Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Passenger armrest for 2011 RT

Has anyone installed a passenger armrest for RT ltd. If so where did you purchase it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Newsuan View Post
    Has anyone installed a passenger armrest for RT ltd. If so where did you purchase it
    I have a 2010 RT-S and purchased armrests from Corbin. My wife absolutely loves the armrests. I can't see why the 2011 would be any different installation wise than the 2010.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that you can download the installation instructions for them from Corbin's website... From what I've seen on here, it's a good idea to familiarize yourelf with them before pulling the trigger...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I have a 2010 RT-S and purchased armrests from Corbin. My wife absolutely loves the armrests. I can't see why the 2011 would be any different installation wise than the 2010.

Chris
    Is the armrest stationary or does it open to let the passenger in and then close.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is solidly mounted and does not pivot out fo the way...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It is solidly mounted and does not pivot out fo the way...
    Have Utopia driver backrest, do you foresee any problem with the wifey getting into passenger seat. She's 5'2 and not to swollen haha

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

... and not too swollen haha
    I hope that she's not aware of this site...

There are some folks here who've got both arm and backrests; you'll have to prod them into a response...

Spyder Garage

Have Utopia driver backrest, do you foresee any problem with the wifey getting into passenger seat. She's 5'2 and not to swollen haha
    You may want to have her sit on a Spyder with the Corbin arm rests already mounted before spending the time and money on installing them. I have the Corbin seat, trunkrest and driver backrest but opted not to install the arm rests. CanAm-Y (Amy) is about 5' 2" and she got a chance to sit on TicketBait's RT at Spyderfest. Because of her height her arms were too high on the arm rests making it uncomfortable and she could no longer easily access the RT passenger grab handles. Although they are of very good quality it would not have worked out for us.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

We have the Corbin armrests on our 2011 and my wife is 5'4" and only swollen up on top anyway, she loves them and I've ridden behind her and they fit me fine @ 5'10" and I am swollen all over -- built for comfort, not speed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    You may want to have her sit on a Spyder with the Corbin arm rests already mounted before spending the time and money on installing them. I have the Corbin seat, trunkrest and driver backrest but opted not to install the arm rests. CanAm-Y (Amy) is about 5' 2" and she got a chance to sit on TicketBait's RT at Spyderfest. Because of her height her arms were too high on the arm rests making it uncomfortable and she could no longer easily access the RT passenger grab handles. Although they are of very good quality it would not have worked out for us.
    Thanks a lot,I think you just saved me some money. I can use that for some other Mods. Didn't know this would be addictive

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retiredsquid View Post
    We have the Corbin armrests on our 2011 and my wife is 5'4" and only swollen up on top anyway, she loves them and I've ridden behind her and they fit me fine @ 5'10" and I am swollen all over -- built for comfort, not speed.
    Can you post a picture of the armrest??

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

That's exactly what ours look like. The arm rests also have the same Spyder thread pattern.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

the problem with the Corbins are the stupid screws on the one side which ruins the look.

they are for a cupholder which they have not even designed yet

also watch for tears in the fabric. I had mine less than 6 weeks and they are torn, since I live in Western Canada Corbin won't even talk to me about getting them fixed so am going to get them redone when I get my custon Day Rider seats next spring

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    the problem with the Corbins are the stupid screws on the one side which ruins the look.

also watch for tears in the fabric. I had mine less than 6 weeks and they are torn, since I live in Western Canada Corbin won't even talk to me about getting them fixed so am going to get them redone when I get my custon Day Rider seats next spring
    That's amazing. Simply amazing. I say that because Corbin replaced my entire seat for free, when the only problem was my backrest. Either I was having an awfully good day or you were having a bad one.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post

If you are going with a Russell, you might want to get in on this group buy. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=russell
    You can save at least 20%. BTW, I love my Russell on my GS/RS. Funny, you never see a Russell for sale on the "buy and Sell"section here. Wonder why
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

When I installed mine, I replaced all the hardware with sustantial stainless steel screws with fender washers. The hardware that came with it was pretty cheap.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715

Spyder Garage

Ordered my Corbin armests today with the subdued Blk/Gry Corbin embroidered logo vs the full color logo. Now have to wait two weeks.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stevedfive; 01-26-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Can the armrests be added without replacing the seat and/or Passenger backrest? In other words, will it still look good material matching wise?

Spyder Garage

The armrest are stand alone option and will look good with the stock backrest and seat. Just match stock material with the armrests .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Utopia passenger loading and unloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonz View Post

The Utopia backrest folds down nicely to allow passenger loading and driver ease of throwing leg over seat.

Spyder Garage

Default backrest

IMG_7797.jpg
    I couldn't make this picture larger. I hope this helps. Can e-mail one if larger is necessary. It is a Corbin.
    We all have an end to journey toward
    however
    what will matter most
    in the end
    was the journey

Spyder Garage

Default We love our Spyder

What do the arm rests look like? I looked at the Corbin seats. I took my seat and had it redone with better qaulity foam and better leather and my wife and I enjoy the much better comfort. Cost $160.00 We have a 2009 Roadster RT. After my back surgery sold my Victory thought that ended my bike riding. Then seen a Spyder tracked it down to my local Victory dealer. Took one for a demo ride and purchase ours new and w love it. Several crouch rockets are surpised how I keep up menuver and it's power. My friends get a kick when we are riding in the North Ga. mountains and the rocket boys deciide to pass and then all of a sudden they see me and my Spyder on their butts. Raced a 600 Suszuki and beat him. I have done a 400 foot burnout. Could have gone morre but ran out of parking lot. I am looking at the aftermarket turbo now i, just can't justify the price. My wife is now practicing with it to get her "M" License. Maybe we will have two in the future?

Spyder Garage

Default armrest is good for us

Here is an overhead view of the Corbin armrest. My wife is 5'2" and she loves them. We took a cross country trip last year and the armrest made her much more relaxed and secure. the original rest had her elbows back too far and was uncomfortable. They can be a challenge to install but if you are handy with hand tools and have a couple of hours you can do it. We are very satisfied with them.

click on pic to enlarge

IMG_0551.jpg
    Last edited by StanProff; 01-27-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Armests came today with the emblem blacked out and looks great! However, they added the spyder web design to the arms and so they have to go back .
    Corbin was very and will take care of the issue (mistakes happen). They were both professional and pleasant to deal with.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.