Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Just another FYI

I just got off the phone with a member here that's going to be streaming a live internet show on a weekly basis about everything Spyder so he says. He's a local guy and has been working on this for the last 8 months but this is the first I've heard of it. He PMed me to ask about promoting it on the site and I asked what was in it for us. Short answer is this is not a paid show so there is no advertisement, I was hoping to get some promotion for the site but that has not been offered. I'm sure the link will show up here sooner or later so I just want you to know this has nothing to do with this our website even though he's calling the show Spyderlovers TV.

I'm not to happy that he's using the name I came up with back in July of 2007. I don't know how you see it but to me that's building on another mans foundation.

Spyder Garage

I think so.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

Lamont, ..can you register the Spyderlovers name with State?...in WA state we can register business/co. names and if used there is an infringement injunction...something to consider...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Angry

Based on the info you provided, it sounds like an opportunist trying to hitch his wagon to a Rockstar....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Lamont, ..can you register the Spyderlovers name with State?...in WA state we can register business/co. names and if used there is an infringement injunction...something to consider...
    No reason to allow someone else to build on something you created. Worse yet, no reason to allow someone else to potentially harm the goodwill and good reputation you have established under the Spyder Lovers name.
    Dan

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I just got off the phone with a member here that's going to be streaming a live internet show on a weekly basis about everything Spyder so he says.
    And he's STILL a member ?

You have the power.

Handle it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Imitation is the best for of compliment ??? OK well enough of my parents talking here . I agree with above and that I think thats its crap dude wants to take YOUR though/creation , Unless you get some kick back . I think we need to make him an offer he cant refuse ;P ( sorry I watched the godfather the other day ). Although the free advertisement might be good for your website !!!

arntufun

I understand he will not be running advertisment ad's on his show but a background set banner will do the trick. Maybe you should make contact with him again and try to pitch that idea and send him a banner. That way it will be a win/win for both partys. He gets to promote here and you there.

I like the idea of a streaming show, but not under these circumstances.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lamont....he is a local guy here in East Tn and told me he was doing this about 6 months ago, but I didn't think he was serious. I think it is terrible he is using the SyderLover name and you should stop him. There is only ONE Spyderlover and YOU are it!!!!!! It's not right for him to use your good name for his own advancement. IMHO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Perhaps, but didn't someone 'borrow' the "Spyder" portion of their 2007 idea from somewhere else?

Strikes me as being the same thing..............
    Nope. I've been building club websites for 12 years now. If you're talking about SpyderTalk Marc did have a site built off of his DooTalk site before me but I never saw the site till after I started Spyderlovers. I placed my order for a Spyder that same month.

Spyder Garage

You should check into copyrightng the web site name--or register with the state as someone has suggested.

It is downright wrong for someone to steal what you have built up.

When I lived in Duluth MN--many years before the Burger King chain of restaurants--there was a drive in called Nicks Burger King.

When Burger King came out--they bought him out--he ended up with his own Burger King chain restaurant. I am guessing he had his business name established and they could not infringe unless "they did it his way"
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-06-2011 at 12:52 AM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I just got off the phone with a member here that's going to be streaming a live internet show on a weekly basis about everything Spyder so he says. He's a local guy and has been working on this for the last 8 months but this is the first I've heard of it. He PMed me to ask about promoting it on the site and I asked what was in it for us. Short answer is this is not a paid show so there is no advertisement, I was hoping to get some promotion for the site but that has not been offered. I'm sure the link will show up here sooner or later so I just want you to know this has nothing to do with this our website even though he's calling the show Spyderlovers TV.

I'm not to happy that he's using the name I came up with back in July of 2007. I don't know how you see it but to me that's building on another mans foundation.

I think he is hanging on your coattails and going along for the ride that you started. Not respectable imho

Thanks arntufun!
    Lisa K
    Work is needed to pay for living, but living is being on a Spyder.

My ride: A new to me, 2008 Spyder SM5 (PE #649)
    Her name: Foxy
    Her Mods: Fog Light Kit, Extra Brake Lights, Caliper Trim Kit, DIY Hands free trunk release,
    DIY air management, Grip Puppies
    , BRP back rest, RoadKrome Sturgis Hard bags, Hot Flame Wrap and Tiger Shark Face by Powersportswrap.com

Spyder Garage

If he's here local...I say we go meet with him and SUGGEST that he do what Lamont says...Or else
    Local guy -----> <------Lamont (the true Spyderlover)
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Spyder Garage

Whole heartedly.

Todd&Cat

Quote Originally Posted by joe schmoe View Post
    If he's here local...I say we go meet with him and SUGGEST that he do what Lamont says...Or else
    Local guy -----> <------Lamont (the true Spyderlover)
    Or else what Joe?

Spyder Garage

I don't get how this guy wants to use Spyderlovers TV and not atleast help improve the website by atleast some sort of advertisement of banner/plug? Apparently its not to promote the Spyder but some other agenda?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Spyderlovers is Lamont's....this guy...I hope he's a stand up guy and do the right thing...

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Lamont, I agree, he should at least have your website banner as a back drop.

AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

200% and this not OK

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Copywrite

Lamont, Get your Spyderlover title copywrited. Then you can sue this guys axx off----but you will have to pay the lawyer.
    There's no easy way out.
    Arthur---Mexico City

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    I think you missed my point...... SPYDERlovers borrowed the 'Spyder' from the company that coined the name/unique spelling. Adding 'lovers' to the end of it is hardly original.

'Spyderlovers TV' strikes me as a similar use of a borrowed brand name.....
    It original enough that I was able to claim it in 2007. That name was not my first choice, I wanted SpyderRiders but it was taken, as a matter of fact there wasn't a whole lot that wasn't taken seeing the Spyder name was used in the car market way before Can Am used it, it's also used for paintball guns. If you don't think there was a reason he used that name then I don't know what to tell you.

Spyder Garage

He has some pretty big shoes to fill using that name to say the least..

X-Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, I won't watch it!

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

In the other thread "Spyders.TV" he is naming the show Spyder TV. Maybe he changed the name? Still I don't think it's ethical to promote another site hear even if it's supposed to be non-profit.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White