Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Taking Back fender off .......so who has done it ????

Time to get rid of the back fender .......Any Tips and or Pics from anyone that has done it ???

Thanks

scot

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

RT or RS?

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Both my husband and I have ours off. Will try to get photos later. I am at work now and unable.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Took mine off after the Chicago trip last year. Had to duct tape the fender to the supports to get home. After I had to pay to replace the broken support I said forget it and took the fender off.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

our new spyder is a 2010 ( really its the wife's I just like doing mods to it ) all white limted RSS ...she picked the white over the black one says it looks more like a girl bike so I wont ride it ( yea right this thing is a blast ) not like my street glide but fun to zip around on .....

Thanks for any pics you guys might have ....

Scot

Spyder Garage

First mod I did when I brought the Spyder home was remove that silly rear fender.
    Here are some fender pix. Sorry they are sideways. Dropbox is removing the exdif photo information and flipping my pictures around.

Photo Jun 25, 6 28 58 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 25, 6 29 07 PM.jpgPhoto Jun 25, 6 29 19 PM.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default license plate

I want to do this but how is everyone mounting the license plate after removing?

Spyder Garage

I purchased a Hot Bodies fender eliminator kit for a street bike from cycle gear (its a motorcycle chain store across the country).

I think I paid $20 or $30 bucks for mine. There are different styles. I don't remember which one I purchased but it basically came with an ABS plastic plate holder that can bolt upside down to the back of a motorcycle. Also comes with bolts to secure the license plate that also light up.

Here is a sample URL of one of their products:
    http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...T_50801-1001_G

Like I said.. I don't know if that is the exact one.. I just picked up whatever was in the store at the time that could be mounted to the underside of the spider. I wired up the license plate lights to the rear lights on the spider. Also used a heat gun to slightly bend the license plate up more

Spyder Garage

I love how this computer I'm on keeps spell checking Spyder as Spider for me .. sigh..

Spyder Garage

Default Try this

www.spyderryders.net.au go to the tips and tricks tab and check out what a guy in Australia has done.
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Default Fenders

Doesn't stuff hit you in the back without the rear fender there?

Y

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sealerscot, you don't mention what luggage racks, if any, that you have installed. It makes a difference as you will want to protect your passenger from getting wet.My ryde has Givi side bags and topcase on an Ind7 rack and these act as a substitute fender. I used plated 1x 1/4 flatbar for the arm and stiffener plate, a laundry tub drain hose for the wiring channel and LED plate bolt lights from Custom Dynamics. Plate frame I had to get locally as BC has oddball sized tags. Connections into plate illumination LED (white) and plate brake LED (red) via Posi-taps. I made sure the plate was low enough not to obscure the stock brake lights , yet well clear of the rear wheel, Hope this helps.spyder side.jpgPlate closeup 2.jpggivi mount 1.jpgplate wiring 1.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y-me View Post
    Doesn't stuff hit you in the back without the rear fender there?

Y
    Actually.. no.
    The plate eliminator sticks out enough to catch some stuff that comes up. For some reason I never have debris kick back onto me. Im not sure if it has to due with the speed I'm going or what..

Maybe in rain it does but then again in the middle of a thunderstorm I'm not really looking over my shoulder to see if I'm getting spray on me when I'm already getting flooded from above

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Nice ...Thanks Motavar
    looks good ....Im with you on the t storm stuff ...it rains a little bit here in seattle..... rooster tails are cool ...thats what cars have wipers for ...

thanks for the info