Spyder Garage

Default Damaged trim under handle bars

I damaged the trim piece that sits below the dash and mounts just under the handle bars. This piece swings left and right with the steering. I bought a new one but need info on how to get it out to replace it. I can see the handle bars must come off but I doubt I can take it out without with removing the dash. Can some one give me more info on this proceedure?

Thanks,

Randy

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

018 (2).jpg024.jpg021 (2).jpg038.jpg
    If your talking about this part it's not very easy to get to. It bolts on under the handelbars with 4 small screws. The only reason I know this is as you can see I needed to re- install it on my chrome bars.
    Last edited by 1BLACKSPYDER; 09-27-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Was it Chris (From Austria?) who was working on a set of adjustable bars? He went had some pretty complete instructions about removing that piece...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Perhaps the following might help. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...084#post370084

Chris (from Sanford, Flarda)

OOOPS!!! That wasn't the correct website. Here is the proper post. Sorry. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...613#post367613
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 09-28-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good catch! He's the guy! I just left him a message that there's somebody out there who needs his help. (I lit the "Bat-Lantern")

Spyder Garage

Note to self...the can do without the chrome handlebars. I know I would end up with extra parts if I tried that.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was always worried about the chrome 'bars due to potential glare problems in sunlight. This gives me another reason to back away from the accessories catalog!

Spyder Garage

Thanks all,

That confirmed how hard to get in there but not how to remove the panels requried. I have had all the side panels off but have no info on the dash components and the handlebars. Any one able to help with that part?

Thanks,

Randy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default chrome handlebars

I have the chrome bars, have yet to have any problem with glare, and 90% of my riding is the sun is shining. Hope this quells your worry

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I was always worried about the chrome 'bars due to potential glare problems in sunlight. This gives me another reason to back away from the accessories catalog!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Thanks all,

That confirmed how hard to get in there but not how to remove the panels requried. I have had all the side panels off but have no info on the dash components and the handlebars. Any one able to help with that part?

Thanks,

Randy
    Hi .. should be easy to find someone who sends you a link to a service-manual ..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    Hi .. should be easy to find someone who sends you a link to a service-manual ..
    Try the following: http://www.midwestmanuals.com/

Should be able to get it there.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tbeers View Post
    I have the chrome bars, have yet to have any problem with glare, and 90% of my riding is the sun is shining. Hope this quells your worry
    Have had chrome bars on two Rydes now and no glare problems. No different that following a car with a chrome bumper

Spyder Garage

I was looking for help from a member that has done the work, I have a manual but it is almost useless in describing the proceedure for removal, only what needs to be removed. The pictures suck and the drawings do not clearly show where the fasteners are.

Thanks
    Last edited by bluestratos; 09-30-2011 at 09:48 AM.