View Poll Results: Dates you can make(you can pick more than one)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sept 17

11 55.00%
  • Oct 1

10 50.00%
  • Oct 15

12 60.00%
  • Oct 29

7 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Official Plans

IA/IL riders will be meeting at the Shell station off of I-80 and Brady street in Davenport on Saturday September 17th at 9:30. They will leave by 9:50 and take the Great River Road north to Dubuque.

WI/MN riders will meet in La Crosse. Paula and a few others are riding to LaX on friday. I too will probably do that. On saturday we will meet Troy and everyone at the La Crosse Family Restaurant for breakfast and hit the road around 9:30/10:00. We will be taking 35 to Prairie Du Chien. Cross over to IA and take the Great River Rd (56-52-9) to Dubuque.

Jeff (jjw SpyderRider) will meet us ALL in Dubuque. He will also be riding up to LaX to spend the night. Here should be more than enough riders heading that way for him to hook up with.

Houlihans -1801 Greyhound Park Drive, Dubuque, IA 52001 will be out meeting place. We should meet there by 1:00 at the latest. I would like the groups to take their time. Make a few more stops than you normally would and just enjoy the ride.

If the start times are too early for some of you further away riders, let me know. We can always leave a little later. PM me if you have any other questions.

If you need to reach me during this trip call my cell @ 920-915-9301

Hope to see all of you there

Thanks
    John
    Last edited by jvicker; 09-12-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Spyder Garage

1 week to go. I cant wait If there is anyone that still needs info on La Crosse let me know.

Any idea on how many are meeting in La Crosse to start the ride? I want to call The Family Restaurant and ensure our reservation. They do tend to get busier on Saturday mornings.
    Also for those of you that are staying in La Crosse Friday or Saturday, there are some great things going on inthe area including Applefest right across the river in La Crescent, MN.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TLesky View Post
    1 week to go. I cant wait If there is anyone that still needs info on La Crosse let me know.

Any idea on how many are meeting in La Crosse to start the ride? I want to call The Family Restaurant and ensure our reservation. They do tend to get busier on Saturday mornings.
    Also for those of you that are staying in La Crosse Friday or Saturday, there are some great things going on inthe area including Applefest right across the river in La Crescent, MN.
    I plan on staying in La Cross on Saturday night. Are you returning to La Cross on Saturday taking the Great River Road on the IA/MN side? I may have to check out the Applefest as I pass through La Crescent. I will be following the east side of the river on my return trip Sunday. I will be working on my plans this weekend and post the final route once done.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Butch and I will be there. We are planning on coming down on Friday (4 hours to LaCrosse for us), thanks for the heads up on the activities in the area. --Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Default Route to Dubuque and home from La Cross

On plan on leaving home about 10:00 and head to Monroe, WI then to Shullsburg, WI. Stop for a break and gas in Shullsburg, only 70 miles but 1:45 minutes. Then off to the races.

Going to La Cross I will follow the Great River Road north to Marquette, IA for a short break, 60 miles, 1-1/2 hours. Head to New Albin for a photo going into MN. Then on to La Cresent, MN for the Applefest. I will be staying at the HIExpress in La Cross.

Our route home on Sunday: Leave about 9:00 and head to Prairie du Chien. This is about 1-1/2 hours ride. Visit Fort Crawford where they are having “Cannons at the fort”. Looks like a good place to spend a few hours. Stop for lunch before heading to Madison via Hwy 18. Stop for gas, a snack and something to drink at about Dodgeville, about 1-1/2 hours, 117 miles. Make an ice cream stop at Culvers in Edgerton before heading home.

Looks to be a total of about 10.5 hours and 436 miles of riding .

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButchA2025 View Post
    Butch and I will be there. We are planning on coming down on Friday (4 hours to LaCrosse for us), thanks for the heads up on the activities in the area. --Paula
    Where are you staying? Seth is still working on getting off of work Friday. If he comes down we were going to share a room. Waiting to see if he's coming before I reserve a room.

Do you still have a few friends coming? The more the marrier.

Maybe we can all meet up Friday night somewhere to discuss route.

Can't wait. Weather looks like it will be great.
    Last edited by jvicker; 09-12-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    On plan on leaving home about 10:00 and head to Monroe, WI then to Shullsburg, WI. Stop for a break and gas in Shullsburg, only 70 miles but 1:45 minutes. Then off to the races.

Going to La Cross I will follow the Great River Road north to Marquette, IA for a short break, 60 miles, 1-1/2 hours. Head to New Albin for a photo going into MN. Then on to La Cresent, MN for the Applefest. I will be staying at the HIExpress in La Cross.

Our route home on Sunday: Leave about 9:00 and head to Prairie du Chien. This is about 1-1/2 hours ride. Visit Fort Crawford where they are having “Cannons at the fort”. Looks like a good place to spend a few hours. Stop for lunch before heading to Madison via Hwy 18. Stop for gas, a snack and something to drink at about Dodgeville, about 1-1/2 hours, 117 miles. Make an ice cream stop at Culvers in Edgerton before heading home.

Looks to be a total of about 10.5 hours and 436 miles of riding .

If this is your plan. I think the LaX group will take the WI side down so we can all enjoy the IA,MN side back up with you.

McGone from IA may be heading up to spend the night in LaX also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jvicker View Post
    If this is your plan. I think the LaX group will take the WI side down so we can all enjoy the IA,MN side back up with you.

McGone from IA may be heading up to spend the night in LaX also.
    That would be great! I've added a trip up to the Bluffs Sunday morning before heading home.

My new plugs from Bajaron are on their way so when I get home from DC today I can start to put my Spyder back together. Hope I get right .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    That would be great! I've added a trip up to the Bluffs Sunday morning before heading home.

My new plugs from Bajaron are on their way so when I get home from DC today I can start to put my Spyder back together. Hope I get right .
    Depending on which bluff you are planning on seeing, this may be a problem. The main access road to Grandads bluff is closed due to washout, and the alternative was closed earlier this summer. Not sure if that one is open or not. I wil try to find out. There is a nice alternative on the Minnesota side if you cant get to it,

Spyder Garage

Depending on which bluff you are planning on seeing, this may be a problem. The main access road to Grandads bluff is closed due to washout, and the alternative was closed earlier this summer. Not sure if that one is open or not. I wil try to find out. There is a nice alternative on the Minnesota side if you cant get to it,
    Thanks for the info. I was planning on going to the state park on the MN side about 18 miles north of LaX. I was on the state parks web site and did not seeing anything but in truth was not looking for closures. It looked like a good place to get some photos.

See you this weekend!

Spyder Garage

JPV thanks for puting this ride on I have posted our photos at the link below and on Shutterfly. Long ride home but we stopped at the Moose Jaw for dinner and saw that Marley's has a new location on hwy 12 right off I-90.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=1672

http://spydertimes.shutterfly.com/pictures/312