I have a 2008 SE5 RS Spyder ( original owner ) and I love it !! But back in April/May of this year it started acting up a little ... it doesn't happen every day ... I just don't know when it will happen but now it seems to be happening more often
I can start no problem ... but then it won't go into gear ... if it is in Neutral .. it won't go into Reverse or 1st. If for some reason I have forgotten to put it in N before I turn it off, it will start in that gear & not go into Neutral or any other gear
I have taken it to North County House of Motorcycle shop ( where I purchased it ) and they are trying to do whatever BRP says to try ... so far a new GPS - a new Computer Tansmission Module ( that cost me over $300.00 because I don't have a good extended maintenance serice contract which is my fault) and the latest last week was check the wire harnessing & re-solder ... it still does it from last Wednesday when they did the solder untill today it has done it twice, even at the NCHM Saturday when I stopped to tell them it did it again

What I do to get her to work is .. turn it off, " ROLL it forward about 4 feet .. ROLL it back the 4 feet " then turn the key etc & start her up again .. believe it or not it now will shift. They tell me it has nothing to do with the 'rolling' but hey it works for me and calms me down because .... not being able to ride home scares the crap out of me

Any have any ideas ? Anyone else have anything like this ? I didn't see anything on the search

I have called and left a phone message on the BRP customer Service but no call back yet ... I will call again but just am hoping for some feedback