Spyder Garage

Default Just recieved my new auto tune.

Can anyone recommend the best place to weld in the new bung. 2011 Rss. I was thinking opposite side of the existing bung. The original one faces forward. Weld the new one facing towards the back.Do you think this will work. Why dont they just make them the same size? If I take the lower part of the header off, is this where the honda gaskets come in to play.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Which product is it? Where does the manufacturer suggest placing the bung? Most wide band systems place the sensor fairly close to the head to minimize fresh air reversion from contaminating the readings. Is it a single or dual sensor setup? Will placing the bung and sensor in the collector skew the readings because it's sampling both cylinders?
    Oh, now, why did you have to go and ask so many pertinent questions? You're going to give the poor guy a headache!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I did a lot of research before doing my RT. As a general rule they do recommend installing on the opposite side of the OEM o2 sensor. The Autotune for the Spyder only comes with one wide band o2 sensor and it is OK to have it reading only one cylinder (according to Dynojet). With that being said they also recomend as a general rule putting the sensor just after the collector point of the pipes as long as it is not so far back that it gets any fresh air from the tail pipe. I know I have the RT but I made a custom collector to replace the cat and put my o2 sensor where the pipes come together and mine works like a dream. Just went and measured mine and it is 2'-7" from the end of the tail pipe. If you think about it, if you take your bike to a dyno they usually do not get their sniffer in that far. Good luck.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

Thank you striper king for your response. I found out the hard way tonight that the new o/2 sencer will fit in the same hole as the stock one. Unfortunatly I took every thing off so I could weld the new bung in and discovered I can just take out the stock one and scew in the new one. I now have every thing mounted and ready to take to the shop so he can do the computer crap. I hope this thing will get this motor running like I think it should.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
    Thank you striper king for your response. I found out the hard way tonight that the new o/2 sencer will fit in the same hole as the stock one. Unfortunatly I took every thing off so I could weld the new bung in and discovered I can just take out the stock one and scew in the new one. I now have every thing mounted and ready to take to the shop so he can do the computer crap. I hope this thing will get this motor running like I think it should.
    Not sure about what you have but mine required me to use the stock o2 sensors as well for the closed loop part of the map and the o2 optimizer hooked in to the stock o2 wiring. If you have the o2 optimizer you will need to leave your stock o2 sensors in place.

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Spyder Garage

The instructions said if it would fit in the stock 0/2 hole to use it. I will call fuel moto next week and ask. I got the auto tune #200 I sure hope I dont have to take every thing back off. I am in a wheelchair and it takes a long time. Thanks again