Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking for Chrome

I am looking for the chrome foot peg support castings for the 2010 RT SE5. Can-Am wants $579.99 for these and I was hoping to find them cheaper. If anyone knows of any place that has these please let me know. Thanks and ryde safe.
    Life should NOT be journey to grave with intention of arriving safely in attractive and well-preserved body, but rather you skid in sideways on 1 leg with body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Spyder Garage

I took all of my metal of and had it chromed saved about $600.00 in all. Handle bars, windshield bracket and everything on the foot controls and my kewlmetal highway pegs. total was $1200.00.
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, with SM5 transmission, Two Brothers muffler, cup holder ,clam shell ISO grips,I pod nano and chrome handlebars. Utopia backrest,chrome foot pegs, chrome passenger floor boards,chrome shifter and brake pedal,chrome windshield bracket and chrome kewlmetal highway pegs

Harleyrick

Spyder Garage

I have two sets of OEM grey if you want a set to get chromed. I also tried to have a local chrome shop do it. The labor involved was the killer. I got my dealer to give me 15% discount and they installed at no charge on my second RT-S.
    Last edited by SpyderDen; 10-05-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Spyder Garage

I also was taken back because of the price ,but then had a brainstorm and had that part and the windshield bracket painted to match the bike in timeless black. I think it came out wonderful for both, and found a body shop to do it for $250, I did chrome lots of other stuff.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDen View Post
    I have two sets of OEM grey if you want a set to get chromed. I also tried to have a local chrome shop do it. The labor involved was the killer. I got my dealer to give me 15% discount and they installed at no charge on my second RT-S.
    Wow that's a great deal !
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, with SM5 transmission, Two Brothers muffler, cup holder ,clam shell ISO grips,I pod nano and chrome handlebars. Utopia backrest,chrome foot pegs, chrome passenger floor boards,chrome shifter and brake pedal,chrome windshield bracket and chrome kewlmetal highway pegs

Harleyrick

Spyder Garage

I saw a chrome windshield bracket on eBay the other day for $200.00

Harleyrick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harleyRick View Post
    I saw a chrome windshield bracket on eBay the other day for $200.00
    Not sure who does the chrome work for BRP but their quality control stinks on the windshield support. The top of the right side was severely pitted on the first, second and third one from the dealer. The dealership had to have BRP hand pick one that didn't have pits. All were on the top right side. They must have had a problem in there chroming process. All the other chrome items had no problems.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Had the same issue with the handle bars. Had to order a second one too. Same pitting issues, but this one is great. Delayed my delivery about a week.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I know its not chrome, but I had mine powder coated black; pegs support plates, pegs, passenger footboards, screen support for $300 Canadian including ceramic coating the heat shield and end cap on the muffler black.

Gives it a stealth look for not a lot of cash, you might want to consider. I did buy the chrome handle bars from BRP.

Biggest headache was getting the brake side pegs support plate off and on!

SteveO