Thread: Nobody Listens

Spyder Garage

Default Nobody Listens

I saw a post about BRP not listening to complaints and not improving new models, I once worked at a utility and they built phase 1 of the plant all kinds of problems with the design and being a operator we would know what worked best, right? So engineers and contractor listened gave us the prints for Phase 2 told us to use a red pen to make notations on prints for improvements to old design and they would look into it.We made our notations and when phase 2 was built no changes were made to the design now we had twice the problems.Moral of story were we told engineers knew what they were doing that is why they went to school for 4+ yrs. signed management.

Spyder Garage

Pretty much sums up modern senior level management, doesn't it? Sometimes you just scratch your head and wonder how things got to this level. Do they teach ignoring common sense, power meetings about nothing, shmoozing and good ol' boy networking as part of the business management training curriculum now? That seems to be the only real skill these "executives" know these days!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Don't get me started on the Airbus.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Me talking to my engineer boss "bla bla bla" his answer "huh huh huh yeah sure why not, what was your name again?"

Spyder Garage

Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Pretty much sums up modern senior level management, doesn't it? Sometimes you just scratch your head and wonder how things got to this level. Do they teach ignoring common sense, power meetings about nothing, shmoozing and good ol' boy networking as part of the business management training curriculum now? That seems to be the only real skill these "executives" know these days!
    Raptor- I respectfully disagree. Please do not make that generalization.

I am senior management of an international software company. I don't just listen to my employees, I make SURE their ideas make it into our products. On purpose I hire people smarter than me. We also listen to our customers. Almost every release we have >70% of new features coming from existing or potential clients and the balance from our staff. So it is an overgeneralization to lump executives in one bucket.

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

There are always exceptions to the rule. The question here is, which is the exception, and which is the rule?

I can tell you no one reads eBay auctions. No matter what you put in the description you will get loads of questions that are clearly answered in the text.

And I found out quickly that the old saying "The buyer is always right" translates into, "The seller is always wrong".

But here is what I believe... When I'm the buyer, I'm always right, and when I'm the seller.... I'm also always right.

Hey! Works for me! Now if I can just get the rest of the world to go for it...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Oh, but I want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Don't get me started on the Airbus.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black