Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking WOW... Spyder Ryder

I got a great surprise last Monday I got my welcome package in the mail. BRP put together an awesome package. I have not had the time to go on line to register but did read the contents and look them over. One question where are people putting their spyder ryder crest (patch) and pin ? leather vest, Jacket not wearing the patch and pin. Since I am a new rider I do not know. I have seen other riding club members putting various rally patches and pins on leather vests so just curious The included info cards will come in handy as everytime I stop at stores and to get gas people come over to look at the spyder and want to know where you buy them and to ask lots of questions about them. BRP knows that riding customers are their best salespeople and advertisement for the .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome Package?

Welcome Package? Huh? I have not recieved one of them. Bought mine on 19 Jun and have seen nor heard nothing from BRP. What did you do to get one?

Spyder Garage

Looks like the Welcome Package is getting nicer....Us "Ole' Timers" packages didn't include a patch.

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wardawg View Post
    Welcome Package? Huh? I have not recieved one of them. Bought mine on 19 Jun and have seen nor heard nothing from BRP. What did you do to get one?
    It usually takes 60-90 days.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    It usually takes 60-90 days.
    It took close to four months for us to receive ours, but it sure was a nice surprise.
    As far as placement of patches, I think I have seen it all. I feel like it is a personal choice on small items like that. You can also Google "Motorcycle Patches" for more info on meanings of numbers, letters, rockers, etc. Good info to know as you join the community.
    Our life verse:
    Jeremiah 29:11
    2010 RT , Custom air brushed

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I got a great surprise last Monday I got my welcome package in the mail. BRP put together an awesome package. I have not had the time to go on line to register but did read the contents and look them over. One question where are people putting their spyder ryder crest (patch) and pin ? leather vest, Jacket not wearing the patch and pin. Since I am a new rider I do not know. I have seen other riding club members putting various rally patches and pins on leather vests so just curious The included info cards will come in handy as everytime I stop at stores and to get gas people come over to look at the spyder and want to know where you buy them and to ask lots of questions about them. BRP knows that riding customers are their best salespeople and advertisement for the .
    I bought 2 spyders and only got 1 packet so I lost mine to my lovely Wife.
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, with SM5 transmission, Two Brothers muffler, cup holder ,clam shell ISO grips,I pod nano and chrome handlebars. Utopia backrest,chrome foot pegs, chrome passenger floor boards,chrome shifter and brake pedal,chrome windshield bracket and chrome kewlmetal highway pegs

Harleyrick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wardawg View Post

It took about 8 weeks to get mine.
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, with SM5 transmission, Two Brothers muffler, cup holder ,clam shell ISO grips,I pod nano and chrome handlebars. Utopia backrest,chrome foot pegs, chrome passenger floor boards,chrome shifter and brake pedal,chrome windshield bracket and chrome kewlmetal highway pegs

Harleyrick

Spyder Garage

It appears the welcome packages are mailed to new owners quarterly. How long it takes to get to you depends on when you purchased in the quarter.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-12-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We got ours in 7 weeks, and that is with the Canada Post strike.
    Took 8 weeks to get the Best letter and information.
    Modifying the RT to travel Canada.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The information cards has really come in handle to pass out to all the people that ask about the . I ran out the ones that came with the welcome package but pick up some more at Americade.

Also, received may 5000 mile pin today. Last week I went over 10,000 miles so have to find out how to get that pin.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AndyIsRiding View Post
    We got ours in 7 weeks, and that is with the Canada Post strike.
    Took 8 weeks to get the Best letter and information.

We took delivery of our spyder April 28,2011. But just received our package as Canada post strike held thing up too.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by harleyRick View Post
    I bought 2 spyders and only got 1 packet so I lost mine to my lovely Wife.

I won't tell my wife that , you lost your patch to your wife that will just give her ideas

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulBen View Post
    It took close to four months for us to receive ours, but it sure was a nice surprise.
    As far as placement of patches, I think I have seen it all. I feel like it is a personal choice on small items like that. You can also Google "Motorcycle Patches" for more info on meanings of numbers, letters, rockers, etc. Good info to know as you join the community.
    Thanks PeacefulBen Sounds interesting I will google motorcycle patches

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

This directly from Can Am web site:

Q: I DID NOT RECEIVE MY OWNER’S WELCOME PACKAGE IN THE MAIL.

A: You will receive your Can-Am Spyder welcome package within three months of taking delivery of your new roadster if your dealer has registered your unit with a valid mailing address. If you have registered your roadster under a company name, you will not receive the welcome package.
    Last edited by Hokiev; 07-12-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

you were very luck to receive your packet so soon. it took almost six months to recieve ours. but that was througha BRP policy error. demo bikes are listed as the second owner for the first consumer purchaser; and had I not called about it... we would've never been sent one. BRP only sends packects to the first titled owner; and a dealer is considered the first owner, when a demo is involved. hopefully that'll change soon.

the patch and pin are MINE !!! the Maggie Valley Rally pin was scarfed up by my loving wife. so I'm out on that. but the packet fan-fold cards go like halloween candy. we keep them in the bike, and I hand them out (along with a business card of our saleman...) to everyone who comes up and asks questions. a real handy marketing idea...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydeRider2010 View Post
    you were very luck to receive your packet so soon. it took almost six months to recieve ours. but that was througha BRP policy error. demo bikes are listed as the second owner for the first consumer purchaser; and had I not called about it... we would've never been sent one. BRP only sends packects to the first titled owner; and a dealer is considered the first owner, when a demo is involved. hopefully that'll change soon.

the patch and pin are MINE !!! the Maggie Valley Rally pin was scarfed up by my loving wife. so I'm out on that. but the packet fan-fold cards go like halloween candy. we keep them in the bike, and I hand them out (along with a business card of our saleman...) to everyone who comes up and asks questions. a real handy marketing idea...
    Great idea for the packet fan fold cards as I have put them in the bike now as everytime I stop for gas etc.. people come up to the me and start asking questions about the . I will be getting some of our salemans business cards to keep as he is a great guy to deal with

Spyder Garage

Anyone know if BRP will send out more cards to us? They do go fast at the beaches and malls.

Be Safe
    AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder emblem patch on back of my chaps!

I received my welcome package right away, my shop registered my Spyder, was very surprised to get it, also a pin was in the box. I have a great pair of chaps that have a wide kidney belt area made into the chaps, I had my patch sewn on the center back, was the best spot so it could be seen, looks great and the pin is on my jacket, my husband is now looking at getting a 2012 RT, hopefully we can see some up close and personal very soon!
    Last edited by Spydermimi; 08-02-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

For those interested, the Original Post asked a question.

I wear a textile jacket, or mesh jacket depending on the weather, and I don't want to wear an outer riding vest.

I've chosen to collect pins, and not patches.

Also, I don't feel like carrying all those pins around with me, so I have a strip of nylon webbing that I mount the pins on. This strip is displayed in the entrance foyer of my home.

I know, I'm a single guy, so this is the only thing I have hanging on my walls. Left to my own devices, I'd hang Frank Frazetta or Julie Bell paintings.

http://frankfrazetta.org/viewimage.php?loc=f42.jpg

http://www.imaginistix.com/details.cfm?Id=101

They're great, but they interfere with the whole "love nest" concept (wink wink nudge nudge)

Does this count as "3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group "

Just Wondering out loud....................

Last edited by ThreeWheels; 08-03-2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: File Attachment procedure takes some getting used to.....
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I purchased my Sypder in April, 2010. I never received the packet so I guess my dealer never registered me with BRP. I registered with them on the internet a few months later and never received anything. My dealer has now went bankrupt and I guess I am out of luck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Rider View Post
    I purchased my Sypder in April, 2010. I never received the packet so I guess my dealer never registered me with BRP. I registered with them on the internet a few months later and never received anything. My dealer has now went bankrupt and I guess I am out of luck.
    Contact Carlo and see if he can figure a way to help you out.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!