Spyder Garage

Angry DCPR8EIX Iridium plug. THANKS LAMONT!!!

Changed my plugs today using Lamonts way. It worked out great only took one side of the Spyder apart and use a 1/4 drive ratchet and small wobble extention. Thanks Lamont saved slot of time this way.

Spyder Garage

Is there a way to see the technique?

Spyder Garage

Question Correct plug?

On a previous post a few months ago, I believe the correct Iridium plug for the Spyder was quoted as DCPR9EIX. Which is correct, the 8EIX or 9EIX.

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...um+spark+plugs
    Iridium Plugs are Back!
    Correction - Please Read! Lamont just informed me that BRP is calling for all 2011 and later Spyders to use the hotter DCP8EIX Spark Plug. I had previously listed this plug for only the 2011+ RT, which is not correct.

I have had trouble keeping up with demand for the NGK DCPR9EIX Iridium spark, but they are back in stock now.

The DCPR9EIX (All Spyders 2008~2010) just came in so I will be shipping any outstanding orders for these out today.

I also have a good supply of the DCPR8EIX Iridium spark plugs (All Spyders 2011 and later).

2 plugs delivered anywhere in the US for $17 total. I will ship anywhere in the world. If you are International let me know where you want them sent and I will give you the cost to your location.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    Only SLOW people have to be on time...If you're fast enough you can catch up
    Last edited by ryedoggracing; 10-11-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Boyallie I will see if I can get some pics.

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

How are the wire sets coming along and how do I order the plugs?. It's probably posted somewhere but I can't get the search function to bring it up...Thanks...Larry

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Just wondering why the hotter plug in the 11's and up? What's different in those engines that they can use a hotter heat range?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    Just wondering why the hotter plug in the 11's and up? What's different in those engines that they can use a hotter heat range?
    A number of the earlier machines have been exhibiting hot restart and plug fouling problems. This is part of the solution. The ignition and fuel injection have been reprogrammed to allow the use of the hotter plugs, from what I understand.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Scotty. My 2010 RT does start hard when hot. Sometimes it takes three times. My tech guy told me it had something to do with throttle closing when shut down hot. Must have something to do with emissions or something. He also told me some Spyders have had fouling issues. I can't imagine fouled plugs in a 4 Stroke engine but it happens. To much gas or oil contamination? I am having no problems with my RT and at 12,000 miles my first plug change will be with Iridiums bit the 9's not the 8's. So far no issues with my RT !