Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some welcome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pdxgoldwing View Post
    man, people get all up in your grill if you voice an opinion here....sounds like the goldwing board
    That's simply not true. Many types of opinions pro and con are on these boards.
    But when something that is perceived as extremely petty pops up you can certainly expect opinions coming back that might be a tad bit defensive.
    I think the type of answers that were given back in this case were well deserved.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Maybe it's just me; but when I got my packet I was tickled pink! The brochures were quickly handed out to anybody who seemed just a wee bit more than politely interested, the picture went up on the wall of my office, the patches got sew on and I was in the mood to turn some wheels!
    But if you want to whine; that's cool too! Just send me the brochures so that I can pass them out!
    Apparently they have already been thrown away. I too would have loved to have them, would even have paid for the postage to send them to me.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

Wow. Can't believe someone would complain about getting something for free. I actually enjoyed getting my package. I have the my Spyder RT Limited personalized picture hanging where I can see it when I'm not riding. I haven't used the patch yet but the pin is on my riding jacket. I keep several of the foldup flyers on the bike. It makes fuel stops go quicker when I run into a very interested person with lots of questions.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess it's just the way that some folks are: You give them something and they also want the car you drove up in!
    Everbody is entitled to their own opinion and an opinion about other folks' opinions too!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    I don't remember what i received from BRP ,that was over 3 years ago, But 8 days after i bought a Tri Glide, I received a package with pins patches a card with #'s for free towing, free subscription to their monthly magazine, And a road atlas with state maps, and the phone # hours and location of all Harley dealers.
    If BRP wants to send something useful, It should be a Atlas with all their dealers locations and phone#'s

They should have sent you coupons for free oil Bob. Your going to need it !!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now you boys play nice or I'll call your Father in here!
    "LAMONT!!"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    What did they send you with the welcome kit for your Chevrolet?...
    Well, Scotty, didn't buy a Chevrolet. But I did buy a Ford Explorer once. They sent me two very nice folding chairs. I was impressed. Until I realized how dangerous the Firestone tires were that came on the car. Obviously, the chairs were for sitting in while Ford tried to figure out what to do, and what kind of very low priority they could give to current owners needing replacement tires! It took about a full year for Ford to get that mess straightened out. Some of us consumers have loooooooong memories about such things.

Sorry for the hijack!
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Allensr View Post
    Well today we received our welcome package from BRP. What a major disappointment. A box full of advertisements to hand out for the manufacturer. Not one single useful piece of anything for the owner. What were they thinking? Guess what I am thinking?
    Just for the record, I agree.
    Dan

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    They should have sent you coupons for free oil Bob. Your going to need it !!!
    First 1,000 mile service free, and the second service at 5,000 miles free also.

Spyder Garage

Default Hand Out

I would like to get more hand outs because it helps anwser alot of questions.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default BPR Package

Mine came with the wrong color bike on the pic,also included was some Vaseline with glass in it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    I would like to get more hand outs because it helps anwser alot of questions.
    You can often pick them up at the dealer's...

arntufun

First 1,000 mile service free, and the second service at 5,000 miles free also.

Well.......... you got me there.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Well.......... you got me there.
    Probably nail me on # 3.

Spyder Garage

I got my "08 used. I did register online as an owner. But, as far as I can recall I didn't get anything. WHICH IS OK!!!!!

Because I have my Spyder!!!! What more could anyone want???

OK, maybe the RT. Even though it feels big to me, it's perfect for 2 up. And that's what we mostly do. I've been eyeing the RT lately with envy. But, not going to happen. I'll have the RS probably until I can't ryde at all.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    What did they send you with the welcome kit for your Chevrolet? If the gesture does not please you, toss it in the trash with the junk mail, but it beats nothing...or monthly flyers asking you to buy another new vehicle...the typical fare. To be honest, the brochures come in very handy, but I guess you guys want more...which we will all pay for in the end. Silly thing to gripe about if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allensr View Post
    Well today we received our welcome package from BRP. What a major disappointment. A box full of advertisements to hand out for the manufacturer. Not one single useful piece of anything for the owner. What were they thinking? Guess what I am thinking?
    I guess you missed the patch, pin and picture of your with your name on it. Lot more than what I got when I bought my brand new $30k+ vehicles in the last 10 years...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Well, I like my owner's Pkg !! Thanks BRP

Quote Originally Posted by viking3666 View Post
    I found those little ads very handy. I give them to people who admire my Spyder and tell them to concider buying from my dealer because they treated so well
    and I also hand out the salesman's business card that sold us our spyder and to speak to the dealer as he is platinum dealership and gives great service

Spyder Garage

I don't know, I kinda liked mine. Both of 'em. Took a while for them to come, but it was kinda fun when they did. Came with my owner card so I could register with the machine, a nice pic of my Spyder, some cool patches, pins which I wear on my jackets, and product info cards which frankly help a lot when I stop for fuel and get the inevitable questions.

Everyone is different on this I guess, but I thought it was nice... The free first services would have been even better! I like the idea of the road atlas as well.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

I don't remember what i received from BRP ,that was over 3 years ago, But 8 days after i bought a Tri Glide, I received a package with pins patches a card with #'s for free towing, free subscription to their monthly magazine, And a road atlas with state maps, and the phone # hours and location of all Harley dealers.
    If BRP wants to send something useful, It should be a Atlas with all their dealers locations and phone#'s
    I agree! BRP could have used the $$$ they spent on the welcome package a lot better than they did. The size of the package certainly did belie it's contents. It was much to do, about nothing.
    Dave
    Never leave well enough alone! (Raymond Loewy)

Spyder Garage

I liked the content of this "Welcome" package a lot better than the one I got for my "09 Phantom, but heck I like free goodies...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Boriken View Post
    but heck I like free goodies...
    If it's free, then it's for me!

chickridin

You get that free for the first year only. After that you pay....we've been HD members for a few years now and it ain't cheap.
    Last edited by chickridin; 10-28-2011 at 09:21 AM.

chickridin

Gezzz.....I was kinda tickled when I got my package. I bought my Spyder used and registered it anyway just to see what would happen.....I was surprised that I got anything at all! I carry one of the little brouchers with me just in case I want to give it to an inquiring mind.

Go !

Spyder Garage

The sand box can be a bit dangerous these days!

I probably got some free stuff with my Spyder too. But everything goes to the dealership in Florida where I bought my Spyder because that is where it was first registered. I hope they enjoyed all of my free stuff!

When I want free stuff, I go to Lamont's!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Regardless of the OP's tone, I find the post strange.

My welcome 2010 kit included a pile of handout brochures, but I also received a small poster, a Spyder Patch and a Spyder pin.

I wonder if BRP is no longer handing these out the same way they no longer include hooks on their mid panel access covers?

Just a thought................................
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey