Spyder Garage

Default adjustable handlebars for the RT ?

started to think about my winter-work for my spyder RT ..

spoke with a friend (working in a metall-company) ..and he thinks its no problem to make a new adapter-plate for the handlebars/ key-holder .. where I can fix a standard "tube" .. or adjustable bars like this here .. will be a lot of work to protect all this cables .. but maybe someone here has any other ideas ( a sponsor?)

Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

When Harry at Heli first saw the RT he thought that he might make an adjustable handlebar for the RT. I spoke with his shop about a month ago and was told that at this time adjustable bars for the RT are not in the plan.

Spyder Garage

BTW I have a set of Horizon Handlebars on my 06 Streetglide. It is by far the best handlebar setup made.

Spyder Garage

I read an a product evalution in October Rider Magazine on the Horizon ST bars, for a Concours, interesting. I think the biggest problem would be extending the wiring for the extra height and pullback.

john

Spyder Garage

needed some time .. BUT if they do not fit on an ST - why should I change ??
    (and a pair of the new 15" wheels of the RS..)

576388_448695478507062_504052074_n.jpg563978_448695461840397_2094767807_n.jpg
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    needed some time .. BUT if they do not fit on an ST - why should I change ??
    (and a pair of the new 15" wheels of the RS..)

576388_448695478507062_504052074_n.jpg563978_448695461840397_2094767807_n.jpg
    I'm sure they will "fit" but there may be some cosmetic reasons they are not offered for the ST now.

Why should you change?, maybe you shouldn't but from the ground up the whole Spyder lineup as been changed and I hope soon I can share some of those changes with you, if not your dealer has that info available to him now if he knows where to look.

Spyder Garage

the news need a while till the reach the alps in europe ..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm liking the fact that the picture says, "2013 and prior..."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

That's for the adjustable lower wings.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    That's for the adjustable lower wings.
    And handlebars

Spyder Garage

Ok, my bad. I thought the pic he was referring to was of the adjustable wings ($149.99 Clear and $189.99 Chrome)
    Last edited by stevedfive; 09-29-2012 at 06:50 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Extending wiring

Be very crefull when making the multiconductor cables longer. I did that on my SE5 and all went well as the first 2 cables' wires were color coded. So when I went to do the third cable extension I just cut it in half knowing thinking there would be separate wire colors. But this wasn't so. I found two black colored wires and three blue colored wires. There was no way to tell which went where. I took it to the shop and they had 3 different drawings showing different colored wires. I ended having to buy a new control with its plug and then one by one I made the extensions. Your solution would be to NOT to cut the cable in half but rather attack one wire (conductor) at a time as the color coding might not exist. Arthur---Mexico City

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    I read an a product evalution in October Rider Magazine on the Horizon ST bars, for a Concours, interesting. I think the biggest problem would be extending the wiring for the extra height and pullback.

john