Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up rear Elka shocks

Has any body used ELKA shocks in the rear of a 2011 RTS .I have installed them on the front and what a great change.Does it get better on the rear too?

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Yes and Yes.

Although I have a 2010 RT. Fronts were most noticeable for me. Rear was most notable for my wife (passenger).

Spyder Garage

Default Rear Elka Shock

Recently installed the latest, less expensive rear Elka Shock on my 2010 RT-S. Very noticable positive difference over OEM rear shock. I would highly recommend the changeout.
    KYSPYDER

Spyder Garage

The fronts show just how bad the rear is. I bought one I haven't had time to put it on.

pitbull

Glad you are liking your elka's! I love happy ryders. Once you've got elka's there's no going back to stock!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Stopped by Cowtown today (enroute from Nebraska back to Georgia. Len is GREAT tho not sure I can afford Spyderfest. Got to sit on the Cowtown tricked out Performace Spyder RT. Just sitting on it cost me a set of Elka front shocks. Len offered to let me take the Cowtown trick pony for a spin but I refused. 'fraid that Spyderfest will cost me more. And SWMBO was trying out a new seat for her GS.

Can't wait to get Elkas installed. Will let y'all know how it goes.
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 11-19-2011 at 08:17 PM.

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    Stopped by Cowtown today (enroute from Nebraska back to Georgia. Len is GREAT tho not sure I can afford Spyderfest. Got to sit on the Cowtown tricked out Performace Spyder RT. Just sitting on it cost me a set of Elka front shocks. Len offered to let me take the Cowtown trick pony for a spin but I refused. 'fraid that Spyderfest will cost me more. And SWMBO was trying out a new seat for her GS.

Can't wait to get Elkas installed. Will let y'all know how it goes.
    It was great meeting you! It's funny how people who have never meet can become good friends right away....... Sorry about the Elka suspension upgrade lol some times I can't help myself They just make such a huge difference! I want everyone to have them! Lol again thanks for taking the time to stop by and see us! It was or pleasure! Let me know how your mod goes and if you have any questions! Anxious to to hear your results!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Have Elkas front n rear. Replaced the rear after it was not rebounding right. Dealer said it was fine as the airbag was holding air. Duh! BEWARE of Loves Park Motorsports.

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    Have Elkas front n rear. Replaced the rear after it was not rebounding right. Dealer said it was fine as the airbag was holding air. Duh! BEWARE of Loves Park Motorsports.
    Lol ...... What does the air bag have to do with the rear shock?!?! Lol now that's funny! Ya sometimes you just have to wonder what they really know! Or don't know!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default On another note

file://localhost/Users/douglasboehmke/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Modified/2011/LexAIOScanDocs_2/LexmarkAIOScan1.jpg