Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starke Bikefest

Registered Users InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Starke Bikefest

The Starke Bikefest is scheduled for August 26-28 and we would like to invite any spyders to ryde along with us to the event. The official website is http://starkeflbikefest.com/
    We will meet on Saturday Aug 27th in the parking lot of Cafe Risque at I-75 and Co Rd 234 just SW of Micanopy proper at 10am. For those arriving earlier, you may want to go inside and check out the establishment
    There is plenty of shaded parking, and upon departing we will ryde through the countryside for approx 1.5 hrs to Starke and our lunch destination at Grannies Restaurant on 301 for lunch at 11:30/11:45.
    After lunch we can head over to the bike event in our usual Spyder parade formation and visit the vendors area on Call Street.
    If anyone wants to ryde with us---or just meet us at Granny's for a spyder lunch please contact me so I will know that you are coming. We don't want to leave anyone behind.
    Mary and I look forward to seeing our spyder buddies again.
    C-YA RL
    Last edited by InspectorGadget; 07-20-2011 at 07:38 AM.
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We will be there, see you then.
    Going to West Coast this week to get all the things done that Kurt found wrong with spyder in Maggie Valley, so should be real healthy by then.

Spyder Garage

Debbie and I will meeti you at the Cafe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mods= luggage rack, rear trunk shelf & Mirror

Spyder Garage

I guess we well plain on meeting you at Grannys,let us know what time. Cafe Risque is not a place I care to meet anyone at Carol either.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Gadget, what about meeting at the country store on 441 at the entrance to Micanopy instead of the strip joint? We agree that we would not particularly want to have our byke in their parking lot and would prefer to meet somewhere else also. If not, we will see you at the bikefest anyway.

Spyder Garage

I will be there.. My wife doesn't think that being in the parking lot of a T Bar that is closed that time of morning will hurt my image or morality any...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    The Starke Bikefest is scheduled for August 26-28 and we would like to invite any spyders to ryde along with us to the event. The official website is http://starkeflbikefest.com/
    We will meet on Saturday Aug 27th in the parking lot of Cafe Risque at I-75 and Co Rd 234 just SW of Micanopy proper at 10am. For those arriving earlier, you may want to go inside and check out the establishment
    There is plenty of shaded parking, and upon departing we will ryde through the countryside for approx 1.5 hrs to Starke and our lunch destination at Granny's Restaurant on 301 for lunch at 11:30/11:45.
    After lunch we can head over to the bike event in our usual Spyder parade formation and visit the vendors area on Call Street.
    If anyone wants to ryde with us---or just meet us at Granny's for a spyder lunch please contact me so I will know that you are coming. We don't want to leave anyone behind.
    Mary and I look forward to seeing our spyder buddies again.
    C-YA RL
    I will probably be there but need to know where Grannys restaurant is since I will be coming up a different way than you.

Spyder Garage

Default Grannys'

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    I will probably be there but need to know where Grannys restaurant is since I will be coming up a different way than you.
    John,
    According to the website map, Grannies is located on the West side of US-301 North of Hwy 100 and South of Hwy 16 in Starke.
    We look forward to seeing you there.
    C-YA RL and Mary
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Spyder Garage

Ok people, there is a gas station across the street from the Cafe, why don't we all meet there.

The Cafe is open 24/7, I think I read that some where.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Default Starke Ryde meeting location change

So let me digress for a moment.
    When I first started planning the ryde to Starke I was going to trailer the spYder to Ft. White (as we have in the past) and ryde from there. We go past the Micanopy exit every other weekend when we are going to Ft. White.
    I thought it would be nice to get a small group together and ryde from a point south of Ft. White, as the majority of the ryders are from the south of Gainesville. As I was planning a nice ryde route, I thought Micanopy would be a good starting point. I also thought the Cafe Risque would be convienient spot as I don't know of any other possible meeting spots in Micanopy. It is just off the interstate and has a large parking lot with some shade trees to the south away from the building.
    It is not like we are going to patronize or spend money at the place---just meet IN THE PARKING LOT for 10 minutes and move on.
    So you don't want your byke spotted there???? Do you really think that your friends are going to come by and see your byke there--and know that it was YOU--and go onto facebook and tell all of your other friends?????? I thought we were all adults here????
    I never thought that it would cause such a comotion or be that offensive to anyone. For those of you that were offended you have my sincere apology.
    I myself would never patronize the place, but that is not what this was ever about, just a gathering spot IN THE PARKING LOT.
    Scooter if you know that there is a gas station accross the street, then we can change the meeting place to that location, to keep peace in the family.
    Please confirm and provide a possible GPS address for those with a GPS, and thank you for your last post as it forced me into writing this one.
    C-YA RL
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Spyder Garage

I looked it up on Google World, it showed a gas station across the street and one just east of the BAD BAD NAUGHTY place. For me to meet you all there, it would be out of the way. I would just go up 441/301 to Stark. BUT I will meet Gadget and anyone else at the gas station across from THAT place because I would like to ride with my friends to Stark
    NO BIG DEAL.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The cafe

Leave it to Johhny to start something, we are all adults here people!!!! Lets have a good time and not worry about penny eny junk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

They have great cheeseburgers at Cafe Risque.

Spyder Garage

My sister works there.

Chris [actually Cindy has been there]

Spyder Garage

We were just saying Its not a good place to wait for everybody. Some of us are riding a ways to get there. When we do get to the meeting places My better half is always the first to make a pit stop. That is one of the main reason for not meeting there. The gas station accross the street from that (BAD BAD NAUGHTY PLACE) is fine with us! Just let us know what time when it gets closer. I called up to Stark to check to see if they were charging this year to park or get into the fest and she said no. Just to let everyone know because in the past they were charging to get in. JC

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    John,
    According to the website map, Grannies is located on the West side of US-301 North of Hwy 100 and South of Hwy 16 in Starke.
    We look forward to seeing you there.
    C-YA RL and Mary
    Thanks for the info! Looking forward also!

Spyder Garage

The wife and I will be there for lunch at Grannys. Starke is just a short ride from Orange Park. We look foward to meeting everyone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    They have great cheeseburgers at Cafe Risque.
    Shall we make that a scheduled stop? Always enjoy a good cheeseburger!!!
    Last edited by Wheeler~; 07-24-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    Shall we make that a scheduled stop? Always enjoy a good cheeseburger!!!
    A great stop for Huligans
    Last edited by dave01; 07-24-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

speak for yor self Dave..... but a good hamburger with fries and cool drink always works. But..... at that place across the street from the gas station....? hummm cheese

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    speak for yor self Dave..... but a good hamburger with fries and cool drink always works. But..... at that place across the street from the gas station....? hummm cheese
    Is there an age where tastebuds change? just askin'???
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    Is there an age where tastebuds change? just askin'???
    Nope, but you know Forrest....If it aint Bob Evans, its crap......

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Those in the Sanford, Orlando, Lakeland, Kissimmee and elsewhere, where would be a good meeting place for the ride up to meet the others.??.

Spyder Garage

MY house In Moss Bluff Were the heck is that

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Those in the Sanford, Orlando, Lakeland, Kissimmee and elsewhere, where would be a good meeting place for the ride up to meet the others.??.

How about the Steak and Shake at I75-44 wildwood.???.. The huligan going north meeting place.

Hopeing that Robbie will be riding with me.