Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Original Premier Edition Owners

I was just wondering with all the people buying new and used spyders and with all the current owners upgrading or trading in their spyders, how many original Premier Edition GS Owners do we still have left. I am sure there are a lot but if you still are the first and original owner of a PE Spyder Roadster GS please post here with your number. I am not talking about RT's here, only the 2008's that were delivered in late 2007 and early 2008. Most of us had to put down a deposit and wait for excruciating months for our Spyders.

I have a SM5 #2518

Also one more time for anyone that is confused about the original Premier Edition numbering system, here is the letter from BRP with the explanation.

Here is the actual letter of explanation from BRP's site regarding the Premier Edition Spyders
    This is the link to the page on their site http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/Share/Co...0-bdb6061c860a

SPYDER NEWS

Back to news page
    April 9, 2008, Spyder Announcements
    PREMIERE EDITION SPYDER CLARIFICATION - APRIL 9, 2008

With the recent flurry of comments online and particularly on Can-AmTalk.com, we wanted to address the issues raised in the last few days. With the launch of Spyder, we're very proud of what we have created, including the Premiere Edition program but we've also made some mistakes and we want to clear the air.
    We're just as excited about the open exchange of information as you are. We're very happy to see this level of exchange between Spyder owners and enthusiasts. Keep it coming! Even amid a few "conspiracy theories" out there, we actually enjoy reading the comments as the Spyder community grows!
    Regarding the Premiere Edition Spyder roadsters, we want to acknowledge that we made a mistake on the numbering sequence and we want to apologize. The information we provided two weeks ago was wrong and we are sorry.
    Now, let's set the record straight.
    When we first began taking Premiere Edition pre-orders in February of 2007, our goal was to create an exclusive club for the first 2,500 North American Spyder roadster owners. This remains true today.
    There are exactly 2,589 Premiere Edition Spyder owners in North America.
    From this, we created the 2.5K owners program and provided the 2.5K owners map. Yes, we rounded down to 2,500!
    We were pleasantly surprised to learn that some people actually took the time to count the names on the map and came up with 2,532! The difference with 2,589 is strictly a timing issue between the printing of the map and the actual final number in our system. Our intent was to promote the symbolic 2.5K number.
    Furthermore, the confusion resides in the numbering sequence and we apologize for this, but want to further explain exactly what has happened.
    As previously discussed on SpyderRyder.com, the two main reasons for the Premiere Edition Spyder sequence numbers exceeding #2,589 are the dealer demo units and the Try Spyder Tour units. In fact, I mentioned the final sequence number of Premiere Edition units should be at #3,306 in a recent Can-AmTalk forum. These 800 dealer/tour units were taken from the same sequence as the Premiere Edition vehicles to ensure that dealers and tour staff had display and demo units quickly for training and marketing purposes.
    I also want to bring it to your attention that we recently discovered a mistake with the Premiere Edition numbering sequence. Contrary to the information that we had received, it turns out that we did include approximately 550 international/overseas units in the production line sequence for Premiere Edition vehicles. The original intent was to start a new numbering sequence for international/overseas units. Unfortunately, this did not occur and we are sorry.

With the addition of the 550 international/overseas units and the 800 or so dealer demo and tour units, it puts the final sequence number of Premiere Edition Spyder roadsters at 3,856. We apologize for the confusion, but want to assure you, as our most valued Spyder customers, there are only 2,589 Premiere Edition Spyder first owners in North America.
    Again, we apologize for the confusion regarding the quantities of Premiere Edition Spyder roadsters.
    Please e-mail SpyderTeam@BRP.com with any questions – our goal is to keep you informed and be a resource for all of your Spyder questions.
    Sincerely,
    Marc R. Lacroix
    Can-Am Spyder Marketing Director
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

PE #1977. Will get another someday but will keep this one

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

#418 , Just recently added a Limited Edition RT.

Spyder Garage

#3239 Still running strong.

ken tompkins

Spyder Garage

Brian has #3783

Spyder Garage

Had a non-premier edition GS for 2008. It has been traded on a 2010 RTS PE#474.

I still see my GS around--so its going strong.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

#1923 still going strong!

Spyder Garage

#459 Dec 07, need an RT also

Spyder Garage

What about the phantoms?!??

Spyder Garage

I was in San Diego in Feb 07 when they unveiled the Spyder. Ordered one right away, promoted it so much that by June 07 I was hired by my local dealership. Got mine, PE # 684 in Nov 07. Now have 74,500 on the same machine. Don't sell them any more, but still love the ryde.
    Mark

Mark "Spyderman" Adams
    ------------------------------

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fly boy View Post
    Sorry, I am only talking about the original Premier Editions in this thread. Those came later

Spyder Garage

#2832 hot & running

arntufun

#3494 here. I'm not the original owner but it still doesn't change the fact that I have one a PE Edition. I'm a Guinea pig too ya know !!! I have the service and recall slips to prove it.

Shame on you for caring only for the "original" owners numbers. What makes you better than the rest of us that got ours pre-loved ??? I know you mentioned you had to leave a deposit on yours, but I had to pay for mine to. I thought you were a better person than that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    #3494 here. I'm not the original owner but it still doesn't change the fact that I have one a PE Edition. I'm a Guinea pig too ya know !!! I have the service and recall slips to prove it.

Shame on you for caring only for the "original" owners numbers. What makes you better than the rest of us that got ours pre-loved ??? I know you mentioned you had to leave a deposit on yours, but I had to pay for mine to. I thought you were a better person than that.
    I think you missed the whole point of the thread. I wondered how many of the original owners still had their Premier Editions. I wasn't discounting anyone. All Spyders and SpyderLovers are great. But I will quote my first sentence of my original post "I was just wondering with all the people buying new and used spyders and with all the current owners upgrading or trading in their spyders, how many original Premier Edition GS Owners do we still have left. " Don't make this thread something it isn't please. Anyone that knows me, knows I care about Spyders and SpyderLovers. I am sorry if you misunderstood the purpose of the thread.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    I think you missed the whole point of the thread. I wondered how many of the original owners still had their Premier Editions. I wasn't discounting anyone. All Spyders and SpyderLovers are great. But I will quote my first sentence of my original post "I was just wondering with all the people buying new and used spyders and with all the current owners upgrading or trading in their spyders, how many original Premier Edition GS Owners do we still have left. " Don't make this thread something it isn't please. Anyone that knows me, knows I care about Spyders and SpyderLovers. I am sorry if you misunderstood the purpose of the thread.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. It must have been the way I read it. I could understand my interpretation if I made such comments, but I thought that was rather odd for you to do such a thing. My bad !!! You forgive me ???

Spyder Garage

I know I'm not the original owner but I just got #3630....I guess it came from Florida.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. It must have been the way I read it. I could understand my interpretation if I made such comments, but I thought that was rather odd for you to do such a thing. My bad !!! You forgive me ???
    You are welcome and forgiven.

Spyder Garage

#2166 still going strong ...
    started silver no all gloss black ... still thinking of trading for white RT limited
    but i dont think i could part with it .... if anything i may wait 2 more years and just buy an RT and keep my original ....
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Yea, What about the phantoms ?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

PE #3550, purchased May 1st '08. Still runs like a hose!

Registered Users Ken5517 / Wish Again's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey Deb

Still have my GS and I still ryde it - I got it in Nov. 2007 and what a stir it made everywhere I went back then.

PE #375 - Yellow is faster

Spyder Garage

Sorry, I am only talking about the original Premier Editions in this thread. Those came later
    Quote Originally Posted by Boriken View Post
    Yea, What about the phantoms ?
    I think I answered that in all the above quotes. I am simply trying to see how many original PE owners still have their machines. That is all this thread is about, nothing more, nothing less.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    #2166 still going strong ...
    started silver no all gloss black ... still thinking of trading for white RT limited
    but i dont think i could part with it .... if anything i may wait 2 more years and just buy an RT and keep my original ....

Waiting until they make a shorty windshield for the RT?
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Nancy still has her PE #2466.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default PE 1967

Still have my Premium Edition SM5. Ordered in June 2007, delivered in March 2008. Now at 32,000 miles. Been to Alaska and back.