Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Regarding our for Sale Thread

Hello Everyone,
    I have been gone for a bit. Things have been very busy in my life lately between work and some other things I am working on personally. Brian and I are doing well. We are healthy and happy. But it is with some regret that I am letting you all know that we are selling our Spyder's. They have been a huge part of our lives as have many of you. We truly enjoy the machines and there is no one thing that has happened to cause this sale. We have been contemplating this for some time. Just some priorities in life change sometimes and that is where we are at this time. I have loved being a part of this "family" and have enjoyed spending time and riding with so many of you. I will truly miss that about not having my Spyder any longer. There are no plans to replace the Spyder with any other ride at this time. I want to thank everyone for being such great people and tell you how much I will miss you. I am sure I will still check in from time to time. Thank you all again for being such a big part of my life for the past 3.5 years. Because of the Spyder and Spyderlovers I have been places and seen things in this country that I may not have seen or done and I am truly thankful for that. I am thankful for BRP as well. They have treated Brian and I very well and also have put on some great events. We have had the pleasure and honor of meeting many of folks at BRP that are responsible for our Spyder and all of these events. Thank you everyone.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Well I hate to hear that you're selling your Spyders but I know you have your reasons why. I'm betting there will be another Spyder in your future.

You know I love you guys and you better still show up to my BBQ even if it's is a cage. It just would be the same without you. If there's anything I can do for you please let me know. You are a very special couple.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You two will be missed a ton! I am so glad that I had the opportunity to ride with both of you. Please don't be strangers. And like I said in your for sale post please don't hesitate to call me if you ever need anything. Thanks for all the info you've provided and the hard work you've done to organize Michigan events.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Sometimes things happen that require tough decissions. Priorities have to be met, and we have to do things that we don't really want to. Our thought and prayers are with you both. You are still a family member so don't be a stranger.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the explanation. I'm sure it helped relieve a lot of speculative worry within the SpyderLovers community. It is with a heavy heart that we wish you well. You are going to be missed! Stop in here to say "Hello" from time to time. It would mean a lot to us. And as Lamont said...the BBQ wouldn't be the same without you. Please try to attend. Keep in touch...you have our number.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I am shocked, however I do understand. Just hope you all stay in touch on a regular basis. Remember we all are still Spyderlovers family.
    Happy Owner

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Deb and Brian, you will be sorely missed in this family. I'm sure you have your reasons for your decision to get rid of the Spyders. I truly hope that you will be able to accept Lamonts invitation for the BBQ, primarily, because you were a big part of it. Wishing you guys all the best!!

Spyder Garage

Deb and Brian, understand how life changes and we have to change with it. Sometimes the choices are easy, sometimes not. We gotta do what we gotta do. Just remember that y'all will always be part of the Spyderlovers family. Very grateful for the laughs we had together... And Lamont's BBQ will never be the same without y'all. Hope both are you will be able to make it.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We are going to miss you both. It as great riding in the Maggie Valley rain as well as the "3 lakes" rain. I think every time I get caught in the rain on the spyder I will think of you. Both of you were a big part in making me feel welcome in this community. Thanks for everything. Please keep in touch here on Spyderlovers.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I have not met you folks in person, but it is always sad to see somone in the "family" move on. Wishing you well in the future.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hey Deb and Brian! I haven't been on here in a while either. Totally understand - priorities change and that is why I sold my Spyder - I hated seeing it just sit in the garage not being used. I am enjoying being a passenger with Lou now because we didn't see much of one another being on opposite shifts so now is nice we can chat, listen to tunes together while we ride but we haven't ridden much this season - job stuff, we got a new dog and now another new dog so I am enjoying the heck out of that. Lou is back on days so we'll be seeing one another more but still, I'm gonna stay passenger when I ride. Yup, we met a ton of good people here - you guys being tops on the list! Enjoy your other activities and stay in touch

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Yup, we met a ton of good people here - you guys being tops on the list! Enjoy your other activities and stay in touch
    Wish you the BEST !!!

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Another generation 2008 is gone...outstanding friends and real ryders ....hope to see/hear from you.
    Debb: Can a Huligan ever break free?
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Now I am truly glad I went on the 3 Great Lakes trip. Getting to know you and spend time with you and Brian was lots of fun. I hope that someday soon you will be back on spyders and joining us all on rides again. God bless and take care, Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

I remember the first time we met, at Pontiac Lake, and all the other times we were part of other things Spyder. Sad to hear you're selling, please do keep in touch. Praying for good times, smooth roads, and many blessings for both of you.

john

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default WILL BE MISSED

Deb and Brian, I hope things work out for ya, I will never forget when we met, you guys were comming home from L A, and we met outside Omaha, and had a bite to eat, Then 18 months later, I went to SPYDERFEST 2, and you remembered me. THANKS and I'll never forget you guys,

Spyder Garage

Deb- Phil. 4:4

Thanks for you friendship and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

We are going to miss you both.Take care and God bless.

Spyder Garage

I was shocked to read this post but, just like everyone else, understand. Best wishes and I hope that you keep in touch with the Spyder family

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Deb and Brian in my heart you will always be part of the family.. I remember a few years back when the Mo Gang rode with you both through the state of MO on your way to CA, we had a coule spYders staged through out the state of MO and several members road with you both across our state... Hot as heck that day but I must admit that day we meet you in St. Louis it was our honor to follow you across our state.. Make a deal with you both,,,,the next time you come through MO let us know, the offer is still the same, I understand you could be in a cage however, it will give you the opportunity to jump back on a spYder while we ride in your cage... Take care to the both of you and the best of luck in your future plans... Miss ya guys...

X Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got nothing to say... it's already been said!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

So sorry to hear that you are selling your rYdes... but that doesn't mean you have to be strangers!!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Brian and Deb,
    You two were the first Spyder owners I met, about 9 months after I got mine...that day we did the rainy ride to Cleveland to drop off the SpyderLovers banner. It was the first time I'd ridden in pouring rain on the freeway. I was white-knuckled for the first 30 minutes or so, but I figured, if you two could go 85mph passing every car in sight , I should be OK.

I think I ran into you two at every Spyder event I went to after that.

Take care and don't be strangers.
    Mike

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Well I am truly shocked, I did not see this coming.

I was about to put out a missing person report on Deb because she hadn't posted on Spyderlovers since the 3 Great Lakes ride.

I understand your thinking though. I went through the same thing a couple of years ago with the snowmobiles. I didn't end up selling them because I enjoy it so much and the time I get to spend with my children while doing it. These decisions are had to make and I respect you both for the choice you made.

Brian & Deb, thank you for all of the work you put in on this site and organizing the Michigan rides.

​GO LIONS !!!
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"