Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Hauling my Spyder

Behind my motorhome, that is. Complete transformation from 9 years of carrying a BMW R1200 on a lift on the back of the motorhome and towing a Subaru behind that to this: Spyder on a TandemTow trailer and Honda FIT on the rear car dolly part of the trailer. Did the first loading today. Even though the deck is only 13" high, still had to prop up the outer two ramps as the front plastic would have hit the center ramp. (Used 3 ramps instead of a big one as the big one when raised would lean inward and cut down on width needed for the Spyder's length across-wise.) Backing off was ok except for a nut like thingy on the lowest point of the exhaust pipe just barely missing the edge of the center ramp. Will have to keep an eye on that and maybe prop up the center ramp for unloading.
    So completes the Summer of Spending My Kids' Inheritance project. P1000469.JPGP1000467.jpg
    David Horn, Kerrville, TX
    Fulltime RVer
    2014 Phaeton 40ft motorhome w/TandemTow trailer
    2014 Mazda CX5 (Soul Red)
    Ringo, the travelin' canine (just black and tan)

Spyder Garage

That's a heck of rig! You may want to take your load test one step further and ratchet strap the Spyder wheels to the trailer to make sure all works well before you head out.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Yes, yes, yes. I took the pics before I worked on the various ways of tieing down the Spyder. The trailer has 12 different places to attach tiedowns. Front wheels of the FIT have their own tiedown straps.
    Fulltime RVer

Spyder Garage

Slick rig! Where there's a will, there's a way.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I see a motorhome with a garage and lift in your future

Spyder Garage

Don't think so Doug. The one motorhome with a garage I've seen is a mid-engine. This means in spite of the "garage" storage, you loose all sorts of basement storage and as a fulltimer, I need all the space below the floor that I can get. Doubt if the garage would make up for the loss of basement.
    Fulltime RVer