Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Melted 2010 orbital blue spyder, rest in peace bastrop texas

As some may know us, we lived in Bastrop Tx.. The wild fire got a little too close to us and we lost our beloved Spyder with only 10500 miles. she was a good steed and never had any issues. Sill had mods on the workbench just waiting for time to install.. Not only did we loose the spyder, we lost our home and everything in it... Hopefully when we are no longer homeless, we can provide a home to a new spyder in our life. I have really enjoyed all the great info from this site (great job Lamont!) and all the great contributers and friend we have made. Ryde safe ya'll..
    2010 RTac, Utopia backrest, spyder pops heat shield, KewlMetal grip endcaps, Gps mount, hmt tail lights, day ryders, siebel horn, Kohmo ast tire.. oh yeah wife of 25 years always on the back seat with q2 headset!Correction!!!!.. the Bastrop fires engulfed the poor spyder after 16000 fun filled miles. Now riding 2011 metalic RTS with nbv footpegs, heat shield, hmt with strobe, Utopia backrest, and the same wife of 25 years with g4 headsets.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Dave-so sorry to hear of your loss. No words can help with this much loss. My daughter and future son-in-law live in Elgin and was very concerned with all the fires around them. Again, I am so sorry and hopefully you will be back on your feet soon and Thank God you are safe. Things can be replaced, but your safety and that of your family is far more important. Good luck and keep us posted when you have a new Our thought and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

Spyder Garage

being a fire survivor myself I know it sucks. You have a crap load of emotions to deal with now and you will have a different mind set from now on (I am living in year 4 of recovery) but rest assured since you are all safe, you are sound. You will have new memories, there will be good times to come, and you will most assuredly ride again. Good luck and stay safe.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

Dave, "things" can be replaced..................just thankful that you and your family are safe and sound

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Dave, so sorry to hear that one of our Spyder Lovers family was so hard hit by the fires. It makes us realize that the fires were much more than an item on the news. They affected many, many people. We're happy you and your family are safe and look forward to hearing about your new when other things are taken care of!
    Dan

Spyder Garage

It is one thing to read about the fires, and hear the news guy call out a number telling how many homes have been burned, but it really doesn't hit home until one of the "family" is affected. So very sorry to hear of the loss of your Spyder, your home, and your everything. I'm glad you are able to look to the future already. I hope you can start to rebuild soon.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I can't imagine what you must be going through. I do know that "things" can be replaced. I'm thankful that's all you loss. If we can help in some way let us know.

Spyder Garage

So sorry to hear of your loss. Will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    So sorry to hear of your loss. Will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

So sorry to hear! At least you guys are around to tell us!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that you were a victim of the fires. Best of luck to you and your family in the rebuilding process.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Sorry to hear that you were a victim of the fires. Best of luck to you and your family in the rebuilding process.

Spyder Garage

Not to sound like a broken record with all the above. Stay safe.
    Aspydering Ryder
    subsisto inrideo amicitia

I may not be perfect but, I am Canadian, and that's close enough!

Spyder Garage

From NancysToy:
    It is one thing to read about the fires, and hear the news guy call out a number telling how many homes have been burned, but it really doesn't hit home until one of the "family" is affected. So very sorry to hear of the loss of your Spyder, your home, and your everything. I'm glad you are able to look to the future already. I hope you can start to rebuild soon.

+1
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Central Texas SpyderRiders wish you well

Glad you and yours are all well. I know that all of us in Central Texas grieve for the lost homes around us, There were 28 families in my company that lost theirs as well, hope you haveastrong support group around you.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My heart go'es out to y'all and all the others that have been in the path on the fires.....prayer to all

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

thank God you and family are safe...BUT it is very, very hard to deal with such loss. Prayers your way.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Mike

Youth is wasted on the young
    2007 Honda Goldwing
    1976 Kawasaki KZ-900
    2011 Blue RT SE-5

Spyder Garage

I can't imagine a disaster in which you lose everything but your life. Thank God you and your family survived.
    I wish you all the best as you put your lives back together. There have to be better days ahead for you and your family. Strength and courage to you all in the days ahead.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    I can't imagine a disaster in which you lose everything but your life. Thank God you and your family survived.
    I wish you all the best as you put your lives back together. There have to be better days ahead for you and your family. Strength and courage to you all in the days ahead.
    +2
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I agree with all above.

Pete

Spyder Garage

Default Backup

Of course, I agree with the above... I hope you get back into shape quickly.

Having said that, and allowing the geek in me to rise...

It's important to have your computer stuff, tax returns, photos, program data, spyder insurance papersork, etc backed up and off site!

For $50 or $60 a year, you'll never lose any precious data. I have my 1500+ photos on my iMac at home, my iPad at home or in my car, and on my iPhone in my pocket, and I still backup continually. As many of you know, I lost my wife a few months ago, and a lot of those pics in my pocket can NEVER be taken again!

[{< geek mode suspended >}]

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Spyder thread... :^)
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Spyder Garage

God Bless. All you can do is put your head down, your tail up, and go straight ahead!
    Best regards for a prompt resettlement!
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Getting a place to live tomorrow, so will have a home wanting and waiting for a spyder to enter the garage once again. Talking to formost and central texas powersports next week to see what may be in our future spyderwise. Hopefully we can work something out without costing me a fortune. I had just gotten the blue baby the way we wanted it too... Thanks for all the prayers ya'll ... This fire really was a bod one... destroyed about 1600 homes. Not just burned but totally to ashes, not a toothpick unburned. Really devastating to such a small community. But there are alot of folks worse off than we are, and we were insured pretty well I think... Lamont if you are thinking about a 2012 model, I may know a buyer for ya...lol
    2010 RTac, Utopia backrest, spyder pops heat shield, KewlMetal grip endcaps, Gps mount, hmt tail lights, day ryders, siebel horn, Kohmo ast tire.. oh yeah wife of 25 years always on the back seat with q2 headset!Correction!!!!.. the Bastrop fires engulfed the poor spyder after 16000 fun filled miles. Now riding 2011 metalic RTS with nbv footpegs, heat shield, hmt with strobe, Utopia backrest, and the same wife of 25 years with g4 headsets.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Replacement on it way

We have a 2011 rts on it's way to replace the 2010 blue spyder that we lost. Hopefully it will be as trouble free as our melted blue one. Changing to silver color and to the se so maybe this one can escape any fires in the future. Thanks for all the prayers ya'll. We can and will rebuild our home (but not in the forest) and rebuild our lives. I'm sure the new spyder will help things get back to normal!