Thread: Stallion Trikes

Spyder Garage

Default Stallion Trikes

Wow. I have heard mention of these, but never saw one. It's only $28,000 for the base unit.LOL. It even has heat and a/c. I see it's a Ford 2300cc engine. I would think you would be rather cramped inside this. It's motorcycle, car , trike etc. Very interesting, but the Spyder is much more open. Maybe next year they will add a roof and a/c to the Spyder.

Gordon
    p.s. I thought the was different. Dig this one. LOL

The website for these Stallions is: thoroughbred-motorsports.com or lookup Stallion Trikes.
    Last edited by Motogordo; 08-03-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: adding a website address

Spyder Garage

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default here you go!

Spyder Garage

Default stallion

my friend has had one for two years. He has a wopping 7K on it. it has been in the shop more than it has bee on the road. He has had problems with overheating and cruise control not to mention all the electrical problems. seems they use the same switches tat the cars use. the problem is on the cars the switches are inside the car. on the stallion they are exposed and were never ment to be exposed to water. so i guess if you never get it wet, it will last a long time (electrical that is).
    his unit cost 38K. everthing on it is an option. in the rain much of the water is directed onto the passenger.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Default Stallion Trikes

Quote Originally Posted by poorboy1942 View Post
    my friend has had one for two years. He has a wopping 7K on it. it has been in the shop more than it has bee on the road. He has had problems with overheating and cruise control not to mention all the electrical problems. seems they use the same switches tat the cars use. the problem is on the cars the switches are inside the car. on the stallion they are exposed and were never ment to be exposed to water. so i guess if you never get it wet, it will last a long time (electrical that is).
    his unit cost 38K. everthing on it is an option. in the rain much of the water is directed onto the passenger.

Bob
    I agree with what you said. I saw those comments on the customer testimonials, especially where the wife said all the water from the windshield drips on the drivers leg. Of course, we are back to a trike and not a CanAm ,so obviously they don't handle the same. However, they are different, just as the CanAm is different. If all of us buy one of those also, then we will have everything except maybe a boat or plane. LOL
    Gordon
    Last edited by Motogordo; 08-04-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: puncuation

Spyder Garage

It looks like they made a lot of changes on the.entry/exit part. The one I drove you see only a small part of body in front. I did not care for pedal set up, but to each their own.
    The last I knew, the 28K was a very base version, no A/C, heat and lots of other things. I will stay with My Spyder.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well it's pretty.. . After hearing about some of the "gremlins" though, I'm not sure if I'd put my trust in it just yet... Give them some time though!
    After checking out their website, I realized that you could actually get an MX5 Miata for less money... and have more car!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 08-04-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Stallion was built in Troup, TX by Motor Trike. It had a Ford 4 cyl engine, which is no longer available. They do not make Stallions now, hoping to get a replacement engine of some sort. At our Texas Trike Reunion, two or three came in from Florida and seemed to enjoy their machines.

As rain overspray was a problem as mentioned here, they developed a "windshield" for the passenger. Not sure how it worked and never saw one. I am not too sure a lot of Stallions are in our future.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.