Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New SpyderLovers Sponsor- Rent-A-Spyder

Welcome George from Rent-A-Spyder

Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard George Glad to see SPYDER's being rented. Hope you get some takers for Durango Owners event

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Rent a spyder

Welcome!!! I looked for a place to rent a spyder before I bought mine. Couldn't find one so bit the bullet and bought one anyway.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome!!

Now open something in D.C. and Miami!
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...and don't forget New Yawk!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Maui, Hawaii...yep rental available

Headed to Maui in Feb. and have already rented a Spyder for a day (or two)...it's an RS so will be a fun fun ride....having never been on one...looking forward to the ryde...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Rent a Spyder. Wish we could have rented in Vegas.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Murphy Brown: Maui is my favorite Island. Where did you find the rental? I tried to rent them the last two times I was there--no luck.

Make sure you ride the Hana Hwy.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Welcome - really hope Spyder rentals catch on all across the country. I see that they now offer vacation rental tours on Spyders in New Zealand.
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome George,

You have joined a great group of people and Sponsors here in SpyderLovers. Maybe you should consider setting up stores countrywide. I'm very optimistic about 2012.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

Not much info there on who and where they are. The phone no is Colo and they list CO and AZ but I couldn't find any actual locations with a quick look. Hope they get that cleaned up soon.

Spyder Garage

Default Maui, Hawaii...yep rental available

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Murphy Brown: Maui is my favorite Island. Where did you find the rental? I tried to rent them the last two times I was there--no luck.

Make sure you ride the Hana Hwy.
    Bruddah Ed's on So Kihei Rd....oh yea Hana Hwy definitely will do....
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Spyder Garage

Welcome George, you have joined some great sponsers and members here, an excellent place to promote a service like this. Thanks for supporting Spyderlovers, you should do well here.
    Last edited by capt.jim; 12-30-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

I hope Dol sees this!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

. Glad to see there are rentals now. My wife and I were in New Braunfels tx on the spyder, and I local guy that rents bikes followed us in to a gas station to ask questions. I think it is a great idea...

Spyder Garage

Default AZ/CO and WOW Motorcycles of Marietta, GA.

Congratulations to George and Rent a Spyder. Think that's a great idea.

WOW in Marietta, GA
    They are now a licensee or whatever of Eagle Rentals. They do have a few Syders and they are the most expensive bikes they have, other than ?# of Goldwing Trike(s.) They claim to be the country's biggest resale outfit. Something like 600 bikes most of the time in this one location.

Tuck

Spyder Garage

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes!

Here's my intro... I hope you enjoy.

I've been on Lamont's forums since late '99 starting with the Valkyrie board,when my wife and I got back into motorcycling (she bought me an Interstate Valk for my 40th birthday). Then I had to get a VTX when everyone started talking about them, then I just had to have an 1800 Wing.... and so on and so on! I guess I'm really lucky I have a very understanding better-half, but then again... she started it.

In 2002 I became certified as an MSF Instructor and wanted almost every bike I'd see and needed a way to pay for them, so we started a hobby business of renting them.

Well, my wife started riding too and was doing really well on a vtx 1300 (and WOW she could ride, but after a couple of years, somehow she spooked herself and decided that she was content to be a passenger. No problem, no pressure, I told her..... then POW - the Spyder was introduced and we were in the waiting line for 2 RS's. In April of '08 we added two RSs (one yellow and one silver)to the barn and to the rental fleet!!!!! I thought, wow people will really want to rent these!!! It was a slow start for a while, as really didn't promote as much as we could have and when the RTs came out, I thought these are really going to take-off too, but in this economy and the starting price, I wasn't prepared to jump in on the first year models... I thought let them work a few of the bugs out. That whole time, I never even thought we could be a board sponsor here and was pretty quiet about the rentals.

2011 - More time freeing up due to job situations (yeah - let's say it that way) lead to the decision to sell the RSs and get an RT (with all the advertising Can Am started doing I thought Wow this gotta work)... reluctantly,wife says "you know I'll support whatever you decide". Well that lead to a couple more RTs as the bookings were rising!!! I'd say we had a successful summer, but what about winter???? That's when AZ came into play. I lived there for a couple of years (learned to ride there in an MSF class in '79 first year of college - whole nuther story). Anyway, with the help of some friends in the Phoenix area, we are underway and ready for rentals in the Scottsdale, Mesa and Chandler area.

3whlLefty posed some great questions:

Who we are - My wife (Andrea); me (George); my friends (Steve and Jan in AZ)

Actual locations - Our Home is listed as our business address, but we co-locate with other businesses for pick-ups and drops, make deliveries to hotels and residences). Yes, a non-traditional business model. Our goal is to meet the needs of the customer. We did have a store-front on the south side of Denver for a while, but the overhead was killing us and most rentals wanted our delivery/pick-up service anyway. I've learned that every customer is a little different and we have even gone as far as delivering half way across the state (really, really nice place in the Vail area.... the customer also rented a jeep, an ATV and a side-by-side for the party he was throwing).

As far as getting cleaned up.... we are not a franchise and don't have deep pockets for fancy web sites, but we will always accept friendly and positive criticism.

Right now we are renting in Colorado (only 1 left for tomorrow - it's going to be in the 50's) really nice for the last day of the year in Colorado. And the first rental in AZ will be available on Monday, when our AZ insurance goes into effect. The biggest obstacle we find for our customers, who are looking at a Spyder to purchase and want to try or even just want to rent, is that a Motorcycle or 3-wheeler classification/endorsement is required on the DL.

As far as other cities, there are a couple others that I know of on the west coast, Vegas and in TN renting... and I'd be happy to help you find them, if need be. If anyone wants to partner with us somewhere... give us a jingle,we'll talk.

I think we've been able to serve a lot of people in the decision process of making the call on "to buy... or not to buy" and have also helped a number of people enjoy a day, a weekend or a week or more... who are not in the position to purchase. So, if you decide to refer someone or want to rent in Colorado or Arizona.... please rest assured that we will do our best to take care of you and them.

Right now (off-season in Colorado and introductory in Arizona - a Spyder can be rented for as low as $95 per day!!!)

This is getting long and I have to get going for now... but I'll be happy to answer any of your questions here, through our site or feel free to call if you ever want to chat!

Thanks for well wishes and warm welcome... please let us know if we can be of service to you or your friends.

G
    Last edited by GnA; 12-30-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typos

Spyder Garage

Welcome George,

May you have great success....

AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Good luck on your venture.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Headed to Maui in Feb. and have already rented a Spyder for a day (or two)...it's an RS so will be a fun fun ride....having never been on one...looking forward to the ryde...
    how much per day?????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck George.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hecoon View Post
    how much per day?????
    $125 for 24 hrs...less if multiple days...unlimited mileage...
    My Motto Is:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the new sponsor. It's great to see reasonable prices for Spyder rentals in CO and HI. I was in Boulder for three weeks last summer, and I wasn't able to bring my Spyder. I found a company that had a Spyder to rent, but the price was so ridiculously high that I couldn't bring myself to do it. The roads around Boulder and Rocky Mountain National Park are incredible. If I'm (hopefully)back in CO this summer, I'll definitely contact our new sponsor.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for updating the site about how you are operating your business. Sounds like customer oriented service. I may be a candidate in the next year or so. I did not want to make the week long ride down the Alcan Highway so I could then go back to the lower 48 and tour some of the SW. Time just does not permit me to get away for much more than a week. Flying in, picking up a or two--and going touring sounds like a great deal.

Good luck in your business. You are providing a good service.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder

welcome welcome welcome!!!! Glad to have you aboard!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl