Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Arntufun is part of your group? He has been a good boy lately!

I'd say he's a candidate for 'The Most Improved' award!

Gee, I kinda miss some of his pre-reformed ways.
    Scary, hub?
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I WILL HELP IF I CAN

As many of you know, I ride with the Hill Country Road Riders here in the San Antonio area. We have 52 members and some have ridden together 20 years. We are an older group, riding all types of scoots.

Five of our group are attorneys, three are very active. We have a release that we have each member sign saying they are responsible for their own safety and no one in the group can be held responsible for other's actions, ie, an accident while riding with the group, etc.

I email an event schedule each month showing where we are meeting, departure time, where we are going to eat, etc. You ride if you wish....some ride every Saturday (we ride 12 months a year, every Saturday, rain or shine, depending on your personal riding needs) We usually have 12-18 each week.

So we do not incure any tax problems, we ask for a $5 a year "donation". We have four menbers who do the planning, etc. I publish an event schedule where we will eat, with inputs from all members. I also publish a small newsletter recounting the previous month rides and who participated.

A second member is the "ride coordinator" who insures all know the routes, current riding conditions, etc. We start at the stated time. We leave at 0830 during daylight savings time and 0930 (lunch runs) when the time changes. He rotates leads and sweeps.

A third developes routes to the cafes. He will make a 65 mile ride to a cafe 35 miles away. He sends them out for all to load in their GPS. Works great.

A fourth developed and posts to our web site (hcrrtx.org) which lists our event schedule, news and ride photos.

We have no rules. We "recommend members" and you are responsible for that persons actions. We "suggest" all wear helmets. We "suggest" you ride staggared and NO drinking!!

We ride the speed limit or below. After a person has ridden a time or two, we ask them to join. We are not everyone's cup of tea.

Several times a year, a couple of members will think up a trip. We announce it and anyone who wishes to go, contacts the "leader" and gets the details. All are welcome.

If I can help you with more details, etc. contact me at scoot62@aol.com (put Spyder in the subject) or post it and I will offer what we do...our system has worked for 20+ years and we have a great time.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    As many of you know, I ride with the Hill Country Road Riders here in the San Antonio area. We have 52 members and some have ridden together 20 years. We are an older group, riding all types of scoots.

Five of our group are attorneys, three are very active. We have a release that we have each member sign saying they are responsible for their own safety and no one in the group can be held responsible for other's actions, ie, an accident while riding with the group, etc.

I email an event schedule each month showing where we are meeting, departure time, where we are going to eat, etc. You ride if you wish....some ride every Saturday (we ride 12 months a year, every Saturday, rain or shine, depending on your personal riding needs) We usually have 12-18 each week.

So we do not incure any tax problems, we ask for a $5 a year "donation". We have four menbers who do the planning, etc. I publish an event schedule where we will eat, with inputs from all members. I also publish a small newsletter recounting the previous month rides and who participated.

A second member is the "ride coordinator" who insures all know the routes, current riding conditions, etc. We start at the stated time. We leave at 0830 during daylight savings time and 0930 (lunch runs) when the time changes. He rotates leads and sweeps.

A third developes routes to the cafes. He will make a 65 mile ride to a cafe 35 miles away. He sends them out for all to load in their GPS. Works great.

A fourth developed and posts to our web site (hcrrtx.org) which lists our event schedule, news and ride photos.

We have no rules. We "recommend members" and you are responsible for that persons actions. We "suggest" all wear helmets. We "suggest" you ride staggared and NO drinking!!

We ride the speed limit or below. After a person has ridden a time or two, we ask them to join. We are not everyone's cup of tea.

Several times a year, a couple of members will think up a trip. We announce it and anyone who wishes to go, contacts the "leader" and gets the details. All are welcome.

If I can help you with more details, etc. contact me at scoot62@aol.com (put Spyder in the subject) or post it and I will offer what we do...our system has worked for 20+ years and we have a great time.

Thanks for this. I will likely be in touch for more details.

Spyder Garage

We don't need any lawyers, we have Vito.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Spyder Ryders Of North Texas Appreciates This

Thanks Lamont. Adding this feature is great! I have been working o hard since last year to connect with Spyders in our area and have done well and believe this will help connect more to our organized riding group here in Texas.

Thanks
    Larry "Eagle Eye" Corrales
    www.SpyderRydersOfNorthTexas.com

SR Circle Black Filled (238 x 230).jpg100_5655 (600 x 450).jpg

Spyder Garage

Default How to be added to a Spyder Riding Group?

How does one add themselves to a Spyder Riding Group?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Now i am trying to decide if I want to move to Tx or NY

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdan View Post
    How does one add themselves to a Spyder Riding Group?
    Just go to the group and click the (join group) button.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Ryders Groups

We have a 40 plus members in the Ohio Spyder Ryders and have a trip planned for thos that want to ride. Than there are some of us that are retired and go for rides providing the weather permits during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    There has been a lot of talk about riding groups within SpyderLovers and I've added a feature to the site that will help you to create your own Group/Club or whatever you want to call it. This will be a little different than the chapter pages we have now for each state as it will allow you to create a riding group that is not tied to just one state or local area. You could have a group for just those who like to take long rides or Ironbutt rides lets say, or maybe a cold weather riding group or just a Spyder riding club group. You can name the group whatever you want as long as you use the same guidelines as we use here for the rest of the content on this site. If you have a riding group outside of SpyderLovers and want to post your group here that's fine too, just follow the same rules as the rest of the site.

If you already have a group now but need to be able to organize your group a little better this might work out for you. I would ask that you don't create a group just for the sake of it, if this is abused that group will be deleted by me.

So how do I start a group or join a group?

If you look in the gray menu bar above you'll see a drop down menu that says "Community", click on that and then click on "Groups".
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/group.php

There you will be able to create a group or join a group. This is also where you'll find new groups that have been created.
    Here's some info on that.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/f..._social_groups

I'm new to this myself but will try and answer any questions you may have about what it takes to start a group, join a group and how the group should be used. My hope is this will help you all to create a tighter bond within SpyderLovers and be able to organize more group rides and share more events with each other.

chickridin

Can I create a group of 1? That way I'll never be late!
    I was thinking the same thing!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Arntufun is part of your group? He has been a good boy lately!

I'd say he's a candidate for 'The Most Improved' award!
    Holly's keeping him in check...

Spyder Garage

Default Just looking to ride with another Spyder

Greetings All,
    My wife and I just purchased our Spyder Roadster RT. We were introduced to this website by a fellow Roadster Ryder at a Rest Area across the VA/NC state line. For the life of me, I cannot remember his name. Great website, though. I am looking to hook up with Ryders in and around the Virginia Beach area. Tried to contact someone from the Hampton Roads Spyder Ryders tag, but had no luck. Sadly, my wife and I have already logged over 1500 miles without a fellow Spyder Ryder to share with. We have only had our Spyder for a little over a month. Hopefully, someone out there can help us out. We enjoy the ride and want to make a name for the Spyders in our area. We are open for suggestions. Also thinking about adding another Spyder to the family...just so the wife can enjoy a solo ride. Although she loves the scenic view from the passenger seat, I would like to see the joy on her face from riding her own as well. All in time!! Looking to chat with fellow riders. Anyone out there? V/R, ValCruzSpyder

Spyder Garage

Default locals ???

we live in the panhandle of west virginia and would like to find groups that is some what near by. martinsburg wv borders maryland virginia and pennsylvania is only about 25 minutes away...
    gary (ô¿ô)

2010 can am spyder RTS-SE5 limited... #0058
    timeless black
    lighting by .......Big Dog Productions
    pin striping by..Letterfly
    exhaust by.......Spyder1attitude
    strobe brake lights by...Custom Dynamics
    K & N air filter

Spyder Garage

Default Calendar

There has been a lot of talk about riding groups within SpyderLovers and I've added a feature to the site that will help you to create your own Group/Club or whatever you want to call it. This will be a little different than the chapter pages we have now for each state as it will allow you to create a riding group that is not tied to just one state or local area. You could have a group for just those who like to take long rides or Ironbutt rides lets say, or maybe a cold weather riding group or just a Spyder riding club group. You can name the group whatever you want as long as you use the same guidelines as we use here for the rest of the content on this site. If you have a riding group outside of SpyderLovers and want to post your group here that's fine too, just follow the same rules as the rest of the site.

If you already have a group now but need to be able to organize your group a little better this might work out for you. I would ask that you don't create a group just for the sake of it, if this is abused that group will be deleted by me.

So how do I start a group or join a group?

If you look in the gray menu bar above you'll see a drop down menu that says "Community", click on that and then click on "Groups".
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/group.php

There you will be able to create a group or join a group. This is also where you'll find new groups that have been created.
    Here's some info on that.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/f..._social_groups

I'm new to this myself but will try and answer any questions you may have about what it takes to start a group, join a group and how the group should be used. My hope is this will help you all to create a tighter bond within SpyderLovers and be able to organize more group rides and share more events with each other.

Hey Lamount, is there anyway you can put a calendar on the group webpage. This way groups can schedule dates and also other people can see their schedule. And may want to join the group for that ride that day.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to see so many groups have been started.

If you started a riding group I would go to your state board and encourage folks to join your group.

Hi my name is Jeniffer and I'm new here. I just saw your website online. I think Spider is really cool.

I will recommend this to my brother.

thanks

Spyder Garage

I think this is a great idea.

Spyder Garage

Default Dang it Ron...

Can I create a group of 1? That way I'll never be late!
    You beat me two (or is that to!!) it. Now we would be a group of 2 who want to be a group of 1...or something like that...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Groups

I love it. I thought we already had that, that's why I kept asking was there a group in Tyler TX or East Texas. This is great.

luciamichael11

Default * New feature added to SpyderLovers- Spyder Riding Groups!

i think this is great idea and your Spyder Riding Groups is really amazing.... how to join this group? give me some idea.......

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks, great idea

Thanks, I just added a group for Souith African riders. Hopefully this will start some new foreign dialogue.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am in Jonesborough TN and looking for people to ride with and info on Activities. Just moved her last year so I know no one. I have a 2011 limited and waiting for my 2014.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GC Wheeler View Post
    I am in Jonesborough TN and looking for people to ride with and info on Activities. Just moved her last year so I know no one. I have a 2011 limited and waiting for my 2014.
    I'm in Greeneville/Moshiem, not far from you. There are a few folks that ride together here. Drop me a PM

Spyder Garage

Default Off and running..!!

great idea, as you can see already, thanks fir making the site better all the time..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Thanks for helping us Spyderlovers join together...

Do I have to live in Florida to be a member or just a 'girl'?
    araknd

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looking for ryders in St. Charles County, MO. Also maybe Warren, Lincoln.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black