Spyder Garage

Default First Major Issue, Spyder lost power on interstate.

History on Spyder, took it in at ~6700 for full service check and had all current Bulletins completed including the trottle body update. At the time of this issue 9-16(our first major one) the Spyder had ~7600 miles on it. We were driving on the interstate, it had been running for about 25 minutes by then anywhere from 55-70 mph and Spyder just lost all power. The engine continued to run but the trottle would not respond at all. The spyder geared down on it's own until it hit 3rd gear and then stayed there. We coasted to the side of the rode, shut off the spyder waited a few minutes and it started back up (Spyder in neutral now) and continued 5 miles to work. We had it towed to our local dealer and they said it had thrown 4 codes (I will try to get those from the dealer today). They said all the codes made it appear that the key some how was turned slightly off then back on again real fast. Ok, now the question anyone else have this issue? The dealer cleared the codes test rode it 4 different times and gave it back to us last Friday. We rode it ~230 miles on Saturday with the Ohio Spyder Ryders and it happened again on the way home. We did switch out the keys when it happened the second time, I always carry the spare. Don't know if it helped but didn't think it would hurt anything. After switching the key we got home fine. This is a little nerve racking never knowing when it will happen again. Any advice from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Spec's on our Spyder and mods are listed in my signature.
    The Girlz,
    2015 Red RT-S SE5
    2015 Denim Blue ST-Limited SE5
    Black 2010 RT-622

Spyder Garage

Not exactly like the issue I had--but similar. I had a frayed wire that was grounding out--expecially when wet. Dealer fixed--so far so good. They said it had to do with the coil--whatever that is. Remember, I am mechanically challanged.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It could be a bad ground or battery connection, bad or loose relay or a bad key but it should have shown a bad key code. My guess is a battery connection, I would start there.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks, will check that tonight

Thanks for the idea I will check that tonight.
    The Girlz,
    2015 Red RT-S SE5
    2015 Denim Blue ST-Limited SE5
    Black 2010 RT-622