Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lost stock antenna

Somehow I lost my antenna yesterday, don't know how it would have come unscrewed, but it is gone, any one know of a way to order one on line? Nearest dearship is miles away. Maybe I can talk Santa into getting it for me.

Spyder Garage

Same thing happened to me last year. Mine was replaced by the dealer under warranty. They put a little Lock-Tite on and it's been fine.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by paintedlady View Post
    Somehow I lost my antenna yesterday, don't know how it would have come unscrewed, but it is gone, any one know of a way to order one on line? Nearest dearship is miles away. Maybe I can talk Santa into getting it for me.
    If I were you I would go to Wally World. They have a great little rubber duckie antenna that works great. About $8.

Spyder Garage

This is where I got mine. It's half the length of the factory model and looks a lot better - IMHO. It 's the same reception as the original, and if you loctite it, it'll last longer than the original. My original came loose too.

http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_antenna.htm

Spyder Garage

You will need a new Antenna (P/N 710002740 - MSRP $54.49). This is the 2012 antenna, and supercedes the original antennas, which are no longer available. A lock washer is no longer used. I don't think the Loctite is used any longer, either, but you would have to check with a dealer to verify that. The part is listed in the 2012 parts fiche under "Electrical Accessories 3". You will also need a RH Radio Antenna Base (rubber boot) (P/N 708300156 - MSRP $12.49) if yours has been lost. This is listed under "Luggages, Rear". Parts are available directly from BRP at http://store.spyder.brp.com/.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They hide their parts in the darndest places... It's almost as if they were throwing darts at a dartboard to decide what heading to hide something in!
    (Mine was waranteed last year after it went A.W.O.L.)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

J&M 40-ch CB Antenna Upgrade Kit for Can-Am Spyder RT.
    This is a complete J&M CB antenna upgrade kit for the Can-Am Spyder RT touring motorcycle.

Included in this kit is a replacement brass mounting block that has been machined to fit in the exact same spot as the factory antenna block, but with the correct sized and threaded mounting hole, to allow the industry standard CB antenna staffs to fit, and to properly conduct RF transmissions from the CB antenna coax, all the way thru to the antenna staff itself.

Many of the Can-Am factory installed CB antennas improperly insulate the antenna staff from the brass mounting block, causing high SWR and poor CB transmission capability from the Can-Am CB radio.

This new kit from J&M includes a pre-tuned, (no SWR tuning necessary) 3’, top-loaded CB antenna staff, replacement CB antenna brass mounting block and complete installation instructions.

You will be impressed with the instant improvement in your CB transmission distance and sound quality to other riders in your group.

Installation is a snap, with normal hand tools.
    http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ctID=CSCBA-300
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

I think she needs the radio antenna, not the CB antenna.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

PM me & you can have my stock antenna for the postage… I ordered the ESI shorty before my RT arrived, changed it the day I got the RT, and have never had a problem.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default feel your pain

It happen to me also, BRP replaced mine under warranty. It's a common thing on the Spyder. I used lock-tight on mine.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default lost stock antenna

Thanks to all of you for your help. I could not have done it with out ya!!!

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    J&M 40-ch CB Antenna Upgrade Kit for Can-Am Spyder RT.
    This is a complete J&M CB antenna upgrade kit for the Can-Am Spyder RT touring motorcycle.

Included in this kit is a replacement brass mounting block that has been machined to fit in the exact same spot as the factory antenna block, but with the correct sized and threaded mounting hole, to allow the industry standard CB antenna staffs to fit, and to properly conduct RF transmissions from the CB antenna coax, all the way thru to the antenna staff itself.

Many of the Can-Am factory installed CB antennas improperly insulate the antenna staff from the brass mounting block, causing high SWR and poor CB transmission capability from the Can-Am CB radio.

This new kit from J&M includes a pre-tuned, (no SWR tuning necessary) 3’, top-loaded CB antenna staff, replacement CB antenna brass mounting block and complete installation instructions.

You will be impressed with the instant improvement in your CB transmission distance and sound quality to other riders in your group.

Installation is a snap, with normal hand tools.
    http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ctID=CSCBA-300
    Sorry to go off thread but has anyone tried this kit? and what were the results? sounds interesting.

2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

They have you covered above. Antenna had a tendency to fall off due to lack of a lock washer and some locktite. Mine was fixed under warranty--but while waiting for the part, I went to Wally World and picked up the rubber ducky as mentioned above. That worked well.

I guess a new improved antenna might be the ticket--as Scotty mentioned above.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have never been in a Wally World, so can't comment on anything offered there - but really like the ESI shorty, which I highly recommend.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Default Wow! I lost my antenna today. I only have 720 miles on the bike

I lost my antenna today and I only have 723 miles on the bike. I never even realized it was loose.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black