Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default I can't decide.....What do you think??

I've been working with Pete from PowerSportsWraps (who, by the way, is fantastic!) with putting rally stripes on my RT-S. I've finished doing the hood, glove box, trunk, and one fender, but I am undecided as to whether I like the look on the fender or not, so wanted to get others' opinions before moving on to the other fender, or removing what's already on the one. I originally had the piping next to the main stripes, but knew right off that I didn't like the look - way too busy and way too much white on such a small surface. But now, I can't decide if it's still too much, or just right and would like your help in deciding. I know that ultimately it's my decision based on my vision, but my original vision didn't include doing the fenders - it was an afterthought that I figured would tie in nicely if done correctly. Maybe I shouldn't bring the stripe all the way forward..??...maybe the stripes can be narrower??...Anyway, your thoughts on this would be appreciated. Oh, almost forgot, do you think I should continue the striping up around the headlights?

Let me preface this by saying my original plan was to just offset the red a little, not hide it or overshadow it; thus, the rally stripe idea. Looking forward to your feedback.

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    I've been working with Pete from PowerSportsWraps (who, by the way, is fantastic!) with putting rally stripes on my RT-S. I've finished doing the hood, glove box, trunk, and one fender, but I am undecided as to whether I like the look on the fender or not, so wanted to get others' opinions before moving on to the other fender, or removing what's already on the one. I originally had the piping next to the main stripes, but knew right off that I didn't like the look - way too busy and way too much white on such a small surface. But now, I can't decide if it's still too much, or just right and would like your help in deciding. I know that ultimately it's my decision based on my vision, but my original vision didn't include doing the fenders - it was an afterthought that I figured would tie in nicely if done correctly. Maybe I shouldn't bring the stripe all the way forward..??...maybe the stripes can be narrower??...Anyway, your thoughts on this would be appreciated. Oh, almost forgot, do you think I should continue the striping up around the headlights?

Let me preface this by saying my original plan was to just offset the red a little, not hide it or overshadow it; thus, the rally stripe idea. Looking forward to your feedback.

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 2.jpg
    WOWEEEE!!!!!! Love those stripes!!!! Don't think I would go for more than what you have pictured here. Even the fenders look great,love those stripes!!! But does make it look like TOO much of a good thing. changed my mind about those fenders. Not around the head lights tho think that would be TOOOO much and take away from the straight line configuration.
    Last edited by ThreeFeet; 10-28-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like the way it looks on the fender. Maybe add a small white strip right at the top edge of the inner and outer part of the fender right where it makes it break down. Also agree about
    not around the headlights.

Spyder Garage

Default Rally Stripes

Looks great !! Personally, I like the look of the stripping down the center all the way back (minus around the lights). Doing the fenders takes away from the center stripe (too busy). Good Luck !!!

Ralph
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Love the racing stripes, Back in 64 i put them on my Barracuda, but i think the stripes on the fenders are a little overkill.
    But otherwise looking good

Spyder Garage

Looks very good! I prefer the stripes down the center without the fenders.
    Happy Owner * 2013 RT Limited, 2009 RS SE-5

Spyder Garage

another vote to keep the fenders red

Spyder Garage

Ditch the fenders. Otherwise, perfect as is. Doing more would detract from the effect. Very nice!!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

I like the stripes on the fenders. Brings it all together for me. Great job!

Spyder Garage

looks really good .. made my strips last year on the first days when I changed from the GS .. but the fenders I would leave more original ... too much for me
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

IMHO, I would not do the fenders. Takes away from the centre line look
    Aspydering Ryder
    subsisto inrideo amicitia

I may not be perfect but, I am Canadian, and that's close enough!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Keep the fenders red... But it's looking GREAT!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Those stripes really make the look great.

I would recommend holding off on more till you get used to the new look. To busy takes away from the effect.

Overkill can be a problem. Its just like chocolate ice cream. The first and second scoop are really good--#10 and 11 are not so great.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Ditto!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

arntufun

It really looks great. I disagree with most of these people, I like the fenders with the stripes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Those stripes really make the look great.

I would recommend holding off on more till you get used to the new look. To busy takes away from the effect.

Overkill can be a problem. Its just like chocolate ice cream. The first and second scoop are really good--#10 and 11 are not so great.
    Love the analogy.. I definitely want to avoid overkill - just want to keep it simple.

Thanks everyone for your input, I knew you wouldn't let me down. I am leaning towards leaving the fenders red and like akspyderman says, wait til I get used to the look, and may revisit adding the stripes later.

Spyder Garage

Personally I would not do the fenders. But that's just me. I LOVE the rally stripe on the hood all the way back though! Great look.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

chickridin

How nice! I like the stripes on the fenders!

Spyder Garage

Stripes look great. I would do the fenders but I would make the stripe about half the size on the fenders (they are too wide for the fenders)than add a small pin stripe to each side like on the body. It is your you will make the finnally call
    Last edited by fispyder; 10-28-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: spelling and commit

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Nice rally stripes ,Lose the white stripes on the fenders and keep them solid red. Do not put any white near the headlights. The rally stripes look awesome on the the frunk and look awesome on the back .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Looks Awesome!

I like the fender stripes. I do think they would look better if they were not as wide.

Spyder Garage

Looks pretty slick! I prefer the side without the fender stripe.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default stripes

love the stripes, great idea.But I agree about making the stripes on the fenders narrower.That would tie everything together and not take away from frunk.Just my 2cents.

Spyder Garage

I really like the look. The fenders need white, not as much as you have but maybe pinstripes. Not quarter in ones but maybe half or 3/4 inch. The fenders look naked to me with the stripes. It's the first mod that really got me to say WOW!!!!