Spyder Garage

Default Communications System failure!! Need HELP!

We have had the CB communications system installed since we purchased our 2010 RT-S last year. I have finally gotten around to installing a J&M system on my V-Star and we are having the following issues with the Spyder system.

1. Both bikes need to be in extremely close proximity to each other in order for us to hear one another.

2. When my daughter is on the back of the Spyder and both are hooked into the communications the passenger can talk and the driver hears thru the vox system, but the driver talks and it does not open. When the driver uses the ptt button once then he/she can talk to passenger until both stop for a period of time. If I am close enough then when the ptt button is pushed I can hear them talking and the passenger can then talk to me on my bike without the rear transmit button.

The Spyder is going into the shop tomorrow and would like to them what it is that is wrong. I believe that the communications system is bad and needs to be changed.

Chezeburger
    Chezeburger
    2010 - Orbital Blue RT-S
    2003 - Yamaha V-Star 1100
    2012 - White RT-S Limited added 4/30/13

Spyder Garage

for the passenger to be broadcast on the CB you will need a PTT inline button for the backheadset instead of the short safety cable it comes with the headset

as for the driver not communicating. I would check the VOX level setting. probably too low OR the mic volume setting next to the VOX level is too low so that the driver is not triggering the intercom communication.
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5