Spyder Garage

Default New Corbin-Yea .. missed Syder Redwoods Ryde-Boo/Hiss

Yesterday I did ride-in build with Corbin..first let me say Corbin's is a class act ...Freddy & Julio were my "main" guys...and they know their product and what customer is all about. Then there are the amazing folks (and I did not get their names but without them there would be no Corbin's going out the door)..that cut, sew, build, etc etc etc to create a VERY high quality product. Oh yea, do I like my new seat...... My goal yesterday was when I left Corbin with a big grin on my face...just the fuel door alone was worth the price in my book (ahhh no more having to remove my passenger or luggage stored there on my long trips---SWEET that is)...anyway I had checked Mapquest and getting to Eureka to join up with the Spyders in the Redwoods event was definitely doable..I left Corbin/Hollister about 1:30...mapquest says shy of 7 hrs...heck with fuel, water in/water out..add an hour...easy into Eureka very latest 10 p.m. Didn't make it until 10 a.m. today...what went wrong? Karyl made a "minor" change!!! Says to self..heck I'd rather run 1N and go over Golden Gate Bridge..can't slow me down that much. understatement of the decade. First took me 1 1/2 hrs. to get over GGB...oh yea, quitting time traffic...now highway 1 is sooooo worth it...awesome twisties, awesome scenary...just plain awesome....awesome sunset I just had to stop and watch..but all that awesomeness comes with a price..it takes time!!! Also, add to that the fact that fuel stops are few and far between and this time of year don't wait until 9 p.m. to try and find a motel. Why? Cause there ain't any!!! Finally found a room at Fort Bragg at 11 p.m.....oh yea, the Corbin still feeling GREAT on the butt...but it did nothing for the muddled brain function and eyes that don't like DARK ...did make comment that wow it gets really dark when sun goes down...few miles down road handed by self a "stupid" sign: note to me--take off sunglasses when sun goes down!! Now I am the ryder who likes to pay no more than $50 for a motel..well last night my nightly average went out the door BIG TIME...found 1 room in Ft. Bragg...it was sort of like that front desk lady could have named any price and I would have gladly handed her the plastic...well $100 later...I entered room at 11:10 p.m. Hit the bed 11:12 and was out by 11:12:02....woke up 6:15 saying I can still make the ryde...hurry hurry..now there is no hurry, hurry on 1...but I'm thinking this is early all those tourists in all those motel rooms they beat me to last night aren't even up yet. I was soooo right but who was up were the loaded logging trucks and hiway construction crews that were enjoying the one way control of traffic...also have learned that Ms Spyder loves to take a "normal" hiway curve at 10-12 above posted...on 1 - maybe 5-7 and if the curve sign doesn't have a mph posted...figure 10 mph max!!! Then I finally accepted that I wasn't going to make the ryde...so my as well enjoy the one the Good Lord had given me this moment...got a great laugh when I went around a tight corner and here sitting on side of road, literally side by side, were 2 vultures - phew they are not only butt ugly but they STINK..must be their choice of diet...anyway I laughed and said sorry the report you got about crazy spyder ryding lady pushing her luck to get to ryde was WRONG...so no free lunch from my bones!!!! Well, I am here...the ryde went without me...I am going to take a nap and join up with fellow spyder ryders for dinner...and closing stuff.... Was the Corbin and hiway 1 ryde worth it.
    Last edited by murphybrown; 08-03-2011 at 03:29 PM.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Glad you like your Corbin. After putting about 1K miles on my Spyder since installing my Corbin seat I can honestly say that this is my best mod. (Second being the Elka front shocks.)
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    Glad you like your Corbin. After putting about 1K miles on my Spyder since installing my Corbin seat I can honestly say that this is my best mod. (Second being the Elka front shocks.)
    Amen. Well perhaps in reverse order.

Spyder Garage

Love your blogs and I'm glad you like your seat.
    I love mine. Did you get the Lamonster cut?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Love your blogs and I'm glad you like your seat.
    I love mine. Did you get the Lamonster cut?
    Nope on the Lamonster cut....Freddy & Julio's input was the deciding factor...they factored in how I sit...the age of one knee (old and achy on occasion)...and so it is!!!!!! Now I just say I know the REAL Lamont!!!!! Just don't have him under my butt
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default OMG Love the humor

Nope on the Lamonster cut....Freddy & Julio's input was the deciding factor...they factored in how I sit...the age of one knee (old and achy on occasion)...and so it is!!!!!! Now I just say I know the REAL Lamont!!!!! Just don't have him under my butt

That was too funny!!!!
    If you lost your virginity, do you still have the box it came in?

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108
    My Mods- Corbin Seat, Homemade exhaust, Kury ISO Grips, ISCI passenger floorboards, TRIC LEDS, Evoluzione o2 mod

Spyder Garage