Spyder Garage

Thumbs up New and larger brake peddle

For a long time I've had issues with the small brake peddle. I think it is just to small. I'm fabricating a new brake peddle. It will be twice the size of the stock peddle. I've made a half dozen peddles and put them on Spyders RS and RT's I have over 1,000 miles on my brake peddle. I believe it's the right size 4"x2" and it just bolts on. You can find them on Tricled on this sight after the first of the year.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

My question would be whether this would lend to more "limp mode" situations?

Chris

Spyder Garage

My question is does it fit on the emergency brake on the RS? I have no problem with the foot brake, but that emergency one is way to small.

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    Running lights front and rear
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CJ/johnnyg View Post
    My question is does it fit on the emergency brake on the RS? I have no problem with the foot brake, but that emergency one is way to small.
    I agree!
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

I was in walmart he other day and found some pedal covers,these are cast alumimunn pieces that you clamp over for gas and brake pedels to snaze them up,I took the brake cover and attached it to the parking brake(without the rubber top)I had to add some reinforcement to the bottom of the cover so it would not brake off, my cover had a pattern of holes in it. I'll take some photos of it if anyone wants,but you can invent your own way to do it, I just wanted to give you the idea of using a cheap($14.95) fix for the small parking pedal.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

While I was in Ft Lauderdale last Friday I got a proto type extended brake pedal and for my foot it works great. No limp mode ( Chris ) and since I have the Foot Rests on, I can use my heal to brake rather than having to move my foot... In my opinion worth every penny. Now if I can get something to stop my hip cramp when it does occur.

Spyder Garage

Forest,
    I'll work on that hip cramp problem. No guarantees.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

I toke some pics of the parking brake ext.I made for my RS,Walmart had lots of styles to chose from.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) kyspydergal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CJ/johnnyg View Post
    I put the extended parking brake from ESI on mine. Made it much easier to use the parking
    brake.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdudester View Post
    You use your brakes????????????? Lame.
    Only going uphill !!!! That way I won't roll backwards.