Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Cool Questions answered

Quote Originally Posted by Pampurrs View Post
    What is "Girls on Spyders" about? Just wondering. What do you get there that you don't get on SpyderLovers or any of the Spyder Facebook groups?

I'm not being cynical, just curious

Pam
    Pam, with this (GOS) being a ladies only FB page, many women feel more comfortable asking questions regarding their Spyder than they don't on an open forum. We have also become a big family. A couple of years ago, I took my first long solo ride that I called my Meet My Systers Adventure. I was on the road almost a month riding from city to city, and visiting and sometimes even staying with dozens of these nice ladies that I had never met in person. We rode, we chatted, we laughed. I made many lifetime friends. It was a trip that I will never forget of over 3500 miles. This year I took a ride out to Colorado from Florida (6500 miles) and it was an amazing experience. All of this happened, because of GOS and another Facebook page, FEMS (Females Enjoying Motorcycling on Spyders).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dentin028 View Post
    Hello ladies,

I did the group on facebook Girls on Spyders. Any of you that want to join look for it and I'll add you as soon as I see it. I'm happy to see this forum here as well. Or look for Leira Del Toro on facebook and let me know.
    I joined but no reply from you yet!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Naben View Post
    I joined but no reply from you yet!
    Still no reply. My FB name is different than my name on this site. How do I reply?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Naben View Post
    Still no reply. My FB name is different than my name on this site. How do I reply?
    A few posts back she said to send her a Facebook message. Her name is Janie Ryon Harper.
    Wife has a 2014 ST-L
    2014 ST Limited , Silver Platinum Satin

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New to Spyders, riding, and all

Hi, I saw this post and requested to join the Facebook group. Might be easier to get answers to questions from other female riders then try to read through hundreds of posts here looking. Look for the name Shauna C. Thanks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I am new here and haven't even picked up my Spyder yet but she will be coming home this weekend!! I have sent a request to join the GOS fb page but have not heard back yet. I don't have pics up yet cause, well, cause she isn't home yet. My fb name is Cindy Lou. Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shaunac23 View Post
    Hi, I saw this post and requested to join the Facebook group. Might be easier to get answers to questions from other female riders then try to read through hundreds of posts here looking. Look for the name Shauna C. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by merr View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am new here and haven't even picked up my Spyder yet but she will be coming home this weekend!! I have sent a request to join the GOS fb page but have not heard back yet. I don't have pics up yet cause, well, cause she isn't home yet. My fb name is Cindy Lou. Thanks!
    to both of you! I don't administer the BOS FB page, so I can't help with that. It could be that the people who do that are on their way home from SpyderFest or are still unpacking, etc.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default join?

I just requested to join!

Spyder Garage

Default Ladies East Coast Chapter/Spyder Ryders of America

Hi everyone,

My friend, Sara, 4uising (on this forum), is starting up an east coast chapter for Ladies National Chapter through Spyder Ryder's of America (http://www.spyderryderofamerica.com/...ional-chapter/). We are still in the infant stages and are mostly in the Northern Virginia area but we hope to expand and create a FB page.
    2019 F3T , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default G.O.S. Facebook........still waiting ...... SUZIESPYDER Please friend me Leira

Got email reply from Facebook, but still waiting for registration to get on.figured people were on vacation, but I am looking forward to join in with the other girls.thanks......Suziespyder

Spyder Garage

Default Enjoy GOS

I enjoy GOS and spyderlovers equally. As a new spyder owner I enjoy learning as much as I can from others.

I have met one person here who is a lifeline for me ... hope to meet him and his wife someday as they only live an hour away.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Got on FB page, but still waiting since mid July for website page approval

Quote Originally Posted by Dentin028 View Post
    Hello ladies,

I did the group on facebook Girls on Spyders. Any of you that want to join look for it and I'll add you as soon as I see it. I'm happy to see this forum here as well. Or look for Leira Del Toro on facebook and let me know.

Also how can I get GOS t shirts ?...
    love GOS FB !! Thanks for starting it

Spyder Garage

Default SHIRTS

Quote Originally Posted by Suziespyder View Post
    Also how can I get GOS t shirts ?...
    love GOS FB !! Thanks for starting it
    Look in the pinned post at the top of the page on FB ... there is a link for the store.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default newbe

Hello everyone just put name in on your facebook site Donnar hubby said join here as well. I've been riding 2 wheels for years, my husband traded his and my motorcycle on a 17 f-3 limited. After riding on the back i decided i'd like my own so we bought a 2014 RSS with 194 miles on the odometer, i really love it. I posted on his site for now. Anybody going to Lamonts Spyder rally in Springfield/Nixa Mo rally 14-17 Sept 17
    Last edited by sylvester; 09-08-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sylvester View Post
    Hello everyone just put name in on your facebook site Donnar hubby said join here as well. I've been riding 2 wheels for years, my husband traded his and my motorcycle on a 17 f-3 limited. After riding on the back i decided i'd like my own so we bought a 2014 RSS with 194 miles on the odometer, i really love it. I posted on his site for now. Anybody going to Lamonts Spyder rally in Springfield/Nixa Mo rally 14-17 Sept 17
    on your new RSS! I'm not going to Lamont's even this year, but you will love it if you go.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I just sent a request to join! Looks like my kind of group!
    Live Laugh Love 💞

Spyder Garage

Default girls on sptyders

the wife signed up for this website a few weeks ago and already forgot her sign on but tonight I got her to sign up for the ladies facebook so look for Judi
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

Default Joined!!!

Just joined. Thanks for starting the thread!
    PROUD WOMAN RIDER!!!
    2014 ST SE5 LT , Black Current

Spyder Garage

Default girls on spyders

Just sent my request to join!
    Blue Skies,

Leslie McKim

Spyder Garage

I tried to join but because I do not own mine yet because I am waiting for my disability to be approved I was denied so now I won't request again. I will learn from this site everything I need to know. I do think it would of been interesting to learn from just women when getting ideas what model to buy seeing i have lost all feeling in my right leg but I will keep learning from this site. Good luck everyone trying to join

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arkridia View Post
    I tried to join but because I do not own mine yet because I am waiting for my disability to be approved I was denied so now I won't request again. I will learn from this site everything I need to know. I do think it would of been interesting to learn from just women when getting ideas what model to buy seeing i have lost all feeling in my right leg but I will keep learning from this site. Good luck everyone trying to join
    Okay, is this a gender thing? I'm confused (as usual)....
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I tried to join but because I do not own mine yet because I am waiting for my disability to be approved I was denied so now I won't request again.....
    Don't let a little thing like this initial rejection stop you Arkridia; what with your back surgery & all the things you'll have to go thru just to get around & do whatever you want to do, a knock back like this now just because you don't yet have a Spyder is really only minor on the overall scheme of things! Yes, you could quite possibly consider it petty on their behalf, but hey, who will lose out the most if you don't have another go at joining later?? Altho they might well lose out a little by never having the pleasure of your company or friendship... right now, it looks like in the long term, the biggest loser if you don't persist will be you.

So suck this one up, take it for what it really is atm - just a minor stumble along the road, and go out there & get your Spyder & THEN join!! You will almost certainly benefit the most in the long run, and seriously, as time progresses you WILL get bigger & far more hurtful set-backs, especially now that your mobility isn't quite up to the same standard as that of most others!! Some people seem to take joy in making life hard for others by exercising whatever tiny bit of power over you/your circumstances they may have, and if you show the slightest sensitivity or difficulty with achieving something they can & you can't or that you might have difficulty with whatever, they'll pile it on!! And sometimes, that will mean you end up with some seriously BIG fights that you have no option but to winor knuckle under!! So save your strength for the big ones, & let the little stuff like this one go.... you are better than that, don't let this bring you down to that petty level - brush this re-buff off get yourself sorted & ryding your Spyder, and then join - and maybe even work to change whatever rule stopped you joining when you first needed their support from within!

And don't forget to show us pics when you DO get your Spyder!! Have you checked out the Enabled Spyder Ryders section yet?!? Lots of good ideas for brackets & frame carriers etc in there, as well as intro's from a whole heap of us who have managed to overcome a few different challenges than the 'run of the mill' Spyder Ryders, and a lot of support & help on tap if needed too! Enjoy!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you for responding I guess you are right with everything going on I did take it personally. I have checked out the enabled rider and Mike even offered to make me a frack for my walker once I get my spyder if I am not able to use a cane by then. I still have not made up my mind on what model but I am leaning towards an st or rs. I know I will not be able to afford a rt. Also, when I test drove the rt I had a harder time looking behind me, maybe that will change with neck surgery but for now this is what I am looking for. My hearing will be within 9 months according to the paperwork I received today. I will continue reading as much as I can on this forum to learn more about my options and maybe when I get my settlement someone on this forum will have one for sale.

Spyder Garage

Keep at it. The ride and friends are well worth it. Don't let the system/rules discourage you. Overcome.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Arkridia....if you want to join Girls on Spyders....I am an administrator and I can make this happen.....when did you request to join? what is your Facebook name? I will personally add you...sorry for confusion....my name is Charlyne Baker
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 12-29-2017 at 12:42 PM.

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder