Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Got the kitchen pass to attend the BBQ. Looking forward to meeting up with old friends and making new ones.

Love the idea of wrenching! Bringing my zip-ties and the hammer.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What ever date you pick we're will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Mid September would be nice, not to hot or cold.

Spyder Garage

Dates don't matter to us. We'll attend whatever days we're able to (Thursday and Friday might not work, too early to tell), but we won't miss the weekend stuff.
    2016 RTS

Spyder Garage

I'm in as long as you set a date early.

- I can change the oil on an RS blind folded
    - I can swap out shocks
    - Change plugs
    - Install some options
    - Pull frunks and grease joints
    - Install juice boxes

I assume either you will have supplies there for sale so people don't have to bring their own supplies for things like oil changes, etc. Baja Ron to the rescue?

Anything else would require me to trailer the spyder in order to have space for other stuff.

Would love to learn how to check belt tension *Properly or actually see a rear wheel removed and reinstalled.

We could also do a spyder wash with a donation bucket and pick a local charity to donate the proceeds to... or something of the sort.

Doc better have his Silver Dream there with the new powerplant by then!
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default BBQ

Have it anytime you want..I'll be there. I would prefer the end of September or early October.
    Leaves should be changing then.
    bt

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    I will have a new powerplant by then....
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Yepper,,,, I have seen it....... It's a big big big Rubber band with a prop for turbo.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    I'm in as long as you set a date early.

- I can change the oil on an RS blind folded
    - I can swap out shocks
    - Change plugs
    - Install some options
    - Pull frunks and grease joints
    - Install juice boxes

I assume either you will have supplies there for sale so people don't have to bring their own supplies for things like oil changes, etc. Baja Ron to the rescue?

Anything else would require me to trailer the spyder in order to have space for other stuff.

Would love to learn how to check belt tension *Properly or actually see a rear wheel removed and reinstalled.

We could also do a spyder wash with a donation bucket and pick a local charity to donate the proceeds to... or something of the sort.

Love the wash idea. May I suggest Patriot Rovers as the charity. www.patriotrovers.org

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default Dates

Us mid northerners ( Ohio ) tend to get some cold weather off and on in early October , especially in the mornings. Headed to Tenn this last October and nearly froze ( 38 when we left at 0730 ) plumb to death until temps warmed up around noon. Once we got to Tenn the temps were great and great all the way home . Sept. sometime would seem excellent for our area .Course I could just leave the wife at home and then I wouldn't have to worry about cold....LOL

Spyder Garage

Default Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by exwinger View Post
    Us mid northerners ( Ohio ) tend to get some cold weather off and on in early October , especially in the mornings. Headed to Tenn this last October and nearly froze ( 38 when we left at 0730 ) plumb to death until temps warmed up around noon. Once we got to Tenn the temps were great and great all the way home . Sept. sometime would seem excellent for our area .Course I could just leave the wife at home and then I wouldn't have to worry about cold....LOL
    I'm sure you didn't mean that the way it sounded. lol But if you did enjoy your stay in the dog house. Hope I will see you in Tenn.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OK lamonster.....when is the Bar-B-Q???? we are planning a trip out west and up to Alaska...late July - early October????? we will plan to ride across the country to get to your place.....got a date??????

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    OK lamonster.....when is the Bar-B-Q???? we are planning a trip out west and up to Alaska...late July - early October????? we will plan to ride across the country to get to your place.....got a date??????
    I'm finding a hard time nailing it down right now as there are other events going on that I don't want to overlap. I'll post something here when I have dates.

So when is your SpyderLovers BBQ? I think that would be great to have one there too.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

we're leaning towards Memorial Day weekend...I know there are a lot of happenings...but it gives people an extra day for travel....we'll have it this year and then it will grow year after year.....so mark your calendars...May 25, 26, 27 & 28th 2012...travel on 25 & 28th and 26th & 27th we'll do bar-b-q....work center, (shop, lift, tools...know how) we still have details...but that is what we are leaning towards.....

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Question,

Where would it be held?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I was talking with another member last night about my ideas for the Lamonster BBQ next year. Right now we know we have Spyderfest in Cuba MO (April 25 to 29) and the BRP Spyder Owners Event in Durango CO sometime in June. These are the two big events and depending on the turnout this would be the third largest Spyder event if you guys show up again.

My plans are to make this a three day event (wife is going to kill me).

First day would be a workshop at my place. I would need folks that are willing to bring some hand tools and be willing to help others work on their Spyder. We could show folks how to change oil, check belt tension and even install accessories. I'm sure there are plenty of capable SpyderLovers that would be willing to either do the work or help teach someone that was willing to learn. We could help with the tools and help you if you get stuck on something. Everyone else could just watch and fellowship and maybe cook some burgers and dogs.

The next day we would ride. As you all know there are a ton of great riding spots in the area and I can think of some good routes that would pretty much take up the whole day and you would never see the same thing twice.

the last day would be the real BBQ where I would bring in my guy and we would do like we have for the last few years. From there you could head back home or hang around, that would be up to you.

Right now I'm thinking a Thursday, Friday, Saturday thing. What I don't know is when and that's another thing I could use your help on. I'm looking at the months of August, September or October. Got to remember Biketoberfest in October so I'm not sure if that would work.

So what are your suggestions? Is there already too many things going on next year? Should we even plan for this?

Spyder Garage

Default Just another opinion

With Spyderfest in April and the Owner's event in June--- I vote for August or early September. I love the idea of the schedule that was mentioned; tech time , ride time, social at the end.
    Blue 2011 RT-S: My Economic Contributions: Rt Hand Brake, RAM handle bar cup holder, Kewl Metal Gadget mount for phone/GPS, Midland CB, High Tech V2 Wireless intercom, GloRiders-Blue, BRP hitch, Bike-rack for travel duffel, Grip Puppies, Arrow mirror turn signals, RT HMT Rear light, Utopia Driver's seat back, Lamont's NBV Highway pegs, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Baker Air Wings
    Life is a matter of Prospective We create our own Prospective.

Spyder Garage

September would be good as there would be less families on vacation with the start of the school year.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

we go over to live oak about 6 times a year to eat at sheryls and the dixie cafe.
    ride with the southern cruisers here in jax
    i'll contact you when we go again and you might want to ride with us oon some of the curvey roads just east and south of live oak
    we have 4 spyders in our riding group.

Quote Originally Posted by poucherg View Post
    Can't make Spyderfest, definately can't go allthe way to CO. Still sort of new to spyder world, really want to attend a spyder event, would love to be able to attend this, east Tn isn't that bad. We have poultry farm, so everything hinges around that schedule. Can plan somewhat close when a date is decided. I vote for September, August could be too hot, October has chance of turning cold up there.

Spyder Garage

Glad I happened upon this thread as I haven't been reading the general discussion much lately. Deb and I may be up for this to help out if needed.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Deb and I may be up for this to help out if needed.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nightcruiser View Post
    Where would it be held?
    Lamont's place in Greenville/Mosheim, East TN.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

We have a wedding in VT over Labor Day weekend and will prolly be visiting a few other friends and doing some other Spydering after that. So later in Sept. or Oct. would be better for me.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.614684,-83.368138
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Any luck nailing down a date yet. This will probably be the only "spdyer" function my wife and I can both go to. But we need to know what the dates are so we can ask off from work. Can't wait to meet more spyderlovers. I've got the soldering iron and wire already to go for the electrical gadget help.

Spyder Garage

I vote for early September as October can be too chilly in the mountains for it to be enjoyable to stand around outside or ride. As the other two events are too far away to attend, I am REALLY excited about a get-together closer to home. Thank you so much for offering this opportunity!

Cheryl

Spyder Garage

Default Meancj7

Love BBQ as I love my spyder! Sept sounds great, and any ride in eastern Ky. or Tn is a great ride (home for me while growing up). Am new to spyder lovers and am jumping to meet others and ride for fun. Need to know more about the maintenance and accessories though. Just set a date and I will plan for it. Want to go to Cuba also but would be a long ride from Savannah, Ga. where home currently is.