Here's the info from thier documentation...

SMH10 is programmed to manage various connection types in a very specific order. Below is SMH10's function priority list.
    • HSP/HFP (Phone or GPS audio guidance**)
    • Intercom (Communication between SMH10s)
    • Stereo music by audio cable through MP3 jack of the SMH10
    • A2DP (wireless stereo music)
    Higher priority function will always interrupt active lower priority function. However, upon termination of higher priority function, SMH10 will automatically return to previously active lower priority function.
    **Typically, set up involving motorcycle GPS navigation system, phone will be connected to GPS; thus, GPS will regulate priority of phone and navigation audio. Most of GPS navigation systems put phone as higher priority function than guidance of GPS navigation audio.

Spyder Garage

Same here...but I use the Scala rider g9x...I installed a powered usb cell phone holder using isci mounts that are designed for the RS-SE5. I use the ear buds connected to the scala radio on the helmet. I know you were looking for something cheaper but I feel so much safer knowing that I can get help if needed plus it makes riding a lot more fun. I will take pictures of just the mount if that's all you need. Then you can use your iPhone with the ear buds only if that's all you want. Just ask and I will post the information you need to purchase it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spyder Garage

I have not done this myself,I use the Sena Bluetooth.However in thinking about this I think the easiest way would be to access the front speakers. Then tap into those wires run a connector to a DPDT switch so you can route the sound to your ear buds or your speakers. If you tap into the rear speakers and then turn the speakers off or down you will also loose your ear buds. By putting a routing switch the ear buds become the speaker and you can then control the volume from your handle switch.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by memphisdan View Post
    I have a 2010 RT AE, I would like to find a way to install a jack for my ear buds. I do not have any kind of communications nor do I need any on the spyder I would just like to use my ear buds with the existing radio. I do not have rear speakers and thought maybe the wires for them would be the place to tie in. Has anyone done this, what is the easiest leat expensive way to add my ear buds.

Thanks
    Since you Do Not need it for Communications Just Velcro a MP3 or Ipod to the dash area and Plug in your Scull Candy Ear Buds.
    I do this on both Spyders- MP3 and Earbuds on Medium so you still hear Some Engine and Some wind BUT not much of either Except your Music!!!!

If your Blaring Music thru 4 Speakers and Putting up with Engine and Wind Noise at the same time you better SAVE UP for a Hearing Aid soon!!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!