Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear Tire again?

I know this is probably well documented but I can't seem to find it. Can anyone tell me who has the capability of changing the rear tire? I have always done my own motorcycle tires but no way am I going to try to use spoons on this thing. So I don't know who is qualified. I don't want to take it to the Can-Am dealer cause they already told me that they sent theirs out to the harley dealer to balance. I am fine with taking the wheel off and putting it back on. I just need to have the tire mounted and balanced

Anyone find a car tire they love that fits?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by challman View Post
    Can anyone tell me who has the capability of changing the rear tire? I just need to have the tire mounted and balanced

Anyone find a car tire they love that fits?
    I took mine to a local tire guy to have it mounted and balanced (Goodyear tire center I think?). Most any tire shop can change it. It just requires a balancer that fits in the really small center hole. As for the tire, I really like my Toyo Proxes 4 and it seems to be wearing much better than the stock tire.
    Old Spyder Mods:
    No Magic Neon Triple Play II, Leo Vince SBK Exhaust, MMG Backrest, BRP Seat Skin, XOPRODOX Grips & Throttle Rocker, Paint By Tallant's Hot Rods, Kewl Metal Air Filter, Juice Box, Evoluzione O2 Mod, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, Ride Wright Mojo Wheels and Pulley, Custom Handlebars, Relocated Ignition Switch, Madstad Robo Brackets, Evoluzione Swaybar, RT Shocks/Springs, Toyo R1R, Odyssey Battery, Lowered Shock Mount, SFB Floorboards, Fenderless w/ Custom License Bracket.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SSG Bean View Post
    I took mine to a local tire guy to have it mounted and balanced (Goodyear tire center I think?). Most any tire shop can change it. It just requires a balancer that fits in the really small center hole. As for the tire, I really like my Toyo Proxes 4 and it seems to be wearing much better than the stock tire.
    thanks

Spyder Garage

My dealer's service guys told me they will only mount and install OEM tires.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

discount tires.. and ride on....
    2010 RTac, Utopia backrest, spyder pops heat shield, KewlMetal grip endcaps, Gps mount, hmt tail lights, day ryders, siebel horn, Kohmo ast tire.. oh yeah wife of 25 years always on the back seat with q2 headset!Correction!!!!.. the Bastrop fires engulfed the poor spyder after 16000 fun filled miles. Now riding 2011 metalic RTS with nbv footpegs, heat shield, hmt with strobe, Utopia backrest, and the same wife of 25 years with g4 headsets.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave711 View Post
    discount tires.. and ride on....
    +1
    BTW I put a Falken 512. I've been happy with it so far. It did fine in the rain on my trip back from Maggie Valley.
    Last edited by Trickie Dick; 07-06-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.