Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cup Holders

Spyder Garage

Default too small of a clamp

I ordered one from my cup holder and the clamp was way way too small only opened up 1/2 inch so I trashed it a waste of money but a cheap lesson learned order from ebay or amazon and get a garrentee beware all

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderpoop View Post
    I ordered one from my cup holder and the clamp was way way too small only opened up 1/2 inch so I trashed it a waste of money but a cheap lesson learned order from ebay or amazon and get a garrentee beware all
    The one I bought worked perfect. a little high in price but well made, try Chubbycups.
    wp63e7f193_05_06.jpgThis is not the one for the RT, it is more adjustable. Old Man

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Any ideas for a good cupholder? I saw Drinks2Go but did not like installing it behind me. I want something that I can install in front so I don't have to reach back for a drink.
    If you do a search on this forum, you will find many different styles...Some are more complex than others...

I already had a Kuryakyn cup holder from a different bike and de-constructed it and installed it on my 2012 RT.

Spyder Garage

I thought the drink2go looked to small but it is actually a nice tight fit on a 20oz bottle. Have one on both sides.

DSC03423.JPG
    2013 RT , Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I manufacture and sell a cup holder/accessory mount for the standard RT handlebars, 2010-2013 models.
    Link to my ad: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ccessory-Mount
    This is truly a well made and versatile accessory for your Spyder RT.

Charles Faw
    eduollc@gmail.com
    Last edited by Charles Faw; 08-07-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Spyder Garage

I find most cup mounts to be too bulky or unstylish. I got the chrome karyakan, drilled a hole near the lip, took out one upper screw on the right hand grip cluster and using a spacer, bolted the cup holder back on using a longer screw. This is clean, very attractive, stable and holds cans and mugs. After buying and trying 4 others including the ram monster this is by far the best set up I have used on the my RT. It gets a lot of attention from other riders and the chrome compliments the chrome hand bars and throttle grips.

Spyder Garage

002.jpg I have the SRT cupholder (SpyderLovers sponsor) for my 2013 RT. It mounts without removing any screws from the Spyder and has an accessory bar to which I mount my gps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I find most cup mounts to be too bulky or unstylish. I got the chrome karyakan, drilled a hole near the lip, took out one upper screw on the right hand grip cluster and using a spacer, bolted the cup holder back on using a longer screw. This is clean, very attractive, stable and holds cans and mugs. After buying and trying 4 others including the ram monster this is by far the best set up I have used on the my RT. It gets a lot of attention from other riders and the chrome compliments the chrome hand bars and throttle grips.
    So, what does it look like? Show us a couple of pictures if you will.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Got my Swagman's( Drink 2 Go) from eTrailer. Cut a piece of a beer cozy to rap around the rear grips or it will leave marks.

http://www.etrailer.com/Bike-Accesso...FdOj4Aod4BkALA

If you get a lockable nozzle cup ( available everywhere) reaching back to your left when mounted near front of the grip is no problem at all.
    Last edited by Magdave; 08-06-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Got my Swagman's( Drink 2 Go) from eTrailer. Cut a piece of a beer cozy to rap around the rear grips or it will leave marks.

If you get a lockable nozzle cup ( available everywhere) reaching back to your left when mounted near front of the grip is no problem at all.
    I've seen those before and wondered where you got them from. Pretty cost effective...

JT

Spyder Garage

I have a couple of those but found out that I cannot open the saddlebags when I use them.

Do you have that problem?

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post

2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post
    I have a couple of those but found out that I cannot open the saddlebags when I use them.

Carl
    Yea, me too. If you place it more towards the front, you can open the bags, but the holder is tipped. They should have made the angle adjustable. Still, nice little gadget. .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quickster47 View Post

Carl
    Nope it is all in how you mount it. Mine are at an inward angle still holds the cup very well and can open and close the saddlebagsSwagman.jpg

Here is the cup I use Swagman cup.jpg
    Last edited by Magdave; 08-06-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default Cup Holder

This is what I bought... I love it... its great...
    RT Cup Holder1.jpgRT Cup Holder2.jpg

They are a sponsor here in Spyderlovers...

Spyder Garage

I really like my SRT cupholder. It's not cheap, but this is a well constructed piece thats does all I need.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Faw View Post
    I manufacture and sell a cup holder/accessory mount for the standard RT handlebars, 2010-2013 models.
    Link to my ad: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ccessory-Mount
    Currently selling these for $100, PayPal, shipped to the lower 48.
    This is truly a well made and versatile accessory for your Spyder RT.

Charles Faw
    eduollc@gmail.com
    I just bought one of these and i think it is the best of the best, i had a baker air wings cup and it served the purpose, i had a butler mug and it too served the pupose, the cheap ones that clamp on the passenger handles cut the material on my first Spyder so i wont use them anymore. You get what you pay for. My .02 worth.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer