Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Not sure but I would guess an hour.
    Thanks Billy. That is a rough enough estimate for me to decide it will be less expensive than purchasing a new harnes for the 2016.

You guys are an amazing source of information

Spyder Garage

Default GPS not charging

Sorry to hijack the thread, but have not been able to find anything in the forum on the subject. I just purchased a 2013 RT-Ltd with the factory GPS. I have put the head unit into the cradle, GPS is low on battery, but the bike doesn't charge it. Looked at all of the fuses up front don't see any that would be the one for the GPS circuit. I would go back to dealer but they are useless. (Mike's Famous Harley Davidson in New London, CT). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reildeal View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but have not been able to find anything in the forum on the subject. I just purchased a 2013 RT-Ltd with the factory GPS. I have put the head unit into the cradle, GPS is low on battery, but the bike doesn't charge it. Looked at all of the fuses up front don't see any that would be the one for the GPS circuit. I would go back to dealer but they are useless. (Mike's Famous Harley Davidson in New London, CT). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Taking a stab at this one... if the wiring on the '13 is like the wiring on the '14 then the GPS is on the heated grip circuit. Are those working? Do you have a multimeter that you could use to test the circuit at the gps connection? Could it be dirty contacts at the cradle? My last bet would be, if the other answers are positive (Polly heaters work, power at the cradle and clean contacts) that the battery might be too dead to recharge. Did you get the full kit when you bought the RT or only the gps? IIRC, there is a charger available for the gps, it might be powered from a wall-wart (like my zumo55) or it might be off a USB connection (would have to refer to Garmin to be sure).

Just looked at page 37 of the owners manual, there are 12VDC auto chargers, USB and 120 VAC chargers available for the Zumo 660.

HTH

Pat
    Last edited by Spyder 42; 04-09-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Spyder Garage

Hi!.
    I recentlly changed the Garmin Zumo 660 for the 590 I had from VTX. Basically cause the maps of the EEUU are not usefull here in Europe.

I don't know anything about delivering to USA but if you are interested on it, please sent me a P.M.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the input, I actually took the head unit into the house and charged with AC adapter. I will troubleshoot the cradle for power issues (if there is one) May have just been so low on power that was not showing the charge. But for others information, i did locate a image of the PINOUT of the cradle to troubleshoot similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder 42 View Post
    Taking a stab at this one... if the wiring on the '13 is like the wiring on the '14 then the GPS is on the heated grip circuit. Are those working? Do you have a multimeter that you could use to test the circuit at the gps connection? Could it be dirty contacts at the cradle? My last bet would be, if the other answers are positive (Polly heaters work, power at the cradle and clean contacts) that the battery might be too dead to recharge. Did you get the full kit when you bought the RT or only the gps? IIRC, there is a charger available for the gps, it might be powered from a wall-wart (like my zumo55) or it might be off a USB connection (would have to refer to Garmin to be sure).

Just looked at page 37 of the owners manual, there are 12VDC auto chargers, USB and 120 VAC chargers available for the Zumo 660.

HTH

Pat

Spyder Garage

On a 2013 RT limited the GPS is factory installed. So it is powered by the radio. Not with the grips as mentioned above. Does the radio work? If yes. Then is the Garmin mount harness plugged into the radio? The connectors are located at about the the right rear of the fuel tank. There is also a inline fuse in the garmin harness in about the same location. Check the fuse.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The battery in the 660 is can be removed as well. Clean the contacts and reinstall or replace with a new one.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White