Spyder Garage

Default Best way to store/hold your iPod

What is the best way to store or hold your iPod in the trunk??? Seems to me that Can-Am omitted some sort of storage for the little bugger...What have you all done to fix this problem??

I don't liek the iPod bouncing around in there, even though it is solid state...

Spyder Garage

Mine is velcoured to the sidewall of the trunk - no bouncing and keeps it out of the way - still easy to get out to reload music
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use a Iphone case and velcoured to the side.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a ipod Holder which has heavy duty velcro holding it - The lead is then just plugged into the socket
    This allows for charging to take place once the Spyder is running

I have a photo of the setup - See below

You will notice other leads this allows me to swap my Zumo 600 GPS into the same socket and play MP3 through the Onboard speakers
    There is also a lead to allow a Sony Bluetooth transmitter to be used so Music can be streamed to my SENA SMH10 Headset

Hope this helps

Eddie Sheppard

Spyder – RT-S SES (AUTO 2010 Modes)

List of Mods :-
    Added Zuno 660 -Garmin kit as supplied on the Spyder RT Limited
    LED Bulbs Reversing Lights,Front position lights
    HMT - Brake Light
    LED – Running lights
    LED - Mud Flap lights
    Rear extended Mud Flap
    Sport Tall Wide Clear Windshield
    Utopia Backrest
    S/S Grills both sides matching
    Bottom Panel S/S Protection
    Rubber Tank protector on glove box
    Grip Puppies
    Power Socket in Switch Cluster and at Rear passenger Handrail
    Rear Speaker Switch for passenger On/OFF
    Upgraded Front Marine Speakers
    Bluetooth On board Radio to Sena SMH10 Headsets

Spyder Garage

I have so much crap in the topcase that my iPod couldn't touch bottom or flop around if it had legs. Guess my rainsuit, extra oil, travel cover, first-aid kit, etc., saved me the cost of some velcro. BTW, BRP sells an accessory MP3 player bag and bracket made for the RT.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default iPod Holder

Quote Originally Posted by joe schmoe View Post
    What is the best way to store or hold your iPod in the trunk??? Seems to me that Can-Am omitted some sort of storage for the little bugger...What have you all done to fix this problem??I don't liek the iPod bouncing around in there, even though it is solid state...
    You don't say what IPod unit you have, but if it is an IPod Touch you can purchase a specific RAM plastic cradle from GPS City for under $10.00 and affix it to the back wall of your trunk. A universal cradle, mentioned above, will also do the trick. I used screws to affix the cradle to the back wall of the trunk, but Velcro will handle the job just as well.

Spyder Garage

It's an iPod nano 3rd or 4th gen...Don't remember...Looks like the one in the photo above, except RED...I see a pattern forming here??

Spyder Garage

I bought the BRP bracket and holder.
    Undo 2 screws on the back wall of the trunk, mount your bracket.
    Slip the leather cover onto the bracket.
    Plug your ipod into the trunk using the supplied cable and slip your ipod into the leather holder.
    Go ride....oh... switch it on before you go.
    cheers
    2011 RTS SE5 Vyper Red, high led brake light, cb/gps/headsets

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mine is mounted using a ram mount

Spyder Garage

.. I hate this cables-hanging-around .. a friends wife made for me this blue sheet - which is easy to fix on the lid of the case - space for the papers and some small stoff - and for my can-am ipod ..
    will make a spy-deckel.JPGlonger cable to bring the small 12v-5v box also in this space..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    .. I hate this cables-hanging-around .. a friends wife made for me this blue sheet - which is easy to fix on the lid of the case - space for the papers and some small stoff - and for my can-am ipod ..
    will make a spy-deckel.JPGlonger cable to bring the small 12v-5v box also in this space..
    That is a clever idea. I like it. Are those little screws that hold it up??

Spyder Garage

..thats fixed on the original space for the screws ..just a little longer ones .. easy to install in 5 minutes
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool best way to store/hold your iPod

The best thing I've found is a small cooler with a zippered top closure. It not only securely holds my iPod, but my camera, extra batteries, and all the other little things that usually noisely rattle around in the top box.
    B.V.

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

That is genius...Make about 75 more units, start a web page and you've got yourself a *NEW* Spyder RT accessory!

Where I've been on my Spyder...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wukka View Post
    That is genius...Make about 75 more units, start a web page and you've got yourself a *NEW* Spyder RT accessory!
    I`m not listed as a "dealer" .. and have no copyrights on that ..really easy to do by yourselve ..
    chris

Spyder Garage

Default Update - I POD AND SENA SM10 Fitted in Rear Trunk

Updated photos of the setup - See below

I have upgraded my ipod - (Newer & smaller) and have now also added a Sena SM10 dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter
    This allows my on board Spyder RT Audio to be streamed to my SENA SMH10 Headsets
    I have used velcro on the back of each and they hold against the rear of the trunk
    The Sena SM10 runs on an internal battery but can be run and charged up at the same time using the existing power socket already
    in the rear trunk

You will notice other leads this allows me to swap my Zumo 600 GPS into the same socket and play MP3 through the Onboard speakers

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder – RT-S SES (AUTO 2010 Model)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vyperyder View Post
    I bought the BRP bracket and holder.
    Undo 2 screws on the back wall of the trunk, mount your bracket.
    Slip the leather cover onto the bracket.
    Plug your ipod into the trunk using the supplied cable and slip your ipod into the leather holder.
    It does a pretty good job of keeping everything tied down and in place!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What brand of Velcro do you use? Everything I've tried, the glue melts in the TX heat at 105 in the shade ... and no shade. Yes, I prep the surface by cleaning with lacquer thinner.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    What brand of Velcro do you use? Everything I've tried, the glue melts in the TX heat at 105 in the shade ... and no shade. Yes, I prep the surface by cleaning with lacquer thinner.

thehawk

I've used Heavy Duty Velcro - another option could be :- 3M Dual Lock Tape.

A heavy duty tape ideal for business and industrial applications or people who just want a really strong alternative to VELCRO.
    This tape mates to itself or other dual lock products, there are no 'hook' or 'loop' parts. Please bear this in mind when buying - if you are trying to put a 1m tall object on the wall, you will need 2m - one for the wall, one for the object. The two 1m lengths will then connect to each other.

The mushroom type tips of the stems lock together with an audible click so you know the link is secure.
    The adhesive backing provides an invisible bond to the intended surface, no drilling or stapling required.

The above appears to be a new product so I cannot comment if its ok - Maybe others will know

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK