Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default New feature added to SpyderLovers- Spyder Riding Groups!

There has been a lot of talk about riding groups within SpyderLovers and I've added a feature to the site that will help you to create your own Group/Club or whatever you want to call it. This will be a little different than the chapter pages we have now for each state as it will allow you to create a riding group that is not tied to just one state or local area. You could have a group for just those who like to take long rides or Ironbutt rides lets say, or maybe a cold weather riding group or just a Spyder riding club group. You can name the group whatever you want as long as you use the same guidelines as we use here for the rest of the content on this site. If you have a riding group outside of SpyderLovers and want to post your group here that's fine too, just follow the same rules as the rest of the site.

If you already have a group now but need to be able to organize your group a little better this might work out for you. I would ask that you don't create a group just for the sake of it, if this is abused that group will be deleted by me.

So how do I start a group or join a group?

If you look in the gray menu bar above you'll see a drop down menu that says "Community", click on that and then click on "Groups".
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/group.php

There you will be able to create a group or join a group. This is also where you'll find new groups that have been created.
    Here's some info on that.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/f..._social_groups

I'm new to this myself but will try and answer any questions you may have about what it takes to start a group, join a group and how the group should be used. My hope is this will help you all to create a tighter bond within SpyderLovers and be able to organize more group rides and share more events with each other.

Spyder Garage

Arntufun...I think the NY Gawkers is official

Spyder Garage

Great idea !!

Just tried the link and I get a message that I don't have permission to access the page ................

Still, once the bugs get worked out this will be terrific.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Great idea !!

Just tried the link and I get a message that I don't have permission to access the page ................

Still, once the bugs get worked out this will be terrific.
    Shoot, try it now.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post

I was thinking the same thing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    You would have the first group. Go for it

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    You would have the first group. Go for it

Thanks for joining !!!

Spyder Garage

Very nice feature.... Maybe we can use it to pull together some spyder ryders in our area, plus connect with others showing up to enjoy our mountains!

I just added the Group for TN-GA-NC Mountain Ryders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default NY GAWKERS ?

IS IT OFFICIAL THAT THIS IS NOW A GROUP ????? I SEARCHED FOR IT ON THE GROUP PAGE AND " NO RESULTS ", WHERE IN UPSTATE NY ARE YOU LOCATED ??? I JUST PURCHASED A 2011 SPYDER RT - VIPER RED ON 9/12/2014 FROM DOUG'S POWERSPORTS IN CORTLAND, NY WHICH IS 51 MILES NORTH OF HORSEHEADS, NY. I HAVE JOINED TWO OTHER CLUBS/GROUPS, ONE IN PA BECAUSE I AM ONLY 20 MINUTES FROM THE PA. BORDER. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD KEEP ME INFORMED ON THIS GROUP !!!!! THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    As many of you know, I ride with the Hill Country Road Riders here in the San Antonio area. We have 52 members and some have ridden together 20 years. We are an older group, riding all types of scoots.

Five of our group are attorneys, three are very active. We have a release that we have each member sign saying they are responsible for their own safety and no one in the group can be held responsible for other's actions, ie, an accident while riding with the group, etc.

I email an event schedule each month showing where we are meeting, departure time, where we are going to eat, etc. You ride if you wish....some ride every Saturday (we ride 12 months a year, every Saturday, rain or shine, depending on your personal riding needs) We usually have 12-18 each week.

So we do not incure any tax problems, we ask for a $5 a year "donation". We have four menbers who do the planning, etc. I publish an event schedule where we will eat, with inputs from all members. I also publish a small newsletter recounting the previous month rides and who participated.

A second member is the "ride coordinator" who insures all know the routes, current riding conditions, etc. We start at the stated time. We leave at 0830 during daylight savings time and 0930 (lunch runs) when the time changes. He rotates leads and sweeps.

A third developes routes to the cafes. He will make a 65 mile ride to a cafe 35 miles away. He sends them out for all to load in their GPS. Works great.

A fourth developed and posts to our web site (hcrrtx.org) which lists our event schedule, news and ride photos.

We have no rules. We "recommend members" and you are responsible for that persons actions. We "suggest" all wear helmets. We "suggest" you ride staggared and NO drinking!!

We ride the speed limit or below. After a person has ridden a time or two, we ask them to join. We are not everyone's cup of tea.

Several times a year, a couple of members will think up a trip. We announce it and anyone who wishes to go, contacts the "leader" and gets the details. All are welcome.

If I can help you with more details, etc. contact me at scoot62@aol.com (put Spyder in the subject) or post it and I will offer what we do...our system has worked for 20+ years and we have a great time.

Thanks for this. I will likely be in touch for more details.

Spyder Garage

We don't need any lawyers, we have Vito.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Ryders Groups

We have a 40 plus members in the Ohio Spyder Ryders and have a trip planned for thos that want to ride. Than there are some of us that are retired and go for rides providing the weather permits during the week.

There has been a lot of talk about riding groups within SpyderLovers and I've added a feature to the site that will help you to create your own Group/Club or whatever you want to call it. This will be a little different than the chapter pages we have now for each state as it will allow you to create a riding group that is not tied to just one state or local area. You could have a group for just those who like to take long rides or Ironbutt rides lets say, or maybe a cold weather riding group or just a Spyder riding club group. You can name the group whatever you want as long as you use the same guidelines as we use here for the rest of the content on this site. If you have a riding group outside of SpyderLovers and want to post your group here that's fine too, just follow the same rules as the rest of the site.

If you already have a group now but need to be able to organize your group a little better this might work out for you. I would ask that you don't create a group just for the sake of it, if this is abused that group will be deleted by me.

If you look in the gray menu bar above you'll see a drop down menu that says "Community", click on that and then click on "Groups".

There you will be able to create a group or join a group. This is also where you'll find new groups that have been created.

I'm new to this myself but will try and answer any questions you may have about what it takes to start a group, join a group and how the group should be used. My hope is this will help you all to create a tighter bond within SpyderLovers and be able to organize more group rides and share more events with each other.

Spyder Garage

Default Calendar

Hey Lamount, is there anyway you can put a calendar on the group webpage. This way groups can schedule dates and also other people can see their schedule. And may want to join the group for that ride that day.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looking for ryders in St. Charles County, MO. Also maybe Warren, Lincoln.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Im using tap-talk & dont see feature fyi¿ not giving up , some others might miss opportunity depending on how they access forum.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Found a way & started ArkLaTex ryders. Fyi

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mississippi 1st Spyder Ryder Group. Spyder Ryder of America - Magnolia Chapter. Join us on facebook

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie