Thread: RT speakers

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT speakers

For this gentleman who posted a video of "how to" install the rear speakers on the RT.
    Really easy and what a difference it made! The best thing is, I only removed the sides without having to remove the whole thing. Even the antenna was not removed.
    From beginning to end: 15 minutes.
    Amazon has the best price on the polks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thoughts???

[QUOTE=hspyder;400921] For this gentleman who posted a video of "how to" install the rear speakers on the RT.
    Really easy and what a difference it made! The best thing is, I only removed the sides without having to remove the whole thing. Even the antenna was not removed.

So whats your opinion on the new speakers?

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Congrats and yes, how do you like them?

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RT Speakers

As anyone gone for the Fairing Speaker upgrade kit for Can-Am Spyders from Custom Dynamics

See Link : -http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...o_speakers.htm

I am considering going for the set Front and Back but did not want to order during the Christmas & New Year postal
    rush (They have to be shipped to the UK)

I am currently awaiting a set of Elka Shocks which left the USA on 15th Dec and have yet to arrive
    (Hoping these have not gone astray)

If anyone has purchased a set or will receive a set for Christmas and once fitted them it would be helpful if a report
    on them was posted - Just to check against the claims by the J&M Corporation - They do seem to have a good track record for Motorcycle Audio products

Thanks
    Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    As anyone gone for the Fairing Speaker upgrade kit for Can-Am Spyders from Custom Dynamics

See Link : -http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...o_speakers.htm

I am considering going for the set Front and Back but did not want to order during the Christmas & New Year postal
    rush (They have to be shipped to the UK)

I am currently awaiting a set of Elka Shocks which left the USA on 15th Dec and have yet to arrive
    (Hoping these have not gone astray)

If anyone has purchased a set or will receive a set for Christmas and once fitted them it would be helpful if a report
    on them was posted - Just to check against the claims by the J&M Corporation - They do seem to have a good track record for Motorcycle Audio products

Thanks
    Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK
    I had the Polk on my last RT and have a set of these ordered for this RT. I'll let you know what I think. The Polk were better but I wouldn't call them amazing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I had the Polk on my last RT and have a set of these ordered for this RT. I'll let you know what I think. The Polk were better but I wouldn't call them amazing.
    Please do. I too am on the fence about speaker upgrades. Was going to do the Polk because the make great speakers but the mixed reviews have me second thinking.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    . I have the polk audio speakers on my RT and they are better then the factory speakers, but not amazing. I would do it again, as the polks don't distort like the factory set. I got mine from Cowboom.com that were display units, both from and back for $50. A nice amp would do wonders for them in my opinion...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=smartin436;400925]
    Quote Originally Posted by hspyder View Post
    For this gentleman who posted a video of "how to" install the rear speakers on the RT.

So whats your opinion on the new speakers?
    They are good. I did not have anything else to compare. It seems like other people are using other models, but I ordered what is the most used for the addition. It is pretty stupid from Can-am to sell the audio package and not have the rear speakers installed. For a lousy extra $80.00?
    I have a bad @$$ sound system installed on my Ranger, but do not know if I'd spend any more money with a amp and upgrade for a better speakers on the RT. I like to ride and still be able to listen to crazy cagers around me.
    Last edited by hspyder; 12-25-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I don't want to hijack this thread ...

... but do any of you use earphones? I prefer to run my iPod 'raw' but can't find a set of earphones that will stay in my ears when I put my helmet on or take it off ... and believe me, I've spent a bundle trying.

tnx,thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    ... but do any of you use earphones? I prefer to run my iPod 'raw' but can't find a set of earphones that will stay in my ears when I put my helmet on or take it off ... and believe me, I've spent a bundle trying.

tnx,thehawk
    You can use helmet speakers or helmet speaker in conjunction with an aftermarket comm system. I prefer my sounds in my helmet, too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post

tnx,thehawk
    I use wicked little buds and skullcandy