Todd&Cat

Default Throttle-body 2011-7 fix

Dealer notified me to bring RT LTD in today to have throttle-body fix (even though I haven't had any problems yet) performed and did a (2011-5 ACS reset) also. All is well, went for short ride before going home.
    Last edited by Todd&Cat; 07-10-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Todd&Cat View Post
    Dealer notified me to bring RT LTD in today to have throttle-body fix (even though I haven't had any problems yet) performed and did a ACS reset also. All is well, went for short ride before going home.
    I have a 2011 RT..a couple of weeks ago they had to replace the throttle body....haven't heard from my dealer...any opinion if I should have the "fix" done to it?...Thanks....

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdimaline View Post
    I have a 2011 RT..a couple of weeks ago they had to replace the throttle body....haven't heard from my dealer...any opinion if I should have the "fix" done to it?...Thanks....
    You probably will need the update, to protect the new throttle body. Check with your dealer.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2011 RTS and had cold start issues, rough idle and sputtering, that resulted in having the throttle body replaced. No issues since.

Was at the dealer yesterday to get keys programed and they recommended this software update so you should get it done even if the throttle body has already been replaced. Should take 15-30 min.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Todd&Cat View Post
    Dealer notified me to bring RT LTD in today to have throttle-body fix (even though I haven't had any problems yet) performed and did a (2011-5 ACS reset) also. All is well, went for short ride before going home.
    Thanks for putting this out there...called my dealer this morning and am taking it in Thursday for the update..........dealer replaced the throttle body a couple of weeks ago so it's important for me to get the update done before the new throttle body starts acting up also!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think I may have a TB problem, the bike is 3 weeks old and it has started to run very rough and die when first started. The engine light came on twice, once it locked out the throttle and once it just came on. After 3-4 restarts it runs perfectly. It seems worse after sitting a day but it even did it after 2 hours of being parked yesterday. I called the dealer and they will look at it tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I think I may have a TB problem, the bike is 3 weeks old and it has started to run very rough and die when first started. The engine light came on twice, once it locked out the throttle and once it just came on. After 3-4 restarts it runs perfectly. It seems worse after sitting a day but it even did it after 2 hours of being parked yesterday. I called the dealer and they will look at it tomorrow.
    Same problems I had. You need throttle body replaced and the esoftware update.
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac