Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Red face FYI RT Performance package

I purchased the RT Stage 2 Performance package from Len at Cowtown. I must say that the hype does not come close to the reality of the Performance Package. IT FAR EXCEEDS THE HYPE. I took off on my Stock 2010 RTS SE5 from Houston, TX on October 24th at 7:00 a.m. and Arrived in Cuba, Mo. October 24th at 8:45 p.m. The next morning I arrived at Cowtown to meet Len, The package we discussed would include the Two Brother Exhaust, Elka front Shocks, Green Filter, Iridium spark plugs, plug wires and yes A Ram Air system for the RTS SE5 (Fog Lights) Dyno and tuned.

Len and I realized that Rain, Wind and Cold weather would be affecting my trip back home to Houston. Len placed two Techs to finish the job by 4:30 that day. This was truly a pleasure dealing with someone that understands customer service.

I had an 826 mile trip that started at 5:00 p.m. October 25th; this is what I learned about the Performance Package on this journey.

1. The Elka shocks make the RTS handle in turns and windy conditions so much better than the stock shocks..
    2. Two BrotherExhaust, Green Filter, Ram Air, Plugs and Plug wires. Increase of Mid-range and Top end. (Increase of 18.5 H.P.)
    3. The greatest achievement is the increase of 6.5 miles to a gallon; I actually got 179 mileson on 4.8 gallons

I have put on 2200 miles since these upgrades and the Spyder is so much more fun to ride.

My thanks goes out to Len at Cowtown, I rode 1726 miles for these upgrades and every mile was worth it.

Rick (FmfTxs)

Spyder Garage

OUTSTANDING!!

Proof positive about the Cowtown gang. Worth the drive!!

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Not sure if you saw my previous post about adding the package or Fencepost's about the Dyno we did on my 2010 RT (see RT Shop Talk 10/29) after adding the Performance Package. We were amazed at the difference and how much more fun the twisties are with the new shocks. Enjoy the new ride, I sure am!
    Never accept "no" from someone who does not have the authority to say "yes".

Spyder Garage

on the "new" ryde.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is gonna get me killed for sure...
    "Oh honey...."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

chickridin

Congrats on the new upgrades! I am sooooo freakin jealous! I wish I live near Cowtown. Sounds like a great place to deal with.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am impressed with Cowtown. I am pretty new at Spyderlife and wondering if Elka shocks would improve my ride/handling on my 2011 RT-S? I am not real agressive but I keep up my group in the hill country west of Boerne. I have read posts that BRP upgraded the shocks for 2011 and Elka's might not improve the ride that much. I have my shocks set on 4 (I ride solo) with 18 in the front and 28 in the rear. It seems to work okay for me so I guess that is all I need. Just wondering.

FYI As I get more miles on BR1, I find the ride is better than my Motor Trike overall. On the Interstate with the cruise set on 73, they are both great....

Last edited by Mr. White; 11-04-2011 at 07:31 AM.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    I am impressed with Cowtown. I am pretty new at Spyderlife and wondering if Elka shocks would improve my ride/handling on my 2011 RT-S? I am not real agressive but I keep up my group in the hill country west of Boerne. I have read posts that BRP upgraded the shocks for 2011 and Elka's might not improve the ride that much. I have my shocks set on 4 (I ride solo) with 18 in the front and 28 in the rear. It seems to work okay for me so I guess that is all I need. Just wondering.

FYI As I get more miles on BR1, I find the ride is better than my Motor Trike overall. On the Interstate with the cruise set on 73, they are both great....

If I lived in Boerne, TX I would upgrade to Elka Shocks. They would make a world of difference in the Hill country rides.

Enjoy the Ride
    Rick AKA FmfTxs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barbwire View Post
    Not sure if you saw my previous post about adding the package or Fencepost's about the Dyno we did on my 2010 RT (see RT Shop Talk 10/29) after adding the Performance Package. We were amazed at the difference and how much more fun the twisties are with the new shocks. Enjoy the new ride, I sure am!
    Yes, I did read the post and that is what motivated me to post my observation. Your post was contributing factor on the upgrade.

Rick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Where to buy?

I am new to this due to a knee injury, traded in my BMW K, where do you buy this stuff from?> I am looking for a bigger windshield for my RT-S, been trying to buy the floorboards from VTS, and always interested in performance upgrades with everything I drive. I am by Akron Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by FmfTxs View Post
    I purchased the RT Stage 2 Performance package from Len at Cowtown. I must say that the hype does not come close to the reality of the Performance Package. IT FAR EXCEEDS THE HYPE. I took off on my Stock 2010 RTS SE5 from Houston, TX on October 24th at 7:00 a.m. and Arrived in Cuba, Mo. October 24th at 8:45 p.m. The next morning I arrived at Cowtown to meet Len, The package we discussed would include the Two Brother Exhaust, Elka front Shocks, Green Filter, Iridium spark plugs, plug wires and yes A Ram Air system for the RTS SE5 (Fog Lights) Dyno and tuned.

Len and I realized that Rain, Wind and Cold weather would be affecting my trip back home to Houston. Len placed two Techs to finish the job by 4:30 that day. This was truly a pleasure dealing with someone that understands customer service.

I had an 826 mile trip that started at 5:00 p.m. October 25th; this is what I learned about the Performance Package on this journey.

1. The Elka shocks make the RTS handle in turns and windy conditions so much better than the stock shocks..
    2. Two BrotherExhaust, Green Filter, Ram Air, Plugs and Plug wires. Increase of Mid-range and Top end. (Increase of 18.5 H.P.)
    3. The greatest achievement is the increase of 6.5 miles to a gallon; I actually got 179 mileson on 4.8 gallons

I have put on 2200 miles since these upgrades and the Spyder is so much more fun to ride.

My thanks goes out to Len at Cowtown, I rode 1726 miles for these upgrades and every mile was worth it.

Rick (FmfTxs)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by efmautoclutch View Post
    I am new to this due to a knee injury, traded in my BMW K, where do you buy this stuff from?> I am looking for a bigger windshield for my RT-S, been trying to buy the floorboards from VTS, and always interested in performance upgrades with everything I drive. I am by Akron Ohio.
    Welcome to the parteeee! Everybody in here will have a different opinion as to where to buy the best "stuff"... Take it all in and eventually you'll have your answers... (I don't want to throw my opinions in and monkey up all of the fun!)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT-S windshield

Were is a good place to start? I have looked at the ones on here, I want the same height, but wider, most seem shorter but wider.

Spyder Garage

ESI, a sponsor of this site, and listed on the home page, should have the windshield you want.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

pitbull

Default Thanks

Thanks Rick, it was a pleasure getting to work with and for you sir! Glad you are enjoying your Spyder with the Preformance package! and the fuel milage well Its just a side affect of the whole thing lol. Again Rick I know it was a long haul glad it was worth it for you sir.
    Last edited by pitbull; 11-04-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I added the Elkas (front n back), the Green filter, and TBR exhaust myself. Never heard of ram air for the RT. Where can I get one?

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    I added the Elkas (front n back), the Green filter, and TBR exhaust myself. Never heard of ram air for the RT. Where can I get one?
    Cowtown.....but you will need a few more things than just that for it to work right....Give us a Call 800-258-6898....make sure you ask for Len and i'll walk you through it.
    Last edited by pitbull; 11-04-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Same engine as the Aprilla?

Is this the same engine that in the Aprilla? If so, is the fuel injection the same?

pitbull

Is this the same engine that in the Aprilla? If so, is the fuel injection the same?
    Same heads but not any of the rest.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "Oh honey...."

Uh oh. Dead man walking.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "Oh honey...."
    It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission, also told my wife that i was going out for a ride. Two days later .........

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Rick, I can't wait to hear that RT growl... Maybe Spydette will let me carry hers down to the muffler shop and build some ground-pounders for hers...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Rick, I can't wait to hear that RT growl... Maybe Spydette will let me carry hers down to the muffler shop and build some ground-pounders for hers...
    we can only hope................

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Questions

When you are talking about " Ram Air" are you removing the Fog Light's ? Can you post a pic of the opening ? Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FmfTxs View Post
    It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission, also told my wife that i was going out for a ride. Two days later .........
    Forgiveness??? You've never met my Missus... Uh-oh!