Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

I had mine installed by a dealer at SITA and love it, I can now lean back and stretch my legs out on the seal floorboards. Wish I had the quick release version installed, so I could remove it to allow the wife to get on and off easier.

The only issue I have is the extra weight when the seat is raised for gas, the seat sometimes comes down on its own now. Minor irritation but it does make long rides better on my back.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sunrunner1 View Post
    Tomorrow I will bite the bullet and try to remove the seat. Lot of help here on the forums. Wish there was a video on removing the seat on a rt limited.
    Got the Spyder a few months ago here in Michigan. 1800 on it so far. No long trips yet. Trailering it to Port Charlotte. Fl in about 7 weeks for the winter. Love the Spyder.
    72 yrs and still riding Richard
    First thing is to tape over the two square holes under the saddle near the rear bolts. These are black holes and they attract tools and parts. Odds of ever seeing anything dropped in them again are slim. Then, disconnect the wire connector to the bottom of the rear of the saddle. Then, using a small flat screwdriver, unclip the little metal spring clamp that holds the lift arm head to the bottom of the saddle and then slide the lift arm head off the ball mount on the bottom of the saddle. This clip wraps around the lift arm head. Just slipping the screwdriver underneath it and prying will disconnect the head from the ball. Then, using a ratchet & socket, approach the two rear bolts from above in the space between the rear of the saddle and the passenger backrest. You may have to compress the cushions to get the room you need. Be patient because you'll work that ratchet about a million times before you finally get the bolt unscrewed. The saddle is now ready to be lifted off the Spyder. When lifting it, be careful to not lose the two square nuts the bolts came out of and the two steel grommets the bolts slide through. They will be lose and will try to fall out of their positions at the rear hinge area.

Good luck!
    Last edited by MarkLawson; 10-16-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    First thing is to tape over the two square holes under the saddle near the rear bolts. These are black holes and they attract tools and parts. Odds of ever seeing anything dropped in them again are slim.
    So lash any small children or pets down to something solid...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black