Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default CB Install gone all wrong

Well I took my RT-S into the store that I bought it from to have them install a CB radio and Entertainment harness, after all the Tupperware was removed and the harness (Both of them) installed and everything put back together.
    Well that was more then a week ago and 5 trips back to the store (49 miles each way) I still don't have a working radio, what it does and doesn't do are. First what it does, it plays the radio and CB through the rear plug, but only with the engine running.
    What it doesn't do is, play anything through the front plug (Nothing noway no how) can't get it to do anything. They took it apart and checked all the plugs and pins. I can play the radio through the speakers but not the CB. They have been on the phone with BRP and even got a brand new tech manual emailed to them. I think I'm going to ask them to remove the harness and radio and get a new one to replace it with.
    I heard that the CB was trouble but not this much trouble.

So does anyone have an Idea that might fix the problem???

Spyder Garage

I don't recall which, but the CB has one headset jack and the entertainment harness has the other. Whichever has the front jack should be the one considered for replacement first.

Good luck!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I kind of had the same problem. I could hear everything through the speakers and nothing in the headsets. BRP told my srevice tech that they would send a new CB to replace the other. Not sure if that will do it but we'll see.
    Life should NOT be journey to grave with intention of arriving safely in attractive and well-preserved body, but rather you skid in sideways on 1 leg with body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default CB radio install FIXED

Well it took 6 tries to get it fixed but BRP came through on the third call, wow it only took 3 calls to fix the problem.
    So here is how to fix the CB, on the Entertainment Harness way down in the back are ( 2 ) plugs. The manual says to plug into one to the XM if you have it installed.
    BUT what do you do with the OTHER plug?? Manual doesn't say, so just plug it into the other plug there and tthe radio will work just fine.
    BRP had 2 bulletins that they had not sent out to the dealers about the CB radio install.